While I try and fight off the effects of a nasty cold I’m fighting at the moment, it seems that those from the Tool website have been busy preparing a number of announcements for us. For most of us the important news is that we have confirmation of some Tool shows happening in October (I’ll summarise and comment on the changes to ToolArmy in a separate post).
Three dates have been announced: Salt Lake City, Denver and Little Rock:
- October 24th – Salt Lake City, UT @ Maverik Center. Tickets go on sale Friday, June 10th at 10:00am MDT at all Smith’s Tix locations, smithstix.com and the venue box office.
- October 26th – Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center. Tickets on sale Friday, June 10th at 10:00am MDT at Altitude Tickets.
- October 28th – Little Rock, AR @ Verizon Arena. Tickets on sale Friday, June 10th at 10am CDT. Purchase tickets at ticketmaster.com or livenation.com.
It’s also expected that Tool will be announced as part of the Voodoofest and Aftershock Festival lineups in the coming days. From what I’ve heard this will be a short tour, so don’t expect to see further dates added.
As is the norm these days, there will also be VIP tickets available, firstly via a ToolArmy pre-sale:
VIP EVENT PRE-SALES
A VERY LIMITED NUMBER of special VIP EVENT TICKETS will be available for the above three Tool shows – this as a salute to our distinguished TOOLARMY members who may want to reap the benefits of membership and get more of the Tool concert experience than that of more casual fans. The VIP PRE-SALE will begin on WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8th at 10:00 AM PDT. Again, this pre-sale is only available to ToolArmy members.
TOOL VIP TICKET PRE-SALE DETAILS
- One (1) VIP ticket for admission to concert show (to be distributed at the VIP event)
- Admission for one (1) to the VIP event in the venue
- Early entry into the venue
- Live Q+A session with Adam Jones*
- One (1) VIP merchandise pack (to be picked up at the VIP event)
- Tool’s tour merchandise available for early purchase and at a discount at the VIP event
- Photo opportunity
- Light refreshments
- *Live Q+A session is subject to change with another band member or band members
VIP EXPERIENCE PRICE: $499.98