Tool will be embarking on a small tour in the US and Canada in the summer of 2009. The dates largely revolve around a couple of large festivals they’ve decided to play this year. Reviews and Setlists for the shows can be found below. Anyone with anything to submit – pictures, video, audio, reviews or comments let me know via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates are listed below, and beneath them are any reviews. No further dates are expected at this late stage. Links go to further information regarding the show or a ticket vendor:
- 18th July Mile High Music Festival, CO
- 19th July Energy Solutions Centre, Salt Lake City, UT
- 21st July Us Airways Arena, Phoenix, AZ
- 22nd July Santa Ana Star Center, Rio Rancho, NM
- 24th July AT@T Center, San Antonio, TX
- 25th July Nokia Centre, Dallas, TX
- 27th July Gwinnett Arena, Duluth, GA
- 29th July Bojangle’s Coliseum, Charlotte, NC
- 30th July Patriot Center, Fairfax, VA
- 1st August All Points West Festival, Jersey City, NJ
- 2nd August Verizon Arena, Manchester, NH
- 4th August K-Rock Centre, Kingston, Ontario
- 5th August, Molson Ampitheatre, Toronto, Canada
- 7th August, PNC Center, Cincinnatti, OH
- 8th August Lollapalooza Festival, Grant Park, Chicago, IL
- 22nd August Epicenter Festival, Pomona, CA
There was much discussion about the set list. Many people took issue with the static nature of the set , and/or the length of the set. For the record, the setlist was generally:
- Lost Keys
- Rosetta Stoned
The first few shows were missing Aenema.
The much speculated cover was never played, apparently due to a change of heart by one of the band members. Some have suggested that Passage to Bangkok (Rush) was played as an intro to Rosetta Stoned a couple of times. Others speculated that On The Run (Pink Floyd) was played – though both of these were denied by Junior.
There were several highlights of the tour, many courtesy of Kanaduh from TDN, who was lucky enough to see all dates except the Epicenter Festival:
- At the Dallas show, Adam’s guitar stopped working during Vicarious. Maynard decided to “vocalise” the guitar part.
- Also in Dallas, Justin donned a gigantic cowboy hat for part of the set!
- Asteroids was played on the Alex Grey backdrop during Rosetta Stoned on several of the later gigs.
- Maynard occasionally changed the 46&2 lyrics to be “46 and 2 equals 48″
- During the Toronto set, Maynard left only to come back with a bowl of french fries, which he continued to eat during the show, and offered to the other band members. The lyrics of Lateralus may have been altered to “embrace the french fries”
- Some Bill Hicks audio/visual was used during Lost Keys on the Atlanta show (and possibly others)
- Maynard was on crutches for the last show in Pomona. Presumably he hurt himself picking grapes in the week off.
It certainly sounds like it was a fun tour for the band. Adams Facebook page also has plenty of cool back stage photos.