Amer emailed me today and mentioned that he’s selling his Aenima Promo Vinyl. He mentions on the auction that it’s the “Holy Grail of Tool Collecting”. That may or may not be the case, but anyway, it’s currently bidding at over US$200. Those of you who are keen to get a copy of the rare piece of vinyl, check it out!
Ryan from Tool Collector is once again selling his Tool collection. If you have something missing for your own collection, then take a look at his site, and get in touch with him.
He also has a copy of the signed Lateralus vinyl on Ebay, which is currently up for auction starting at $510. If you’re keen for a bid, check it out here.
Occasionally I get asked to help sell some rare Tool memorabilia, and last week I was approached Tool collector GNX to help sell a rare Undertow studio DAT. This Digital Audio Tape is one of three mastered recordings – one for the CD, one for the LP and one for cassette. This particular one is the cassette version.
According to GNX it is the same recording as used on Undertow, but sounds much clearer, and you can sounds that aren’t really detectable on the released recording. For example the symbols ring out much more clearly.
Serious offers for this collectible can be emailed to me, and I will pass them onto GNX. I have no idea what the reserve is, so don’t ask, but it’s safe to say this item should go for a reasonable amount to the right buyer.
Note that while I consider GNX to be a reliable seller of Tool collectibles (items of his have appeared on the site in the past) Fourtheye claims no responsibility to the authenticity of items sold. All purchases are at your own risk!
Also, GNX will be watching this thread, so feel free to ask any questions in regards to this item in the comments section.
The third stage of Toolboy’s Tool Collection selloff is upon us, and below are the latest items he will be parting with. For your convenience he has also included a ballpark figure for each article, and tells me that all offers will be considered. Make a bid before the wind up on Ebay!
- Opened never played Opiate on Volcano 25
Opiate first US press still sealed 40
- Prison Sex UK DJ single 60
- Sober UK DJ single 60
Lateralus Promo Pic Disc
- Undertow Press release Photo + 1 page bio 25
- Undertow 12" x 12" record store flat 30
Aenima 2 LP original release, sawcut on cover but overall really nice copy. LP 2 has some surface scuffs that shouldn’t affect play, LP’s may have normal surface noises here and there, but should be no skips (cannot guarantee this as I don’t have a working player anymore. Judged by visual inspection under 400W light.) 225
- Aenima 2 cassettes (US & Indonesia) 30 each
- Aenima 2 album CD’s (Australian 25,
US repress sealed 40, Uk release 20)
- Aenima 2 press kits complete with bios and photos; 1 of which came with promotional info (logos and marketing plan) $50/$75
- 2 different Aenima tour itineraries 150 or 75 each
- Aenima 12" x 12" promo record store flat 25
- Selections from Aenima CD – US 50
Selections from Aenima CD – Australian 50 US Stinkfist CD single 40 Stinkfist Picture Disc
- 46 & 2 CD single 50
- H. CD single 50
- Aenema UK cd single 60
- Album Primer US & UK release 40 each
- Schism UK CD single 40
- Schism DVD single sealed 25
- Lateralus – sealed cassette Polish 50
- Lateralus – US release 30
Lateralus – Canadian 1st release CD with the mis-spelled cover still sealed 50 Lateralus CD single 50 Schism CD single Eurore release 40 Parabola - US release 50 Parabola - UK release 50
- Salival – UK CD promo 60
Salival – CD/VHS (PAL) first misprint version. 85
- Vicarious US CD single 15
- Vicarious Polish CD promo 100
10,000 Days cassette Indonesia sealed 35
- promo clear and printed plastic bag given with purchase of album 25
- 10,000 Days CD Record Store Display – 45
Bootleg: 10000 Nights (Live, Limited run and #) 50
- Bootleg: Coachella Empires (Live) 50
- Bootleg: Psychogenic Amnesia (Live) 50
Toolboy is an avid Tool collector, and he emailed me the other day to tell me that it was time to part with his prized collection. It features a range of items, most of which would interest a die hard Tool collector. He’s preferably looking to sell the collection in one lot, and asked me to forward it to the Fourtheye community to see if there was any interest from you guys.
Contents of the 70 piece collection are detailed below, and we will be running this as a silent auction. There is a reserve associated with the collection, and considering the size of it, and some of the rarities it contains, note that it is quite high. Feel free to discuss the auction below, but if you are genuinely interested in bidding for this collection, let me know your offer via the contact form, and I shall coordinate between you and Toolboy to make this happen. Note that Toolboy is located in Alberta Canada, but postage can be arranged for most parts of the world.
The collection includes the following:
- Opiate – Canada (Black), USA & Germany first releases
- Undertow – Germany VG+, Poland VG+, USA first press, US BMG Direct, US RP (Volcano)
- Aenima – US first release, Indonesia VG- Cover has edge wear; folds of cover
- Lateralus – Philippines Still sealed, Poland VG++, Indonesia VG++, US releases
- 10,000 Days – Indonesia still sealed
- 15 items
- Stinkfist US
- 4 Video Comp. US
- 2 items
CD’s including singles, promotional items, albums and EPs
- Opiate (Volcano RP) drill hole,
- Opiate Japan BMG obi-strip still sealed
- Prison Sex – UK VG++, Germany VG++, US 2 track – releases
- Sober – US ZP 17121-2 (small 1 1/2" crack in front of case)
- Sober Dutch release VG+
- Undertow – Barcode version complete w/ mail in form attached
- In Store Play
- Selections From Aenima – US & Australian release
- Stinkfist – US release
- Forty Six & 2
- Aenema – EU release
- Album Primer – US release
- Aenima – US Lenticular cover;stickered & still sealed, UK release VG++ (case shows just wear), Australian VG++
- Schism – EU release VG++, US DVD single x 2; 1 VG+& other is still sealed
- Parabola – US release, UK release VG+, US DVD single VG++
- Lateralus – 1 Canada RP w/slip VG++ & 1 Canadian 1st press still sealed
- Vicarious – US VG+
- 10,000 Days – Canada VG++
- Vicarious DVD – US release VG++
- Psychogenic Amnesia – UK release (Bootleg)
- 10000 Nights – #220/500 (Bootleg)
- Opiate – Long Box CD still sealed, has drill hole in back of box, small 1/2" surface tear mark down to brown paper, just beside hole, has some creasing above CD, probably from poor boxing; was received this way. 72445-11027-2 3
- Lateralus UK single
- Album Primer EU release
- Salival promo UK release
- Opiate Jive release
- Sober (Bootleg)
- Coachella Empires (Bootleg)
- 39 items
Note from Toolboy: All my vinyl has been stored in LP sleeves with cardboard stiffeners; sleeves removed from jacket.
- Opiate – US first press still sealed, US RP in shrink never played
- Undertow – US first repress; saw cut cover; printed sleeves, US Volcano RP still sealed
- Sober E.P. – UK DJ single
- Prison Sex – UK DJ single
- Sober – Picture Disc
- Sober – UK DJ single
- Stinkfist – Picture Disc
- Cessaro Summability – Picture Disc
- Aenima – second US press saw cut cover 61422-31087-1 1; faint cat# on spine, top right corner has slight corner crease, light shelf wear. LP 2 has light surface scratches.
- Lateralus – Picture Disc
- Lateralus – Official 2 LP Picture Disc Album still sealed.
- Opiate first Volcano RP Miss Press
- 14 items
Toolboy was kind enough to supply me with some photos of the collection as well: