The Melvins, Big Business and Porn hit the road for a European tour, kicking off on the 24th of November in Madrid, Spain. In case you missed it, dates for the tour are:
- November 24, 2009 Madrid, Spain – Caracol w/ Big Business, Porn
- November 25, 2009 Barcelona, Spain – Apolo2 w/ Big Business, Porn
- November 27, 2009 Conegliano, Italy – Zion Rock Club w/ Big Business, Porn
- November 29, 2009 Athens, Greece – Rodeo w/ Big Business, Porn
- November 30, 2009 Athens, Greece – Rodeo w/ Big Business, Porn
- December 1, 2009 Bologna, Italy – Estragon w/ Big Business, Porn
- December 2, 2009 Segrate, Milan, Italy – Circolo Magnolia w/ Big Business, Porn
- December 3, 2009 Geneva, Switzerland – L’Usine w/ Big Business, Porn
- December 4, 2009 Munich, Germany – Feierwerk / Hansa 39 w/ Big Business, Porn
- December 5, 2009 Schorndorf, Germany – Manufaktur w/ Big Business, Porn
- December 6, 2009 Berlin, Germany – Maria am Ufer w/ Big Business, Porn
- December 7, 2009 Paris, France – Glazart w/ Big Business, Porn
- December 8, 2009 London, United Kingdom – Garage w/ Witch, Big Business, Porn
- December 9, 2009 Luxembourg, Belgium – Kulturfabrik w/ Big Business, Porn
- December 10, 2009 Kortrijk, Belgium – De Kreun w/ Big Business, Porn
- December 11, 2009 Den Haag, Netherlands – Paard van Troje – State X New Forms Festival
- December 12, 2009 – Minehead, United Kingdom – Butlins Holiday Resort – TEN YEARS OF ATP
The guys from Big Business have also been involved in a new musical project called White Shit. More information can be found here for those interested (hint: it sounds just like Big Business)
Ipecac has announced a new batch of Isis tour dates including plenty of European ones:
- July 3, 2009 Roskilde, Denmark Roskilde Festival
- July 5, 2009 Cergy, France Furia Sound Festival
- July 6, 2009 Eindhoven, Netherlands Effenaar
- July 8, 2009 Bochum, Germany BHF Langendreer
- July 9, 2009 Stuttgart, Germany Wagenhallen
- July 10, 2009 Dresden, Germany Beatpol
- July 11, 2009 Munich, Germany Feierwerk
- July 12, 2009 Bern, Switzerland Dachstock
- July 13, 2009 Torino, Italy Spaziale Festival
- July 15, 2009 Trier, Germany Exaus Open Air
- July 16, 2009 Dour, Germany Dour Festival
- July 18, 2009 Joensuu, Finland Ilosaarirock
Hopefully we might see them Down Under sometime this year also…
Last week Dragonforce’s Herman Li playing with Tool during Lateralus during the August 22nd show at the Brixton Academy. According to Blabbermouth, he had the following to say about Tool:
TOOL‘s a unique band. It was fun to enter their world and improvise something to their style of music in front of their big audience.
I wonder who else Tool will get to join them on stage before the tour is out…..
fortysixand2 posted on Toolarmy today that the show on the 4th of September has been changed from Salata to Dom Sportova. Here’s a link in a language I can’t understand which may or may not explain the situation. If anyone can translate it then let me know!
Update: Ivana just emailed me and tells me that the move to Dom Sportova is simply because it of demand for the tickets, and Dom Sportova is a bigger venue. Enjoy the show!
Word is Maynard has recovered sufficiently for Tool to play the Gampal Festival in Switzerland. Thanks to the Tool Hotline!
According to a post on Toolband/Army, Tool have been forced to cancel the upcoming show at the Frequency Festival in Austria. It looks like Maynard has contracted a throat infection and isn’t able to perfrom. No word on if any other dates will be cancelled.
Let’s all hope for a speedy recovery for Maynard, and hopefully a minimal disruption for the remainder of the tour!
Thanks to the Tool Hotline who tell me that Chicago band Russian Circles will be supporting Tool on the three UK dates on the upcoming tour. Sounds like they got the job because Isis, Pelican and These Arms Are Snakes weren’t available, that and Justin Chancellor seemed to like their music. Check out how they got the gig in this Drowned In Sound interview, then go and have a listen on their Myspace site.
Toolband/Army are reporting that Tool are playing at the Apollo Theatre in Manchester on the 23rd of August. No word yet on whether or not Oasis are supporting…..
Toolband/Army today posted an official list of European tour dates. No word on if this is a complete list or if there are more dates to come:
Aug 9 – Oslo, Norway @ Oya Festival
Aug 11 – Germany (near Hannover) @ M’era Luna Festival
Aug 12 – Katowice, Poland @ Spodek – Metal Hammer Festival
Aug 13 – Budapest, Hungary @ Sziget Festival
Aug 15 – Salzburg, Austria @ Frequency Festival
Aug 15 – Switzerland @ Gampel Festival (as far as I know, this should actually be the 16th)
Aug 18 – Belgium @ Pukkelpop Festival
Aug 19 – Holland @ Lowlands Festival
Aug 21 – London, UK @ Brixton Academy
Aug 22 – London, UK @ Brixton Academy
Aug 25 – Paris, France @ Rock en Seine Festival
Aug 26 – Frankfurt, Germany @ Area 4 Festival
Aug 28 – Frankfurt, Germany @ Jahrhunderthalle
Aug 31 – Bilao, Spain @ Azkena Festival
Sept 2 – Milan, Italy @ Independent Days Festival
Sept 4 – Zagreb, Croatia @ Salata
Sept 5 – Belgrade, Serbia @ (to be announced)
Sept 7 – Istanbul, Turkey @ Kurucesme Amphitheatre
More dates have been leaking out over the last few days.
Firstly, Cihan tells ma that Tool are playing in Istanbul on the 7th of September. Tickets can apparently be purchased here .
Edit: And I forgot to mention that Buman from the Norwegian Tool Fan Site says that Tool are playing Øyafestivalen which is a summer festival in Oslo, Norway on the 9th of August.
There are also a couple of new US shows that Mike Nock on Toolarmy has identified. They are:
- 16th June Cape Girardeau MO,
- 23rd June Fort Wayne IN
- 5th July Grand Rapids MI
I’ve been throwing together a bit of a Calendar using Google Calendar. For those of you using this tool, or anything that can read iCal files, feel free to use it!
Finally, Tobias, a Fourtheye regular contacted me saying he has 3 tickets for the Nine Inch Nails show in Sydney this Wednesday. He’s looking to sell them at face value ($85 each) so if anyone is interested contact me and I’ll put you in touch with him.