01. Hall Of The Dead
02. Ghost Key
03. Hand Of The Host
04. Wavering Radiant
05. Stone To Wake A Serpent
06. 20 Minutes / 40 Years
07. Threshold of Transformation
01. Hall Of The Dead
Frostadamus tells me that Maynard is in two movies coming out this year. The first is The Other Side, where Maynard plays a series of roles (Hippie/Chauffeur/Pilot/Bartender/Butler/Bait Shop Clerk). The second is Crank 2: High Voltage where he plays an uncredited Dog Walker.
James emailed Isis today about the video that may or may not feature Maynard, and their response was:
‘ Hey thanks a lot and thanks for watching. Nope, no song of ours in the background. I think you may be hearing a performance that was happening in the background at the festival where Mike rode the bull. ‘
You failed again Ganjalf.
Frostradamus pointed out to me that a version of Lighten Up Francis from the D is for Dubby album is now streaming on Puscifer.com. While there I noticed that there was this message in regards to the Las Vegas Puscifer shows:
Thank you all for the support on these Vegas shows. For those of you who missed out on tickets, we’re trying to shift a few things around and hopefully open up a few more seats in the balcony. And I believe we’ve reserved some “Special Package” tickets as well. You know. Weekend extravaganza. 3 nights in an actual Room, a bakers dozen of fresh somethings, a monogrammed roll of Palms Toilet paper, you’re picture with a rare camel, etc. Something or nothing at all like that.We’ll keep you updated. Again… Thank you all for the support.
Ganjalf told me today that he was checking out a new clip from Isis in the recording studio, and some of the music playing while showing some mechanical bull riding has a strangely familiar voice…
It does sound like Maynard. Does anyone else recognise the music as something else?
Sub-Chthonian revels … Transplutonian echoes… the din of the endomatrix? Available JULY 22, the latest album by LUSTMORD on Hydra Head Records. Featuring guest appearances by King Buzzo (Melvins), Aaron Turner (Isis) and some chap going by the name ADAM JONES…
4. Dark Awakening
6. Of Eons
7. Prime [Aversion]
8. Er Ub Us
ARTWORK BY ADAM JONES
For those interested there is a limited shirt and hoodie available until July 17th with pre-orders.
- working on some undisclosed entertainment industry related project? Guitar Hero perhaps?
- also involved in the construction of some future band-related endeavor. Building a recording studio perhaps?
- Spending time playing Halo 3 and watching Baseball games with Buzz
- spending lots of time in his loft studio gearing up for some music-related enterprise. Writing new material? Pigmy Love Circus record?
- performing with Volto!
- writing a book with Blair
- other stuff including driving his lamborghini, painting his house, etc.
- building a new house
- working on new Tool riffs
- possibly working on another musical project
- revamping Lobal Orning at some point
- working on wine and Puscifer as outlined on his Myspace site
- hopefully looking after his vocal chords
- working to complete a couple of new projects
- one of these is very close to becoming a reality
So there you have it. No detail really, but we didn’t expect that.
All Tomorrow’s Parties takes great pleasure in announcing that the next
curators for the Nightmare Before Christmas this December 2008 will be
Mike Patton and Melvins. Both are hugely influential, innovative and
vital productive forces, and we’re very very pleased to be able to
present performances from both as well as a fantastic bill of artists
picked by them. The event will take place December 5, 6 and 7 at
Butlins Holiday Camp in Minehead.
The line up so far looks like this:
Curated by Melvins
Curated by Mike Patton
Fantômas perform The Director’s Cut
Pretty awesome lineup I reckon. The Fantômas set should be pretty cool.