10,000 Days (also 10000 Days) is the fourth album released by Tool. Recorded in the last half of 2005, the album was released by the band on May 2nd 2006.
10000 Days reached #1 on the record charts in the USA, Canada, Australia and Norway and #4 in the UK.
Recording of 10000 Days
The album was recorded with Joe Baressi and produced by Tool. The album was recorded at O’Henry Studios in Burbank, California, The Tool Loft and the Grandmaster Studios in Hollywood. The album was then mixed at Bay 7 in North Hollywood
Once complete it was mastered by Bob Ludwig at Gateway Mastering Studios in Portland, Maine.
10000 Days artwork
The album was released on CD with packaging that include built in glasses to be used with the stereoscopic artwork. Images included art by Alex Grey and Meats Meier as well as photographs by Travis Shinn.
The album received the Grammy Award for Best Recording Package in recognition of it’s unique cover art.
- Wings for Marie (Pt 1)
- 10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
- The Pot
- Lipan Conjuring
- Lost Keys (Blame Hoffmann)
- Rosetta Stoned
- Right In Two
- Viginti Tres
Vicarious was the first track released for 10,000 Days. It also has CGI video directed by Adam Jones, with sections contributed by Alex Grey. Vicarious was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Hard Rock Performance in 2006.
Jambi is a recent setlist staple, having been play at most Tool shows since the release of 10,000 Days. It features an extensive talk-box guitar solo.
Wings for Marie (Pt 1) and 10,000 Days (Wings Pt2) form one lengthy song, the lyrical content of which describe Maynard James Keenan’s relationship with his mother, Marie.
The Pot was rumoured to have had a video created for it, but as of August 2015 this has neither appeared nor been confirmed by the band. The Pot was nominated for a Grammy Award for the Best Hard Rock Performance in 2008.
Lost Keys (Blame Hoffmann) and Rosetta Stoned combine to make a lengthy Tool song, unique mostly for Maynard’s manic vocal style throughout most the track. It tells the tale of a drugged up security guard abducted by aliens.
Intension marks a change in style on the album, a softer track with a reliance on Danny Carey’s electronic drumkit in the final parts of the track.
Right In Two features a long tabla solo in the middle of the recording.
Pages related to 10,000 Days
A list of articles with the tag “10000 Days”:
- Nostalgia: 10,000 Days Andy King Review
- 10 years of 10,000 Days
- Right In Two Lyrics
- Travis Shinn Photography
- Adam in Guitar World
- Poll Results: What is your favorite 10,000 Days secret?
- New Poll: What is your favorite 10,000 Days secret?
- Adam on Baltimore Sun
- Poll Results: 10,000 Days 12 months later...
- Pre-sales Spoiled? Wings For Marie Lyrics
- Aria Charts 2006
- This Beat Could Win Me A Grammy...
- Tool in California (again) and Alex Grey 10000 Days
- Record Sales
- "The best album art since the 70's"
- Alex Grey & Adam Jones interview
- Alex Grey Listening Party Pictures
- 10,000 Days in the charts
- Australian #1 and Platinum
- Tool #1
- COSM Listening Party
- Meats Meier
- 10,000 Days received
- Sony Australia Tool Competition
- Coachella, Rage, Sunrise
- US Midnight Sales
- COSM 10,000 Days Listening Party
- 10,000 Days in Sydney
- More UK Shows, COSM, Coachella
- More Packaging Pictures on TA
- Triple J Feature, More NZ Midnight Sales
- 10,000 Days Shortage saga continues.....
- Midnight in New Zealand
- More Midnight Sales
- Ottawa Midnight Sale, Artwork Leaked
- More Packaging......
- 10,000 Days being played on Triple J
- 10000 Days Stereoscopic Ark Hoax
- 10,000 Days Shortage Update
- More Packaging, Brisbane Midnight Sale
- 10,000 Days Shortage
- Just in case you haven't heard....
- Another Liner Notes Image?
- More Promo Material, US Tour?
- Vicarious Leaked
- Dutch Listening Party Review Translated, Possible New Booklet Scan, Vicarious Guitar Tab
- 105.9 The X Play "Vicarious" Clip
- Kabir Posts a Review of 10,000 Days
- Tool Promo Site, More US Tour Date Rumours, Kabir Playing Games
- Another Promo Poster
- Vicarious Playing Times
- Utopia Midnight Sale
- Rock Hard interview
- More liner notes:
- Triple J to play Vicarious
- Leaked Artwork?
- Adelaide Pre-Sales
- Alex Grey Comments, 10,000 Days Review?
- Track Lengths, New Style
- New 10,000 Days Ad
- More Australian Pre-Orders
- 10,000 Days Shipping
- Adam in Guitar world
- Tool Leak
- Tool at Coachella
- Alex Grey Comments, Butcher/Volto/Tool Live
- 10,000 Years? Vicarious Soon?
- Vicarious April 17
- Australian Pre-Order, Ticket Sales
- Danny Interview, Alex Grey
- Singles, Butcher, Artwork, Tours
- Album Cover on Amazon
- Artwork Shenanigans
- 10,000 Days Artwork
- Promo Pictures, German Listening Parties
- Fake Artwork Gallery
- 2nd May, Lateralus Gallery Update
- “Lies are usually caused by undue fear of men”
- Another Cover.....
- White, Black and Gold
- 10,000 Days Tracklist
- Billboard, Amazon, Isis+Butcher
- Australian Listening Party
- Kabir confirms 10,000 Days
- New Tool Article
- Adam's Myspace, Opinion, Toolshed
- 10,000 Days
- Tool February 2006 Newsletter, more Lateralus vinyl
- Tool Promo Tour
- Tool January 2006 Newsletter
- Travis Shinn discusses 10,000 Days photography
- Happy Birthday Adam!
- Tool February 2012 Newsletter
- Joe Barresi Interview
- Tool Newsletter August 2009
- A General Warning
- Meet Adam Jones at Docters Without Borders Fundraiser
- 10,000 Days Vinyl?