Maynard has announced that there will be a Puscifer remix album All Re-Mixed Up out in August this year, which will contain tracks from the Conditions of My Parole album worked over by a bunch of his buddies:
All Re-Mixed Up is the continuation of the Puscifer tradition to release alternate versions, reworks, and remixes of what we consider initial thoughts. For instance, Carina Round was nervous about how to approach her version of ‘Telling Ghosts.’ Mat Mitchell put her at ease by asking her to think of it as a song half written, advising her to ‘now write the other half.’ It’s extremely liberating in the digital age to approach composing and creating in this manner. Infinite paths to explore, reinterpret, and re-present.
Here’s the track list:
- Monsters (Deconstruct) remixed by Mat Mitchell
- The Green Valley (Verde River Maestro 507 mix) remixed by Rani Sharone (Stolen Babies)
- Monsoons (JLE Motorik mix) remixed by Josh Eustis
- Telling Ghosts (Giorgia O’Queef mix) remixed by Carina Round
- Horizons (Dream of a Lie remix) by John Fryer (This Mortal Coil)
- Man Overboard (11AD remix) by Alain Johannes
- Toma (Burn Out remix) by Five Knives
- The Rapture (JLE Needs Service mix) by Josh Eustis
- Conditions of My Parole (F.U.B.A.R. remix) by Sir Mix-A-Lot
- The Weaver (Virtual Vacuum remix) by Aaron Harris (PALMS)
- Oceans (Green Mussel Mix) by Zac Rae
- Tumbleweed (Delusions of Grandeur mix) by The Beta Machine
It contains the usual selection of Puscifer buddies, but it’s interesting to see Sir Mix-A-Lot lending his talents to the album. Album will be out August 27 at the usual outlets.