As promised, Danny and Blair had a chat on Rynne’s Children of Saturn show, discussing their trip to France as well as a small update on Tool. They also took a few questions from Facebook, one of which was from yours truly! Here’s a summary of the bits I imagine most of you are interested in:
- Songwriting is progressing well, especially on the 20 minute epic they’ve mentioned numerous times. Danny mentioned that Justin in particular is quite happy with a recent version of the song. No mention of Maynard at all.
- Adam didn’t go on his annual trip to the UK this November, which means that the band seem to have found some extra time to work together.
- No tours or other distractions are on the cards
- There are no plans for other Tool (non-album) releases or reissues at this stage, however Danny did suggest that the curveball was a video for Opiate that was presumably supposed to be part of that reissue. This may get a proper release soon
- A working title for one of the new songs is Bouncing Arab.
- Danny named Rosetta Stoned as the most difficult Tool song to play live.
- Blair gave the hint “REAL2REEL” in regards to Problem 8. Danny mentioned that there may be such a thing, but didn’t go as far as to validate what Blair was talking about.
- Danny talked about both Pigmy Love Circus and ZAUM and in particular the likelihood of either releasing something new. He didn’t discount the idea, nor are there any current plans.
That’s about it for now. Nothing to groundbreaking, but a good listen regardless.
When a link for the full podcast becomes available I’ll try and remember to post it..