While I try and fight off the effects of a nasty cold I’m fighting at the moment, it seems that those from the Tool website have been busy preparing a number of announcements for us. For most of us the important news is that we have confirmation of some Tool shows happening in October (I’ll summarise and comment on the changes to ToolArmy in a separate post).
Three dates have been announced: Salt Lake City, Denver and Little Rock:
- October 24th – Salt Lake City, UT @ Maverik Center. Tickets go on sale Friday, June 10th at 10:00am MDT at all Smith’s Tix locations, smithstix.com and the venue box office.
- October 26th – Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center. Tickets on sale Friday, June 10th at 10:00am MDT at Altitude Tickets.
- October 28th – Little Rock, AR @ Verizon Arena. Tickets on sale Friday, June 10th at 10am CDT. Purchase tickets at ticketmaster.com or livenation.com.
It’s also expected that Tool will be announced as part of the Voodoofest and Aftershock Festival lineups in the coming days. From what I’ve heard this will be a short tour, so don’t expect to see further dates added.
As is the norm these days, there will also be VIP tickets available, firstly via a ToolArmy pre-sale:
VIP EVENT PRE-SALES
A VERY LIMITED NUMBER of special VIP EVENT TICKETS will be available for the above three Tool shows – this as a salute to our distinguished TOOLARMY members who may want to reap the benefits of membership and get more of the Tool concert experience than that of more casual fans. The VIP PRE-SALE will begin on WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8th at 10:00 AM PDT. Again, this pre-sale is only available to ToolArmy members.
TOOL VIP TICKET PRE-SALE DETAILS
- One (1) VIP ticket for admission to concert show (to be distributed at the VIP event)
- Admission for one (1) to the VIP event in the venue
- Early entry into the venue
- Live Q+A session with Adam Jones*
- One (1) VIP merchandise pack (to be picked up at the VIP event)
- Tool’s tour merchandise available for early purchase and at a discount at the VIP event
- Photo opportunity
- Light refreshments
- *Live Q+A session is subject to change with another band member or band members
VIP EXPERIENCE PRICE: $499.98
Awesome! I’m very tempted to fly over for one/two of these show’s and the go to the VIP – Going to a previous VIP and then being at a Tool sound check was incredible and worth the $ alone. If I was to go, which 2 shows/venues are recommended best?
If you’re doing 2 shows, I’d definitely do SLC and Denver because they’re far closer to each other than to Little Rock, close enough to drive between. If you’re flying between cities I suppose that doesn’t matter.
I’m in Denver, and can’t be certain about the other venues, but none of them will be outstanding. They’re all primarily sports arenas for hockey/basketball.
I’m of course partial to Denver, but have not been to the other two.
Lap it up sheep.
Thanks singularity26 – That was helpful!
I’ve been to several Tool shows but have never done the VIP Experience.
Who thinks that Tool will do the VIP again in the future? I would love to splurge, but would like to wait to do the VIP in the future if possible…
I’m sure Tool love the money. I expect the VIP thing is a permanent addition…
Thanks for the reply. I think I’ll wait for that experience. Those VIP prices are steep, no doubt. I may go the Denver or SLC show with a GA ticket.
Side note, not complaining, but I just don’t really understand all the mini-tours? Even as a die hard fan, I am wondering if it’s worth it to see them a 4th time with essentially the same show and material…I just wish I knew what was going on so I could wait and see them with new material (if ever).
I just bought the VIP to the Denver show. I am stoked. First time on the VIP side.
Was on there at 10 am SHARP…No tickets available. Fucking scam. This industry is a joke. Every scalper website has about 40,000 tickets available at $900 dollars though.