Another quick weekly update for the Fourtheye faithful! If you’re one of those lucky enough to go to a Tool show/clinic in the next week and want to avoid spoilers, you should stop reading!
In this weeks edition:
- Billy & Maynard Wig shopping
- Setlists and Q&A from Tool Music Clinics
- New music- Wrong, Skinless, Rivers of Nihil, Sleep
Billy & Maynard Wig shopping
Maynard James Keenan and Billy Howerdel from A Perfect Circle have filmed a short, somewhat funny video for Revolver where they joke around in a wig shop. It’s not really champagne comedy, but worth a watch.
Setlists and Q&A from Tool Music Clinics
There’s a bunch of posts on Reddit which goes into detail what happened at the recent Tool Music Clinics. For the most part they sound like a cross between the standard Tool VIP experience, and an intimate instrumental only show. There’s a pretty cool Mega Thread happening on Reddit which covers and range of questions asked at the first clinic. Some interesting snippets of info!
At the Northern Invasion Tool show last night, the setlist was more or less the same as we’ve seen the last few years, with a nice addition of Sober. No doubt a range of videos will pop up on Youtube over the coming days. Adi Granov provided the artwork for the show. I’d wager that the show next weekend will have the same artwork
Here’s a few links worth checking out:
- cooltoolguy shared a bunch of photos from the clinic and the Northern Invasion show
- Other few other bits and pieces I’ve collected from Reddit
New music worth checking out!
- Do you like Helmet? Wrong sound a lot like an old, angry version of that band, and their albums strays very close to out right copying them at times. They have a new album called Feel Great, and great it is!
- Skinless are a pretty hard hitting death metal band. Brutal even. Their latest album Savagery is a great listen for fans of the genre
- Also in the Death Metal genre are Rivers of Nihil, though they have a bit more of a prog metal thing going. Their latest Where Owls Know My Name is well worth a listen!
- Stoner metal legends Sleep surprised us with an album about the same time as A Perfect Circle released theirs. You can stream The Sciences here.
I’m super interested in the clinic. Hopefully we get some California dates for that sooner than later.
These clinics are just to fill time between 2 festival gigs in that general area of the country. After these dates, it’s back in the studio for Adam and Justin to record their parts, so Maynard can sing someday…..
Well I’ll still hope they do some clinics in the future but I most certainly prefer they are in the studio.
Does that poster have tits? Looks really tight.
I choose to believe it is gender non-specific
That poster is bad ass. I watched the WIG SHOPPING video… WTF?
Liking that Rivers of Nihil album, thanks for the heads-up.
Who’s behind Tool’s recent art direction? Chet, Adam?
I think it’s Adi Granov.
Adi Granov has provided a lot of the art lately – he does great work. It wouldn’t surprise me if he featured prominently on the new album.
Poster art is a poor mans giger in the biomech style.
Everyone’s a critic
I kind of echo that opinion ; tool’s recent visuals look like your average deviantart stuff.
That being said, I’ve checked Adi’s website gallery and the lad has his own very recognizible identity in almost all of his work.
I’m guessing a lot of these posters are quickly put together and that’s why they feel so loose.
Rivers Of Nihil are great. Have always equated them with Nile. Skinless are good, but not my thing. People lost their minds when I stated I liked Cryptopsy a couple of years ago.