Chat Room??

The Main Event
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Chat Room??

Post by xZ1mM3r »

is there/was there any type of fourtheye chat room at any point? A place we could just sign onto and quickly chat or get questions answered, see who is online, without having to make a whole new thread?
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Re: Chat Room??

Post by Ettan »

Would be nice, especially during peak times i.e halloween show setlist bash. DC++ maybe? Or is that too old-fashioned? Easy to host files as well.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

DC++ seems like overkill, and quite old school. Something that works in a browser I suspect is ideal (maybe DC++ does these days?).

I'm not against the idea of chat room, but it's never taken off mostly because you were lucky to ever actually find someone else in the room at the same time. I suspect what may work better is some kind of shoutbox type thing, where a user can post a "chat" and it stays visible even when they are no longer online. If anyone has any suggestions on a specific tool to use, then I'm all ears.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy wrote:DC++ seems like overkill, and quite old school. Something that works in a browser I suspect is ideal (maybe DC++ does these days?).

I'm not against the idea of chat room, but it's never taken off mostly because you were lucky to ever actually find someone else in the room at the same time. I suspect what may work better is some kind of shoutbox type thing, where a user can post a "chat" and it stays visible even when they are no longer online. If anyone has any suggestions on a specific tool to use, then I'm all ears.
I liked the shared YouTube thing, but can't usually spend significant amounts of time on something like that anyway.

Edit: Anybody check this out - https://rabb.it ?
Ki77aan :twisted:
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

^ Yeah those old synchtube sessions were fun. The old chat room was fine but no one was ever there. A shame because it is nice being able to have real time conversations about shit. Nekkid Skype sessions with Kittaan are fun but you can only see a man's butthole so many times before it gets old ;)
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Who trying to kid, moggers? Kittaan is the grandpa of Fourteye (read: that butthole hasn't been young for a loooooong time)
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Kittaan wrote: Edit: Anybody check this out - https://rabb.it ?
Looks fancy,

What I envision is something that can be either installed on Fourtheye, or embedded in a page here. It also needs to not require some kind of social media sign in. There are a few options out there, but I need to investigate them further.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:
Kittaan wrote: Edit: Anybody check this out - https://rabb.it ?
Looks fancy,

What I envision is something that can be either installed on Fourtheye, or embedded in a page here. It also needs to not require some kind of social media sign in. There are a few options out there, but I need to investigate them further.
This.

Members are MUCH more likely to use a chat room if its built into FE some how. where it be embeded into its own thread or just a link off of the homepage.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Agreed. After I actually checked out what Rabb.it is, it's not what we're looking for.

@ Pete - yes, my bung hole is aged... like a fine wine. Moving on.
Ki77aan :twisted:
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Kittaan wrote:yes, my bung hole is aged... like a blown tire. Moving nowhere.
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining