Last album or more

The Main Event
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Re: Last album or more

Post by Krazy_blah »

I’ll take quantity over quality from Tool at this point, and see what happens. Those new 12 minute songs don’t have to be that long. Seems like they’re long just for the sake of being long, Invincible got a decent response from the Chicago crowd- Descending not so much.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Responses to new songs at live shows are always pretty minimal, especially when they haven't been released. It's no surprise that songs that have been around, and on the radio for 20 years get more claps that unknown stuff. Especially when you consider 80% of the audience are likely not "hardcore" Tool fans.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

im ok with them writing long pieces. it was happening slowly over time anyway. now they seem like its what they want to do entirely and musically they are pushing there limits more then ever and thats awesome. even if it isnt there classic material they are doing what they want/have to do and i think thats pretty cool.

having said that i think Parabol/Parabola is one of my fav tool songs ever. i can listen to that one a lot and always feel it. the lyrics,the whole thing. really good tune. (except the ending, i got use to it but its still kinda weird)
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

I can certainly respect that for some an album full of long songs might not be a their thing. For me it is what I have always wanted from Tool. An entire album full of songs over 10 minutes is exactly what I want. I want an album that showcases the talent and song writing ability of Adam, Danny and Justin with Maynard doing just enough to compliment the music. Long instrumental sections yeah this is the Tool album I was hoping for.
The most intelligent person on this forum
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

If the last half of Descending represents the entire album, you're gold <3
also, Avatar!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

trilobite wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:19 am If the last half of Descending represents the entire album, you're gold <3
Agreed my friend I will be one happy fella
Hodef
Bronco's Fan

Opinion

Post by Hodef »

When you say this new release is Tool's last album that's an opinion. Without a source, I take most statements like this with a grain of salt. If this is truly Tool's last album they would said so at some point. I'm going to remain optimistic until either Maynard or Adam confirm what some of you are saying. It's just an opinion. You don't owe me anything. Just don't expect me to believe you.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

:lol: And opinions are like.... Mog.

Remember your health dood. Try not to get so worked up.

It’s just a rock band.
Ki77aan :twisted:
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Clearly opinions are not like Mog because if they were like Mog they would always be correct and that most certainly is not the case ;)

Now back to your room old man
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Perhaps Blair had a good point: don't listen to the new album at once. Just spread it over several months...
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

ms2r wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:13 pm Perhaps Blair had a good point: don't listen to the new album at once. Just spread it over several months...
lol no way more power to ya if you could pull that off but after 13 years and the sheer amount of ranting and bitching I have done there is no way I am not listening to that thing from start to finish on August 30th.
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

I'm with Moggles. Tool's long songs are ever evolving masses of sound that fuck your ears repeatedly. Take Rosetta Stone for example: It seems every time I listen to it I'm noticing something new. That's why tool will always have a special place in my heart. Right next to liquor and cheap women.
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.