Tool - is this their last album?

The Main Event
liz
Lunchinator

Re: Tool - is this their last album?

Post by liz »

Kittaan wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:04 pm I’M not planning on putting any more albums out. So there you have it.
Nooooooooooooooo!
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

This is so odd... I liked that you used Member and Tool in the same sentence though.
Be good to each other.
tys0n
Streeper

Last album, no really not

Post by tys0n »

This is not there last album, you are not Maynard so stop saying it is what it is but is not. Knowing nothing is what you achieved by stating false facts jack. Albums come and go and another will be on the horizon after this one is released.
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Re: Last album, no really not

Post by liz »

tys0n wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:20 pm This is not there last album, you are not Maynard so stop saying it is what it is but is not. Knowing nothing is what you achieved by stating false facts jack. Albums come and go and another will be on the horizon after this one is released.
Did you forget to log in as Hodef?
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Hodef
Bronco's Fan

last comment

Post by Hodef »

I said in my apology that i would stop posting this topic. I know i didn't. I think that some people are posting to either upset me or shut me up. I'll be the bigger man and stop posting about whether this is the last album. I realize people will find my topics and keep saying its the last album. Instead of posting this topic than I'll ignore them. They probably don't have any thing better to do. Hellboy, please delete this entire thread.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: Are you a member of Tool or Maynard

Post by Busty McCracken »

Hodef wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:48 pm Kittaan

If you are not a member of the band Tool or Maynard than your word means next to nothing. Even if you are not planning on making new albums that doesn't mean Tool isnt. So, there you don't have it. I think you said that to shut me up. You would have to prove that you are Maynard, and you can't. I choose to remain hopeful until there are multiple articles with Maynard saying it'sthe last album.
Just a question but what if say Justin said it was their last album? is Maynard the only persons word you take as gospel?
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I don't think any of the bands members have said this will be their last album. Any talk that it is should be considered speculation.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

liz wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:23 pm
tys0n wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:20 pm This is not there last album, you are not Maynard so stop saying it is what it is but is not. Knowing nothing is what you achieved by stating false facts jack. Albums come and go and another will be on the horizon after this one is released.
:lol:
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

hellboy wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:13 pm I don't think any of the bands members have said this will be their last album. Any talk that it is should be considered speculation.
In fact, there are instances with pretty much every member of the band where they state otherwise. Maynard has alluded to as much in an interview or two, Adam said there would be more at the clinics, Danny's goal to match Led Zepplin, etc.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

woosh
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

tys0n wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:17 pm
woosh
Just my take. :)
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

This will be their last full length new album. This is it. They are getting old. In fact I sincerely hope I am not wrong. The last thing I want from Tool is a prog metal album from a bunch of guys in their mid 60s with diminishing skills. This is a good way to end it. Still sharp based off Descending and Invincible and their recent tours. Enjoy the next couple of years after this touring cycle they are done. Jimmy will release more shit with Puscifer. Adam will collect more dead animals. Danny will sit in at the Baked Potato until the arthritis kicks in. Justin is the youngest so maybe he will find a decent project to work on but more than likely he will drink and watch Chelsea matches.

This is it. Last hurrah. Swan song. They wasted so many good years. Such a damn shame.
The most intelligent person on this forum
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

^Another album is not impossible given that the completion of this latest one may have created a momentum that they can take advantage of. I do concur that they need to be mindful of going out on a top note. I cannot imagine that the band don't feel that way too.

You are a bit of an ageist fellow there Mog.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

David Bowie made an album on his literal death bed.
Canned audience laughter
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

So did George Harrison. Although he had to have his son finish it with Jeff Lynne
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Lazy prick.
Canned audience laughter
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

M0G wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:46 pm This will be their last full length new album. This is it. They are getting old. In fact I sincerely hope I am not wrong. The last thing I want from Tool is a prog metal album from a bunch of guys in their mid 60s with diminishing skills. This is a good way to end it. Still sharp based off Descending and Invincible and their recent tours. Enjoy the next couple of years after this touring cycle they are done. Jimmy will release more shit with Puscifer. Adam will collect more dead animals. Danny will sit in at the Baked Potato until the arthritis kicks in. Justin is the youngest so maybe he will find a decent project to work on but more than likely he will drink and watch Chelsea matches.

This is it. Last hurrah. Swan song. They wasted so many good years. Such a damn shame.
Roger Waters is 75 and still has it. Don't count our boys out just yet.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

I’d say 50/50 it’s their last full length album. I wouldn’t doubt some sort of DVD/VR and/or possibly singles down the track. If they do record another album, It would come as a pleasant surprise. Besides, 60 is the new 50 and they have young kids which tends to keep us feeling young. They’re not using walkers or anything. They seem to all be looking after themselves so I wouldn’t put it past em.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

BlackHole83 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:06 am I’d say 50/50 it’s their last full length album. I wouldn’t doubt some sort of DVD/VR and/or possibly singles down the track. If they do record another album, It would come as a pleasant surprise. Besides, 60 is the new 50 and they have young kids which tends to keep us feeling young. They’re not using walkers or anything. They seem to all be looking after themselves so I wouldn’t put it past em.

This! thats why i somewhat think M's lyrics are a little overly dramatic on these 2 new ones, going on about age. i empathize with a hip replacement and breaking his wrists but in short i just think hes going on about being an old dude and its not that entirely.

One more is possible. a live video and other goodies. watch them pull the same thing again. that would be sad.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I’m a little depressed that nobody appreciated my “Hodefinitely”.

Of fucking course it’s ALL speculation.

@liz - I may still put another album out yet, so don’t fret.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Kittaan wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:31 am I’m a little depressed that nobody appreciated my “Hodefinitely”.

Of fucking course it’s ALL speculation.

@liz - I may still put another album out yet, so don’t fret.
It was noted. I snickered. Just didn't give a shout out
Listen to All Them Witches
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Thanks Bustamove. It was petty to even mention it.
Ki77aan :twisted:
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I imagine Tool would naturally get motivation once this album is released. After not releasing music for over a decade, teasing new music and then releasing an album to such hype and excitement would make any band more confident and eager to release more material.

I also would imagine their record contract which was signed prior to the internet is to some extent holding them back. They aren't a dumb group of guys, they know their worth and I don't think it's crazy to assume they would release additional material on their own once they fulfill this ancient contract.

No reason to assume this is their last album. Being 50 means nothing. In normal life people work at a hard labor job for 15-20 years beyond 50... I think making music is a bit easier to continue doing into your later years.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

^Agree.

As long as they are alive, they will continue to make music. Why would they not take advantage of being free agents after this record? Some of my favorite musicians have put out music well into their 70s. And to think that they won't have the skills or physical ability to continue on later in life is a ridiculous notion, as well. Let's not jump to conclusions with 100% certainty that they are done after this album.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

This will be Tool's last album. Adam and Maynard are 55. Danny is 58. Justin is 47. The problem here is Danny. Yes at the moment he is still a force of nature. Best in the business. Absolute beast. But when he drops off it will happen quickly. This touring cycle will likely last two years, so Danny will be 60. Danny is going to drop off as he gets into his sixties and it will happen quickly when it does. Whether it happens when he is 62 or 65 it is going to happen. At some point he is going to slow down. Given Tools shit track record releasing albums are they going to release another album when Danny is 70? Get real. This is it. Done. Last album.
The most intelligent person on this forum