Fear Inoculum

Pimple
Green Herbsman

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Pimple »

Kittaan wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:17 am Sounds in the fullest ecstasy await us all. Ecstatic am I at the gnotion. 30 August come quickerly.
Egstatic... geez.
Be good to each other.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Eggcellent
Canned audience laughter
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

Back to this song, I have now listened to it a shit load of times and it continues to get better with every listen. I now find myself singing along (in the car of course), like I would with almost all of their other songs. I have read through all of the different articles (thanks to all the people who posted them), and am fucking psyched for this album. I hope it leaks soon, cos I can't wait.
Be good to each other.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

damn I always though your name was pimpie
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Yeah me too...

Maybe it's our brains filling in the blanks after seeing the i in Pim at the start of the name and just concluding that another i comes after the second capital letter P here.

Sorta like how we can figure our "F*ck me" and "Holy sh*t" without too much processing :)
cahernandez
My pain is just an excuse

Post by cahernandez »

if by any chance you are in the Monterrey, Mexico area the day FI drops, the brewpub I help run will have a FI listening party, free admission of course, and we are giving away Tool stickers! I'll buy you a beer if you are there!

Also, something I read in the Metal Hammer interview, JC: "One day during the tour, Maynard's like 'Excuse me, Jus, can I have a word with you?' And I was like, 'Oh no, I'm in trouble'. And he goes, 'Can I ask you a favour? You know, in Invincible, can you get the crowd to not clap during that part? Because it really throws me off!'. The next night I didn't do the pointing thing, and it was hard for me. I'm like 'What am I going to do, just stand in the shadows and be quiet'. And guess what? They all clapped anyway! They're literally clapping a polyrhythm. And I looked over at him and I just flipped him off."

Classic Justin! He should be the spokesperson of this band!
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

He should I’m loving that he’s so reclusive but then makes the band appear most human.

he’s also completely made me want to get a bass.
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

2 weeks folks. 2 weeks. :shock:
AnonymousTarsier
Maynard Believer
Height: 309 cm

Post by AnonymousTarsier »

mattw wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:03 am Yeah me too...

Maybe it's our brains filling in the blanks after seeing the i in Pim at the start of the name and just concluding that another i comes after the second capital letter P here.

Sorta like how we can figure our "F*ck me" and "Holy sh*t" without too much processing :)
Or wehn you can raed tihs knid of txet wtohuit any tobulre, aolhtugh it is cmolepte and uettr buhilslt.
alteridiom
Bronco's Fan

Post by alteridiom »

I met Justin once and he was a super nice guy. Really humble and was quite talkative. Signed some stuff for me. Much different from my MJK experience.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Don’t leave us hanging like Tyson in his grape suit, alt
St. Troy

Post by St. Troy »

alteridiom wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:54 am...Really humble and was quite talkative...Much different from my MJK experience.
Don't make us hunt for you the way we hunted down the loft...

/prepares for the slings and arrows of absolutely all readers
I ain't no pervert; I was just born curious.

I'm your friendly neighborhood peeping Tom.
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

I forgot my pen
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Just a drive by: two weeks to go!!!

I hope everyone holding out is hanging in there, and I hope Chill's girl is doing okay.

I saw that Adam posted the track list to Instagram (mostly likely old news for everyone here), but it definitely caught me wide-eyed. :)

I'm sure there's been a lot of discussion about many things, and I'm looking forward to catching up on the 30th. It's going to take me some time to get through all these pages though...with more sure to come in the next two weeks.

Definitely looking forward to your review of the album Hellboy, and everyone else's thoughts too. Guaranteed to be some awesome things to read.

Can't give up on the count down we started over 100 days ago, so I'll most likely drop in next Friday too.

\m/

:D
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I'm still hanging in there with you Norm. I'm barely even lurking the forum these days. Avoiding all reviews and reactions to reviews. 2 more weeks.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Godspeed gentleman. See you in a few weeks!
Listen to All Them Witches
7oolband

Post by 7oolband »

I want to be like nxrm and Billy Hill when i grow up. I did hear 2 minutes of A/Descending at the '14 shows, though. I was so spoiled upon discovering tool in 2010. Everything they ever made was at my disposal. The first song i fell in love with, The Patient, has also helped make a decade-long journey make more sense. All the while my viewpoint has been that i was not owed anything else and that wanting more tool after being hit with the likes of Cold & Ugly, Prison Sex, Flood, Ænima(album), Lateralus(album), Salival, Wings Pt. 2, D/R/T, Intension's meditative moments, epiphany inducing mammoths known as Parabola and Rosetta Stoned and the masterpiece Maynard's Dick. I had all the tool I would ever need.

and now, Fi, more tool than i could ever ask for; clocking in at approx. 90 mins.

"What have I done to be worthy?"

So, being a (relatively) new tool fan, i feel i must give Fear Inoculum(Fi) a proper first listening accompanied by an open mind and no expectations. I want to try my best to apply what i've learned from the song lateralus when listening to Fi. "Overthinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, leaving opportunities(for growth) behindddddd" "Feed my will to feel this moment, urging me to cross the line", these are the ideas i want to be true for my first experience with Fi. I want everyone else to take any pressure they have off of themselves or tool and try to approach the new album in a way that would make our tool fandom proud. Try to replace any fear that tool sounds different with faith in tool's knowledge and ability.

Thank you again 4th eye!
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

Danny wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:21 am Another review.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/08/ ... ne-listen/
It's funny that they claim that the album sounds digital, given the fact that it's one of the few records out there that got recorded completely on analog tape.
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

lukas wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:55 pm

It's funny that they claim that the album sounds digital, given the fact that it's one of the few records out there that got recorded completely on analog tape.
I caught this, as well.
We will know soon.
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I think the "digital" comment more comes from an increased use of synths than anything else. I don't think clarity in the mix is necessarily a "digital" thing.
jthomi
Maynard Believer

Post by jthomi »

Wow, this is really interesting. All stores I contacted in Germany/UK had absolutely no info or did not want to share anything about possible vinyl. Wondering if there is a difference between the 4LP mentioned and the CD+vinyl coming later this fall.
Man, why not give us all information about coming editions so we can decide which one to buy??
fractal-machine wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:42 pm Image
This was posted on a forum. The guy who posted this is from New Zealand I think, and it's from his local record store. But what I'm really intrigued about is what the store owner wrote on the note about the 4 LP and the CD+vinyl(October/November), oh and the "At the request of the band".
Could Tool actually drop some vinyl on us on release day?
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Specter wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:39 pm
lukas wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:55 pm

I caught this, as well.
We will know soon.
And given MJK's vox were recorded at home in AZ, those would have most likely been recorded digitally.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

limeygringo wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:53 am

And given MJK's vox were recorded at home in AZ, those would have most likely been recorded digitally.
Where has this been confirmed? The one article that mentions it is talking about when they were writing, but people seem to be conflating it with the actual recording.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
jackob2545

Post by jackob2545 »

Still going strong here as well nxrm & Bill Hilly. Just did a quick check in/catchup and looks like a we are in for something truly special. It’ll be here before we know it!

Cheers all!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Boldizar wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:34 pm Where has this been confirmed? The one article that mentions it is talking about when they were writing, but people seem to be conflating it with the actual recording.
I don't know it it's been confirmed 100%, but Maynard indicated in an interview a few months back that he records all his vocals and home, and give that Mat Mitchell I believe is in the liner notes, this would appear to confirm that.