Re: Maynard on Joe Rogan Experience 29-Jul-2019

Post by Busty McCracken »

New Zealand will legalise it I imagine then a few years later we'll catch up
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Nah we will need an 80 million dollar postal vote first.
Canned audience laughter
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Rogan just wouldn't let MJ do his announcement without interfering and derailing the subject, what the hell was that haha
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

First question Rogan came up with after MJ announced Tool would come to streaming plus the album title: so how's the wine business? :D
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

WTF Joe? You detracted Maynard right when he was getting to the "meat"! I thought for sure we were gonna get more info regarding the process or maybe asked about Justin Danny or Adam. Or maybe what about the album cover? Is there any meaning to the cover art or title?
I think MJK really thought he was gonna talk a little more about the album, tbh. But Joe is not an interviewer! This was a big miss!
Or maybe that was their intention?
Oh wait this is Tool... :D
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

I’m positive Maynard would have given us more info if Joe had asked.

Joe does this all the time, he asks questions and then he himself talks about the subject, he likes to show his audience that he’s knowledgeable.

It was a good listen though.
I forgot my pen
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Joe was more interested in getting Maynard to smoke the weed or take cannabis pills, wtf!
Canned audience laughter
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

When Joe didn't even ask what 'Inoculum' meant I knew he had no real interest in pushing the Tool topic. How does a massively hyped album finally get announced live on air and the interviewer not even ask a single question about the new album?!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I know, he didn't even ask if Inoculum was meant to be past or pretense!
Canned audience laughter
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Post by thekillingjoke »

Maybe Joe doesn't want the podcast to turn into a generic "tell us about your new project" type of talk show.
But in this case it was really awkward. I've learned something about centipedes though. I thought they were generally harmless, like bigger silverfish.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Have you heard about human centipedes, there are like 3 movies about them.
Canned audience laughter
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

I actually think Joe is a great interviewer, he tends to get out of the way more than people realize. Compare him to someone like Piers Morgan (bleck) who really rails people with questions and tries to drive a point the entire interview. Joe's podcasts are just straight up conversations. Sure Joe can get a little pushy at times, but just as often he shuts up and lets his guests just rant on whatever.

Naturally a lot of us wanted more album details, but I figured Maynard and Joe would talk more about the things they have in common: self-reliance, sustainability, neutral politics, post-apocalyptic scenarios, food, drugs, science, etc. I don't think Joe stopped Maynard from speaking at all. He said what he wanted to say, and even gave us some insight on the 13 year drudgery :). I wasn't even expecting that.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:04 am When Joe didn't even ask what 'Inoculum' meant I knew he had no real interest in pushing the Tool topic. How does a massively hyped album finally get announced live on air and the interviewer not even ask a single question about the new album?!
My only answer to this would be "at the request of Maynard"
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

fairly disappointed with the interview. it felt like jimbo was ready to talk even more about tool and let even more off of his chest but Joe did not take advantage of it. the sigh of relief from mjk was the clear indication, he appeared to want to open up...
alteridiom
Bronco's Fan

Post by alteridiom »

The interview went as expected given history and setting. Plenty of promo to come. We will get more.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

That was the interview about nothing. Rogan needs to stop doping up before shows. "Hey man, ever heard of Comanche Badgers? Fuck dude, pull up the video."
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

The album is coming out and they are going to do interviews. I don't think Maynard wants to bite his tongue about how difficult this album was to make anytime soon.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

"By the time this actually airs, it would have already happened, but you're going to film me doing it"

To those of you speculating that Maynard looked disappointed or that he thought it would be live, i think the above quote kinda quashes your whole theory. I mean, he even says the fans have been patient and deserve to hear it first in relation to hearing about it before the podcast airs.

Also I have no doubt Maynard opened up exactly as much as he wanted to open up on the subject.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Exactly, Busty. He didn't look disappointed at all. He knew it wasn't live. And to the other person that speculated that Maynard sounded different and possibly got vocal chord injections?? WTF yall.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Bill Hilly wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:27 pm Exactly, Busty. He didn't look disappointed at all. He knew it wasn't live. And to the other person that speculated that Maynard sounded different and possibly got vocal chord injections?? WTF yall.
lol right!? WTF guys.... May Jay sounded exactly like he always does.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeah there's some really fucking strange comments being made about it. Just people hearing what they wanna hear I guess and thank you I have been working out, I appreciate your kind words
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

I don’t think he Maynard was disappointed, i think he expected a question from Joe when he said the revealed title while all Joe wanted to do was push weed😉.
I mean he did the reveal on the podcast, i’m sure he was expecting to talk more about it otherwise he wouldn’t have done it, he had his iPad and iPhone with him to post the teasers.
I forgot my pen
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Bill Hilly wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:27 pm Exactly, Busty. He didn't look disappointed at all. He knew it wasn't live. And to the other person that speculated that Maynard sounded different and possibly got vocal chord injections?? WTF yall.
That was me lol. He sounds different to me, but more than the tone of his voice, his mouth seemed to be interfering with his speech more than I have ever noticed before. I am not a Maynard superfan, but it was noticeably different from what I've seen before. More coherently, his speech seemed more impeded than in the past (and not because "he's high" or something).

It was just an observation, not a conspiracy theory. It was odd.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

I'm not sure Boldizar. He sounded exactly the same to me. He did look a little buff though. It looks like he got some bicep implants.
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Post by thekillingjoke »

The voice/speech thing might just be an age related phenomenon. Like this dropping balls thing I keep hearing about.