First Fear Inoculum listen approach?

The Main Event
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Two weeks away and we seam to know everything that we are going to know about FI. This is a momentous occasion and should be experienced properly. I personally expect a rush of emotions as the last 4 years have been a roller coaster of emotion.
My wife and I both lost our mothers while having two beautiful children in that time frame. TOOL has been with me since I was a young teen when I relied on music to escape.
So enough of that and on to the Question or questions, How are you going to consume this new TOOL release:

By the way of a leak?
August 30th?
Mind altering substances?
Locations?

I took the day off as I will wait for August 30th regardless of a leak. With the wifeys permission of coarse I will be relaxing in my back yard(very wooded area) in my hammock with a few splifs some liquid THC and a coffee for about 4 hours or so(8-12). Interesting coincidence my daughter will be getting Inoculated at 2:45 that day so I will have to break for that.

What about everyone else?
All well Whatever, Nevermind
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Re: First Fear Inoculum listen approach?

Post by ms2r »

If Spotify does release at midnight then it'll be a headphone listening session. Once. Then sleep. Listen with headphones again. Go to work, come home, blast the frell out of the neighbourhood.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Chances are it'll leak overnight, so I imagine my first listen will be on headphones either on the bus, or at work.
St. Troy
My pain is just an excuse

Post by St. Troy »

I won't bother with leaks and I don't stream, so:

1. At my first opportunity after the physical CD arrives, I will copy it to iTunes.
2. I will then download the 3 tracks they severed from the CD, move them into iTunes, and fiddle with the data so that they appear as one album.
3. This is where it gets tricky - the actual listen. If, by some miracle, the CD arrives on Aug 30, I hopefully will be able to execute steps 1 and 2 in the early evening (after work), and then hopefully my family will leave me alone for 90 minutes so that I can give it a run-through, in private, on earbuds (earphones?). If that doesn't work, then Saturday Aug 31 is out, as pretty much the whole day is taken with decorating the house (for fall - it's a big thing for us). So maybe Sunday? I really want to have an uninterrupted initial listen; wish me luck.
I ain't no pervert; I was just born curious.

I'm your friendly neighborhood peeping Tom.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Mine will be headphones, isolated somewhere, and with the hi-def files so that I can listen to the entire thing in non-mp3 quality.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

It all depends if it leaks or not but the plan is to sneak out at midnight Thursday/Friday with the wife and listen to it in full in the car while smoking some of the pot

Then headphones, repeatedly, until something comes up.

Like the OP I lost my mother to cancer right after lateralus. She made me go to the one and only tool show I have gone to in October of 01 while she was sick and I was 17. Then 10k came out so yeah. Rest In Peace to all the beautiful mothers out there. This band has been my go to as therapy and inspiration and I will forever be grateful for that. August 4 was the anniversary of mums passing and the return of tool the same week has nearly set me over on multiple occasions. I’m not a fist bump to the chest and point to the heavens type of guy but couldn’t help but feel her presence as I was giddy over the new single.

It’s great to see everyone here, who has come a long way, dealing with all the bullshit but still getting excited for this premier. Can’t wait to hear what tool have been up to while I’ve been busy over here pumping out kids.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

rshforgothispw wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:27 am August 4 was the anniversary of mums passing
August 3rd for mine
All well Whatever, Nevermind
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

spooky

hope you are doing good man. Having kids without their grandparents around has been tough for me I hope you are holding strong. And if we are going off of some weird synchronicity here, good luck with kid #3 ;)

Anyway we are off topic here. Does anyone else’s dog jerk off? Mine has not been fixed and I swear to god every time I bring him outside he goes and sits there in front of me and scratches this one spot that makes him fully erect.

I haven’t seen him do the deed yet cuz I chase him until he does other dog things but boy does he stink sometimes.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Anyway we are off topic here. Does anyone else’s dog jerk off? Mine has not been fixed and I swear to god every time I bring him outside he goes and sits there in front of me and scratches this one spot that makes him fully erect.
:?:
St. Troy
My pain is just an excuse

Post by St. Troy »

rshforgothispw wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:07 amDoes anyone else’s dog jerk off? Mine has not been fixed and I swear to god every time I bring him outside he goes and sits there in front of me and scratches this one spot that makes him fully erect.

I haven’t seen him do the deed yet cuz I chase him until he does other dog things but boy does he stink sometimes.
Jesus jumped-up Christ, this is the best thing I've read in a long time.
I ain't no pervert; I was just born curious.

I'm your friendly neighborhood peeping Tom.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Boldizar wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:17 am
:?:
Look man, this song is about conquering your fears and well I fear that my dog is beating off to me
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

Depends on when it becomes available. I took Aug 30 off from work because I'll be riding out to the Outer Banks (North Carolina) that day for a weekend getaway with some bros. So if it's out at midnight, I'll stay up and listen with headphones at home. I doubt I will have any pot because I lack a reliable resource, so will most likely be sober. If I somehow have 80 minutes of time to do whatever I want by myself while at the OBX, it might be rad to listen at the beach. But I suspect I won't really have time until I'm back from the getaway. Sadly my friends aren't really Tool people so it won't be something I can share with them.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Going to be a really complicated process involving turning on my IPAD and plugging my headphones in
The most intelligent person on this forum
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

M0G wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:18 am Going to be a really complicated process involving turning on my IPAD and plugging my headphones in
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

:D 8-)
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Bob speed Moggie. You can do it!
Ki77aan :twisted:
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Been saving one tab of some good L for this, and some DMT. My dear friend is going to drive us down the beach in his Porsche Panamera (amazing sound system) and allow me to zone out. Cannot wait.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

Boldizar wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:21 am
M0G wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:18 am Going to be a really complicated process involving turning on my IPAD and plugging my headphones in
Nice Apple iPad Space 10k, m0g!
I hope I'm home when this thing drops. Cuz I'd like to hear this on my home system. But if not, my car's the next best thing. Not sure what to think about the HD screen. But if this thing is somehow integrated with the audio, I may just wait till I get this. Amazon stated that I'll receive this on the 30th, Soo...
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

Sober for the first listen then got some shrooms saved juuuuuuust for the occasion. Hope they’re still good after 13 years. Fingers crossed!
SteveBobSteve
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Kittaan wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:45 am Bob speed Moggie. You can do it!
eeew, dont use the lords name in vain! :evil:
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Post by thekillingjoke »

The first listening to FI (the song) has turned out to be fairly irrelevant in the bigger picture, as have the first listenings to 10,000 Days in retrospect.
I usually run three 10Ks per week, during which I listen to music with a kind of heightened perception. I reckon this will be where I truly get to know the new album over the course of a couple of weeks.
Last edited by thekillingjoke on Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
purplepanther777
Bronco's Fan

Post by purplepanther777 »

3 words... L S D
purplepanther777
Bronco's Fan

Post by purplepanther777 »

oh, and also my buddy’s Bryston stereo setup.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Outside your window.
Canned audience laughter