TOOL: The Collective Unconscious

The Main Event
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Re: TOOL: The Collective Unconscious

Post by ilikecheese »

^If the transactions actually take place, yes.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

badkittygothgirl wrote:That is correct. They have not done shit in 8 fucking years. Hell, they can't even do the TA presale correctly. 1 1/2 since on sale time and they have not posted them yet.
But they still rock
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

AND roll
Hey! Denty!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

badkittygothgirl wrote:That is correct. They have not done shit in 8 fucking years. Hell, they can't even do the TA presale correctly. 1 1/2 since on sale time and they have not posted them yet.
8 years looks like just words but remember where you were and what you were doing 8 years ago? that's a long fucking time lol. I've had this job for the past 7+ years now and I can't even recall what my life was before it. plus it was like 2 girlfriends ago. jesus christ man.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I remember the day 10k Days leaked. I think it was a Thursday morning - I madly downloaded the torrent after being informed by a TDN buddy it was legit. Then listened to the first 2 tracks on the drive to work, the rest of the album at lunch time and then once more on a drive to Rockhampton that evening (I was living in Central Queensland at the time). Initial reaction was a little mixed, but by a couple of days of solid listens I loved the album.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I think you're right about them committing to the festival with hopes the album would be complete and it just didn't work out that way. Although it does surprise me, I would think they would want to release the album and tour on it for a summer of so and then disappear for a few years. I mean with Maynard's grape season and a new baby on the way I find it hard to believe it will be released this year. I can hope tho
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

I stayed away from the leak b/c I wanted to wait for the whole package. I went to Tower records for the 10k days midnight release. When we got there, we saw the Revolver mag with TooL and the Travis Shinn's photos on the cover and then also noticed that Ministry was releasing Houses of the Mole at the same time. I smoked a bowl on the way home so I would be ready to listen to the album. I lit some candles, packed another bowl and readied myself for the ride. It was amazing. I stayed up until 2am and had to be up early for work the next day. It was soo worth it! Feels like a lifetime ago.
levba
My pain is just an excuse

Post by levba »

I decided to listen to 1 song per year in case they took forever to release another album. I wanted to make sure I had fresh Tool music every year. This has worked out beautifully. I just started listening to Intension. In 2015 I'll start listening to Right In Two. I should finish 10000 Days in time for album number 5.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

levba wrote:I decided to listen to 1 song per year in case they took forever to release another album. I wanted to make sure I had fresh Tool music every year. This has worked out beautifully. I just started listening to Intension. In 2015 I'll start listening to Right In Two. I should finish 10000 Days in time for album number 5.
That is brilliant. I wish I had your foresight!!
Ki77aan :twisted:
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

I remember when the day 10K days came out. Picked up the album during my lunch break. I skipped the gym so I could go home to listen to it right after work. I remember listening to Vicarious and on the tv on CNN was some plane that was having to make an emergency landing b/c of landing gear issues and no one knew if the landing gear was gonna hold up upon landing or if the plane was gonna end up in a big ball of fire on the tarmac. It was a big deal on all the cable news networks.

The irony was very delicious.
I like to poop naked.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Went out to TA to check my reaction to the leak. This is from April 22, 2006:
I've listened to the "fake" release upwards of 50 times over the last 2 days. It is absolutely some of the most complex, compelling, engaging and ROCKING music I've heard. It belongs in the company of the other Tool material.
I remember that ELP called me out on that hyperbole... it was probably more like 20 times? Anyway, I obviously couldn't wait for the release. I bought two copies, one to keep, but ended up giving it to a buddy who's since become a Tool fan as well. I'm sure we've all turned on a bunch of people...

When I bought the CD, I didn't even get home. Just parked the car next to a creek on the way home and listened to the whole thing straight through, cranked. By that time, I knew it well, and was just marveling at the packaging and images. The design was amazing and well deserving of the awards.

Hey, how are they going to top this? Going to start a new thread about thoughts on how they'll package the next one.
Ki77aan :twisted:
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

2nd show added for SF
not quite as difficult to get tix to this one...
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

So they can add a 2nd SF date before they can nail done 1 LA date. Fuck those ball-licking, choad-sucking lazy bastards.
I like to poop naked.
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

Or a Chicago one I mean COMMON!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

badkittygothgirl wrote:I stayed away from the leak b/c I wanted to wait for the whole package. I went to Tower records for the 10k days midnight release. When we got there, we saw the Revolver mag with TooL and the Travis Shinn's photos on the cover and then also noticed that Ministry was releasing Houses of the Mole at the same time. I smoked a bowl on the way home so I would be ready to listen to the album. I lit some candles, packed another bowl and readied myself for the ride. It was amazing. I stayed up until 2am and had to be up early for work the next day. It was soo worth it! Feels like a lifetime ago.
you my dear are a true fan.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
toolboogie
Bronco's Fan

Post by toolboogie »

Nice one Kat! I was working at a record store the time 10,000 Days came out. My boss asked me a few weeks before the release how many copies I thought we should order, besides the personal pre-orders. I told him at least 100 (keep in mind this was a HUGE number for us) and he laughed and laughed, but somehow he did it anyway. We sold all of them within 24 hours (ya'll should've seen his face :shock: ) and he told me & my girlfriend/coworker to immediately get another batch at a large retail-store. We ended up at their counter with the last 17 copies we could find, but they thought this was a bit odd and didn't want to sell them to us in the end. It took us another 3 days to get the next batch in-store and had to tell "NO" to a lot of dissapointed customers... I also remember we had to unseal a lot of copies to stall the discs behind the counter, so I ended up with at least 25 extra stickers. It was great to show the artwork to a lot of customers that didn't even know the band. Some of them didn't even listen to the album and bought it straight away after seeing the package. We also had an extra 'worldwide import order system', so I don't have to tell you how much of my paycheck went straight back into the store that time... Trust me, people that have seen my collection, they know :)
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

That's awesome!! Sadly, with the advent of digital media, we have lost the midnight releases. That was so much fun to be with "our" people anxiously awaiting to see how TooL was going to blow our mind.
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

"We will do a very limited number of the VIP " ~hype machine engaged
"NO PURCHASE LIMIT ON VIP PACKAGES" ~totally unconscious
"MORE VIP PACKAGES JUST ADDED" ~Whoa, if your buying, we're selling
"sound check with members of Tool" ~Jim can't make it?

My friend's VIP package in 2001 included:
walking into auditorium while equipment was being unloaded
watching Fripp practice scales in the hallway
soundcheck from balcony
starving because there was no food
$0 -Add to the cart
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

but the kool-aid, man...the kool-aid is soooooo delicious!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

bonebroke wrote: "sound check with members of Tool" ~Jim can't make it?
Jim was at the sound checks in Oz.
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

"'
That's good.
The wording seems kind of open to 'not everyone necessarily being there'
Adam should get a bigger cut for doing the Q/A every night

My preference is for Tomahawk to open the west coast shows.
They just announced they are playing the March 21st gig with Puscifer, Primus, Tool, so why not.
Throw Mike a bone. Let him play in front of a packed house at BGC.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

bonebroke wrote: My preference is for Tomahawk to open the west coast shows.
Tomahawk would be nice, but as I mentioned in another thread I heard that Yob & Failure will most likely be supporting.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

hellboy wrote:
bonebroke wrote: My preference is for Tomahawk to open the west coast shows.
Tomahawk would be nice, but as I mentioned in another thread I heard that Yob & Failure will most likely be supporting.
Mr. Patton mentioned with his announcement of the Mexican fest via social media that this was their only scheduled show
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

thank God
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

wait a minute, you do realize you just thanked God, for God not intending to play any other shows with one of His, many, highly regarded bands, right?

God further went on to state, and I quote, "good taste in music, or anything else for that matter, is not reflected in the receipt of the 4thEye cheesy music award. On the contrary, I fear the level of entitlement displayed upon openly recognized mediocrity is just plain sad. It reflects poorly on all those associated with said individual, who I'm too ashamed to mention by name at this very moment. Someone, unfortunate enough to be close to this 'person', should inform the 'winner' that the bestowment of such a forgettable reward is not to be admired, and the unbecoming actions and attitude displayed by this heathen, even less so. Quite honestly, I fear for his soul as even I may no longer be able to offer it salvation".

pretty strong words coming from the supreme deity of our known universe, if I must say so myself.
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining