The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
tompie
My pain is just an excuse

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: It's HAPPENNING!!!)

Post by tompie »

Boldizar wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:23 pm @children Yea, there is a ton of decay on it and the ringing sounds dissonant. Definitely the snare. He's never had that sound before. Maybe they just mix out the decay normally and this is more natural. The actual crack and head sound great and pitched to the song, its just the resonance.
fwiw I hear this too. As a drummer it bothers me less because this is just what I hear most times I play on a kit, properly tuned or otherwise. I think you're right about them usually mixing out the decay or something along those lines.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:15 pm
snazzlefrass wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:06 pm Fuck Tool for making me increase my budget for household cleaning supplies this month. Fucking pricks.
You be jazzing all over the place you mean or they just inspired you to do a spring clean?
I’d say 70/30. Descending gets me swiffering like I’ve never swiffered before!

And it’s almost Fall, bud. Get with it.
SteveBobSteve
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Fucking jizz everywhere. Damn you Tool!
Professor of Lesbian Science
tys0n
Streeper

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: It Hapenned!!)

Post by tys0n »

Where the fuck is my 3 minute song in 4/4 with Maynard singing 'oh la la my chérie' over and over?

Cunts.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

The more I think about how shafted we got down here the more pissed I get. I'm a physical release kinda fulla and still love the idea of owning a physical copy and checking out the artwork.

I've avoided the unboxing videos and now images of it are starting to filter into my news feeds. No surprise but a fucking comment on this debacle would be great. We pre fucking ordered these things the day of and now 3 days since release haven't heard shit. Is fucked
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I'm also getting pissed about other members here chasing other variants with posts like "I got four copies of the first two but struggling to find my second copy of the third variant, has anyone had any luck?"

SHAME ON YOU SHAME ON YOU NOW
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Yeah, it's kinda shitty chasing a complete set when many outside the US at least are struggling just to get one.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

It's shitty that the band/label released variants after barely producing copies for the native region, let alone the world. The "fans" scalping them are the fans that should be blamed. Can't blame people for trying to collect something "comic book" Adam obviously intended them to.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Yeah but I can and will just out of pure jealously.

I'm not Jesus, they crucified that guy.
Canned audience laughter
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

This is what Oz gets for getting that two disc Undertow release in 94 when no one else did ;) I kid!
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Boldizar wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:27 am It's shitty that the band/label released variants after barely producing copies for the native region, let alone the world. The "fans" scalping them are the fans that should be blamed. Can't blame people for trying to collect something "comic book" Adam obviously intended them to.
I don't blame them for collecting such a things, just seems polite to keep it quiet where there are people obviously in need.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

hellboy wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:36 am
Boldizar wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:27 am It's shitty that the band/label released variants after barely producing copies for the native region, let alone the world. The "fans" scalping them are the fans that should be blamed. Can't blame people for trying to collect something "comic book" Adam obviously intended them to.
I don't blame them for collecting such a things, just seems polite to keep it quiet where there are people obviously in need.
Yes. Generally I'm not in favour of censorship but if you could just delete such posts in future? Thanks in advance.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

liz wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:42 am
hellboy wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:36 am
Yes. Generally I'm not in favour of censorship but if you could just delete such posts in future? Thanks in advance.
Typical lefty, it's better to name and shame imo
Canned audience laughter
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Didn’t the dude you’re talking about ask if you guys wanted him to send you Aussie fockers his extra copies at cost?
Ki77aan :twisted:
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

I've offered too. They just looooove to complain. :)
SteveBobSteve
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I’m not saying I wouldn’t be livid as well at the ineptitude of Volcano/Tool/Whoever made the decisions on world wide physical release strategy (they screwed the pooch on an epic scale). I am sincerely bummed you guys got shafted.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

Boldizar wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:58 am That out of tune snare in Invincible, ARRRRRGGHHHH. The overtones are so nasty and really prevalent in the mix. That is probably my biggest gripe of few.
The snaredrum sounds absolutly fantastic! It's a pleasure to my ears to hear ringing, hear the snare wires vibrate etc. instead of getting this standard DEAD sound like on every other rock album.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Re: The Grudge (Dude, Where's My CD?!)

Post by nxrm »

Just a feeling, but I think there's going to be a second (or continued) run of the physical CD package.

All the folks collecting multiple copies are going to end up with just that, multiple copies.

And I don't think anyone should be paying anything more than list price for these things at the moment. Patience is definitely key here.

Truly sucks that world wide distribution fell short on release date, but hang in there guys & gals.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Yeah but that's just it. Like I said in my rant, not even a comment. There's probably die hard fans that will now go and buy a copy at a massively inflated price. If Tool then announce a 2nd run they've been extra shafted. How hard is it to comment and say we are sorry for the let down to our fans. We are working on a resolution asap, please hang in there. Just fucking communicate for once in your fucking lives cunts
Listen to All Them Witches
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Re: The Grudge (Dude, Where's My CD?!)

Post by nxrm »

Busty McCracken wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:58 pm Yeah but that's just it. Like I said in my rant, not even a comment. There's probably die hard fans that will now go and buy a copy at a massively inflated price. If Tool then announce a 2nd run they've been extra shafted. How hard is it to comment and say we are sorry for the let down to our fans. We are working on a resolution asap, please hang in there. Just fucking communicate for once in your fucking lives cunts
^Yeah, sucks. Definitely agree.
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

Damn, didn’t know all this was going on while i was scrambling to get a single copy.

If the record company is to blame for the shortage then Tool is to blame for the lack of communication, i’m sure that they know what’s going on, a single Tweet could have cleared everything up.

Adam posted a story on Instagram of him getting on a plane and going someplace and sign lots of GuitarWolrd magazines, it seems he does have the time to do that and cash in.
I forgot my pen
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

While I'm not surprised there are no regular ticket presales, it is disappointing. They can't be bothered to add tour dates or fix their discography on their website but when it comes to milking their fans out of hundreds of thousands of dollars, watch how fast they scramble. ToolArmy is a complete joke of a fan club and I feel sorry for people who paid $50 to join in the past week. The press release was vague and misleading.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

The band need to address their fuck ups and try to somehow right the ship. I can already hear some fans saying their lack of care of the fanbase turns them off to the new music. I’m not at that point but I understand if some feel this way.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

fortysixand2 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:01 am While I'm not surprised there are no regular ticket presales, it is disappointing. They can't be bothered to add tour dates or fix their discography on their website but when it comes to milking their fans out of hundreds of thousands of dollars, watch how fast they scramble. ToolArmy is a complete joke of a fan club and I feel sorry for people who paid $50 to join in the past week. The press release was vague and misleading.
BlackHole83 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:56 am The band need to address their fuck ups and try to somehow right the ship. I can already hear some fans saying their lack of care of the fanbase turns them off to the new music. I’m not at that point but I understand if some feel this way.
Things like this definitely bum me out. I try not to let it affect my appreciation for the music and the experience of seeing them live, but it's often in the back of my mind, especially because TA used to be pretty cool.
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Isn’t awesome to see all of those prime seats on sale on stubhub! The music business is so broken. Looking forward to fighting with bots to get tix on Friday.

Also, would it have killed them to turn Justin up in the mix on the album. Jesus Christ, he disappears behind Adam, and Danny’s snare throughout.
“Casual Fan”