The Main Event
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Re: The Grudge

Post by The Boss »

Ravenpig wrote:
The Boss wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:While I agree with the general sentiment that Jones shouldn't be this close to winning, who gives a shit. It's a fucking online poll for a mediocre magazine. Some of you make it seem as if its some atrocity.
Insignificant polls and surveys like this go a long way in exposing just how mindless some people are.
Oh please. You wouldn't be saying that if you agreed with the result. Get over yourself.
http://loudwire.com/adam-jones-vs-dimeb ... nal-round/

What are you talking about? Dimebag is winning.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

So you're cool with Jones in the final then?
Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Ravenpig wrote:So you're cool with Jones in the final then?
What are you talking about? I voted objectively, and my choice is winning. As of the time of the above link, anyhow.

I maintain that Jones got this far because of mindless fanboys. I was under the impression that we were all in agreement on that one.
dickleiper
of Arimathea

Post by dickleiper »

The Boss wrote:So, you've been voting for Jones this whole time purely because he's in your favourite band? Not because you objectively think he is the best guitarist in the category?

Gotcha. Ignoring dumbass TOOL fanboi: sequence initiated in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .

WE ARE A GO.
well no, just the first round if you really wanna know. As i said, not a fan of Pantera, so this decision was easy for me. but i agree, it would be farsical if he won, and reiterate what i originally said-fucking funny to see Mog completely lose it again if he did.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I still can't believe he beat Hanneman
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

dickleiper wrote: i've been voting quite a bit since he made the final, and a mainly because he is in my favourite band, i'm not even sure he is my favourite guitarist....
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Not Tyson wrote:I still can't believe he beat Hanneman
I still can't believe Jones is considered a "shredder".

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The Boss wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:So you're cool with Jones in the final then?
What are you talking about? I voted objectively, and my choice is winning. As of the time of the above link, anyhow.

I maintain that Jones got this far because of mindless fanboys. I was under the impression that we were all in agreement on that one.
Going in circles here. Your last sentence is what I was originally talking about.

And the person I'm most surprised he beat is Slash. That dude's mega famous.
Hey! Denty!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Adam is an infinitely more interesting guitarist, all things considered, than almost anyone on this list.

Carry on.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

Pantera was originally a glam metal band. Much respect for the transition but not really my cup of tea...
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

doors wrote:Pantera was originally a glam metal band. Much respect for the transition but not really my cup of tea...
They were kids, like actual teenagers when they released that shit.

Pantera would still be as big if not bigger than metallica today if Dimebag didn't die

/unabashed fan

I saw them live as well, they were better than tool in a live setting, even with Phil drunk as fuck \m/
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

But lets get to real talk

This about Tool and a delay on the album

To which I say good

I've come to the realisation quite a while ago, what with festivals and touring becoming bands bread and butter in the last decade. So what do bands do? They record albums to tour behind. Now I'm going to mention Clutch, a band I respect and have released some amazing material. But they are the exact band I'm talking about. They have to create something to tour behind. Whereas a band like Tool, a band in the upper echelon of touring acts doesn't and their are few well established bands following in their footsteps, actually right now, none that I can think of that choose to be pedantic in their new releases. Instead they release a new half hearted album after 2 - 3 years after the other to headline festivals and have a major tour, usually after an album not as good as the last.

Being prolific works for bands like The Melvins, they encapsulate the whole throw this sound at the wall and see if it sticks, if not fuck it, we are The Melvins, a band like Tool deserve the patience of it's fan base, they are perfectionists and they have earned our patience, anyone who disagrees with this doesn't understand Tool or what they are trying to achieve with each release and this is coming from someone who felt 10,000 days was a disappointment (which had more to do with the production)

fin
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

A day in the life of tool in Mog's dream scenario

Justin: Hey Adam what do you think about this escalator lift?

dun na na dun dun dun dun na nee nah dun na nee

Adam: Wait that sound kinda redundant let me see if I can improve it

dun dun dun na na dun dun dun dun na nee nah dun dun dun na nee

Adam: Still sounds kinda boring, but who gives a fuck, we're rich and the fans will still buy this shit

Danny: Fuck yeah, I can lay down a track for this in like half an hour

Justin: Fuckin great guys, Adam get the nard on the phone to lay down his hills hoist on the track, I'm off to watch me soccer

Adam: He's blocked my number after my drunk phone call about how my soon to be wife is better than his soon to be ex wife

Danny: Fuck it, I'll get Blair to do it and tell him to not post it on toolband, just like everything else I tell him about the new album

Adam & Justin: Haha
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

My god man, It's like you can see straight into the loft!!!! :shock:

As much as I would love to hear new Tool, I couldn't give a flying fuck that they haven't released new material & can't help but laugh at those who are genuinely bothered by it. Whether it's because of distractions, writers block or just plain not giving a shit, they have worked hard enough to put themselves to be in this position so who the fuck is anyone to question that?

In the spirit of the thread though, fuck them for never playing Eulogy at any of the 10 concerts I've attended!! Selfish cunts!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

joeypants wrote:Adam is an infinitely more interesting guitarist, all things considered, than almost anyone on this list.

Carry on.
Fair enough. Is he a better "shredder" than anyone else on that list? Because that was the point of the poll, unless I'm horribly mistaken.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Well the poll is called "GREATEST METAL GUITARIST". "Greatest" is obviously open to interpretation.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Ah, I see my issue - Jones WON the "shredder" grouping. Dimebag won the "axe-slinger" grouping, and now they're head-to-head to determine, once and for all who- Holy spastic chickens, I just lost a large part of my intelligence simply typing this post.
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

So that means, Jones is considered more of a shredder than Dimebag since he won the shredder group?? Dimebag co-wrote a song called the art of shredding for fucks sake
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Busty McCracken wrote:So that means, Jones is considered more of a shredder than Dimebag since he won the shredder group?? Dimebag co-wrote a song called the art of shredding for fucks sake
I mean, I could go on and on, but I'm pretty sure I've gone overboard as it is.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Not Tyson wrote:A day in the life of tool in Mog's dream scenario

Adam: Still sounds kinda boring, but who gives a fuck, we're rich and the fans will still buy this shit

Justin: Fuckin great guys, Adam get the nard on the phone to lay down his hills hoist on the track, I'm off to watch me soccer

Adam: He's blocked my number after my drunk phone call about how my soon to be wife is better than his soon to be ex wife

Danny: Fuck it, I'll get Blair to do it and tell him to not post it on toolband, just like everything else I tell him about the new album

^ Friends don't let friends drunk post....Crow get your boy in check he is losing it
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

The Boss wrote:
Busty McCracken wrote:So that means, Jones is considered more of a shredder than Dimebag since he won the shredder group?? Dimebag co-wrote a song called the art of shredding for fucks sake
I mean, I could go on and on, but I'm pretty sure I've gone overboard as it is.
Not overboard at all. There is ZERO justification for including Adam Fucking Jones on any "BEST OF" list. Adam is good at what he does in the context of TOOL. He is creative and has a unique tone but technically he is far too weak. If the list was MOST CREATIVE than maybe I could see it, although we all know that title belongs to Robert Fripp.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Mog of the Architect wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:A day in the life of tool in Mog's dream scenario

^ Friends don't let friends drunk post....Crow get your boy in check he is losing it
Nuh uh. He thought I was drunk the whole of last weekend when I was postin'. Turns out I was just fucking stupid.

And the day Tyson loses it fo' shizzle, I'll be the last person to "check" him.

Because it will be HILARIOUS!

EDIT: I did like the additive of "soccer". M' boy got me right here *thumps chest with fist*
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

The Boss wrote: Nuh uh. He thought I was drunk the whole of last weekend when I was postin'. Turns out I was just fucking stupid.

EDIT: I did like the additive of "soccer". M' boy got me right here *thumps chest with fist*
Soccer was a nice touch. Problem is Justin is a Chelsea fan. Fuck Chelsea.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Mog of the Architect wrote:
The Boss wrote: Nuh uh. He thought I was drunk the whole of last weekend when I was postin'. Turns out I was just fucking stupid.

Soccer was a nice touch. Problem is Justin is a Chelsea fan. Fuck Chelsea.
I KNOW. If he didn't kick so much ass, I'd be done with him based on this fact alone.