The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: Ten Years, Shmen Years)

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

If you cut this thing in half you could probably get it published on BuzzFeed.

You'll Never Guess The Ways In Which The Band Tool Is Like The Matrix Trilogy
by _peterpwn
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I'd insert that Billy Madison quote here but there's no way in hell I'd actually read all that.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Yeah, I wouldn't want to have to read an entire Billy Madison quote either.
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I didn't even read all your post.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I disindr rvbr test this pier
Don't mow your lawn
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

The Matrix.

LOL.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

_peterpwn wrote:i loved The Matrix. back then it was everything i could have asked in a movie, and much much more
it felt like it was made for me, i felt special connection etc
then the 2nd 3rd part came, and it sucked

and now, i dont even think about the first Matrix thats the thing, that i dont even care
someone told me, if that was your favourite movie why dont you watch it again?
and the answer is, i just dont want to, because it was a fucking amazing supper, divine is the right word maybe, and the last to bits were so fucking lame, and so fucking irritating, that it crashed the whole supper, and i feel that bitter taste in my mouth
no matrix 1 for me, though probably its my favourite movie together with Pulp Fiction

anyway

someone asked me when the tool album drops, they know im a fan etc, tried to make a conversation about tool
and i was like... i dont know man, i dont care
yeah, but what if it will be awesome?

and you know what? it probably will be awesome

but from 4 people, who didnt take a fucking second from their precious time, a fucking second or a minute, to write an update, or to have any kind of connection with us
i will have the cd in my hands probably, but its like, ok, whatever

i would watch the Matrix 1 now, and be amazed how cool that movie is, but also knowing the whole bullshit thats coming after, and the lameness, the ultimate LAMENESS of the creators of it, makes the first stuff suck big time also

how can it be, seriously, that i didnt even listen to one, one fucking song from tool for like, 1-2 years?

you could say, their songs are timeless

yes but why doesnt work it anymore for me? i still can relate to issues that are in the lyrics, the songs that made me appreciate art more in general and digging deeper and learning instruments myself (schism, grudge, reflection, etc), the songs that had a special connection with me, its just ahh... no thanks

maybe its just the illusion that broke? but what illusion exactly? maybe it seemed for a couple of years, that there is four people in LA, who fed up with the bullshit, the fame, the non-musical solutions, the cheap way of doing things, and they digged deeper, and they digged and digged until they found such a profound common ground (of taste, and knowledge), that it flowered into this unique, smarter-than-you-but-still-want-to-play-to-you-and-with-you for our common joy and revelation kind of thing, wich always had the balls to be honest and the guts to be in your face, but it was also really an almost unbeleivable spiritual rollercoaster with so much coolness, and so so much fun, and really just so much beauty and value in it

and when people on this calibre, on this level, i mean, not just as artists but as humans and on all kinds of levels

the 4 people who brought you Reflection and Triad, instrumental and lyrical moments that reflects almost the farest reachable qualities of human existence

that 4 people is putting out blankets, christmas-i-dont-know-what-the-fuck-is-that things, playing the anthem and be fan of WWE, taking photos with them in the loft, not even a single fucking sentence on the issue of "the ongoing support from the whole tool family and fans", maybe a thank you, or maybe, or maybe how about a fucking silence, but real silence?
no news about the baked potato, please, no more news about aloke dutte and the fuck knows what other bullshit

silence for the love of the fucking christ, "write to the wall that we are in the studio, working, dont know how long, until then, we wont do anything, silence, maybe blair will post something, but WE, as a band, we are on a retreat, a creative retreat, or a resting retreat" or whatever, who cares? but you told us that you will be out of the system, from the circulation, and that you have other stuff that you have to do.

why in the name of the fucking god are you, the artist from tool, anyone of the 4 members, try to sell me a lighter, seriously a lighter ! with the tool logo on it !
you, who worked hard, and still working hard to literally break through the boundaries between men and god, the frontiers of guitar playing, the drummer that i beleive is going through a fucking cymbal one million times before he feels its alright, a bass player who makes bass playing so divine in every track he makes that it fucks my brain twice

you got these people, and than you got their moves

and then the moves they did back then, those moves are suddenly just doesnt give you anything

even if that is art (i mean lateralus album especially), even if that is art that is created in an extremely ignited, and creatively much richer atmosphere and at a much younger age, and now probably you are not on that level now, even then you cant do such things as they did in the last couple of years

its not about the new album anymore

it will be done, and it will be something from aenima, lateralus, and 10kdays, it will reflect some of our times, some of maynards spiritual rides etc, it will be a tool album, nothing less nothing more

and that nothing less nothing more part is what breaks my heart, i dont care about the too long dont read size of this comment and the fact that it may sound sentimental, but it really breaks my heart
and that heartbreak is not even a sudden, painful one, but a slow realization that i just dont feel like put on a tool song or album on

from the band that was my favourite band of all time, and whose albums were always giving me something new and refreshing

even one, or two years ago Lateralus still seemed fresh to me, i put it on in my living room and i just feel that day when i first heard it in 2002, and just ten seconds passing on The Grudge and i literally dont think about anything about anymore, just let that guitar and bass and drum and vocals have their way with me, and it worked, and it worked and it worked

and i reached a point when seriously an album as good as Lateralus would not give me goosebumps or anything

it would be a cool prog-metal album from an LA band in 2016, and thats the part that fucks my heart, and thats the part that can be not repaired

not even with cool interviews, new movies, new directions....

fuck you and your stuff, i would never give my name to any of that shit (and the list is long) that happened with the webpage, the merch stuff (holy shit, every single fucking person who buys t-shirts or stickers, and shit, at that cheap quality, should be really just think about themselves)

i'm not an artist, i dont sell my art for money, but even if i did, i would never, ever, buy those horrible, cheap plastic-cotton t-shirts, and put my name on it, and sell it for money

seriously, these things matter

the way you are selling your art, and the way you ask for my money, is really fucking important

can you imagine david bowie, taking up a lighter, a cheap, plastic, grey lighter, can you imagine him saying between writing two songs and making sculpture and thatrical design, sitting there and thinking, i will put my name on this lighter, maybe my logo, and sell it

he would have felt so bad, and so humiliated, and it is, IT IS REALLY FUCKING EMBERESSING

tours that contains the same tracks for 10 years? seriously what the fuck? are those songs that good, they dont get old? is that white dress, and laser (laser, i mean laser on a tool show, you know, darker cinematic-theatrical-minimal design with music and atmosphere to look into yourself or just into the music without the spookyness), so is that design so good, that for ten years it can represent the message of TOOL?
i mean, swamp song is something that will be awesome in 30 years from now, but Jambi? with that cheesy guitar thing at the end? come on, just come.on.

seriously, i would just sit down with them, show them a video from the lateralus tour, or the aenima tour, and ask them, how in the fuck can you say that what you have now is an improvement? an evolution?
just seriously, not even as a fan, but as a member of tool, what would you enjoy more, an aenima, a lateralus, an undertow, or a 10kdays tour?
and if the answer is what i think it is, then why in the fucking name of mary are you doing it? and forcing it?
you want cash? okay, god damn it, but can you, could you, just please, put some fucking value in it?
i mean even a fan with no talent in stage design, could make something amazing if he would have TEN YEARS to do so.
TEN YEARS. Two different albums and two different stage concept should have done in that time frame. Is it much? No. For a band that cares, and works, its not much. Its work and its fun.

The Rolling Stones are always playing one new song, than 100 old songs, but for fucks sake, those are really mostly afro-american folk music and awesome party music wich is originated in 1910 and still not getting old, and by the way, they spice up everything, and they are playing with the songs and they are playing with each other and they are playing with us

they have old material, but i heard them twice live, and Jumpin Jack Flash just blows your brain to the fucking sky and you jump and dance like a ten year old girl, because its that fucking good, and its that fucking relevant, AND THE MEMBERS ARE THAT INTO IT

i always smile when people write, wow, mini tours now! near my city!
for fuck sake, a musical band is something thats living in the moment, with you, and a musical band is something that takes the times that we live, to an unmeasurable intensity, and help us to reconnect with ourselves and with our community, IN THE PRESENT TIME

when the Stones are singing you cant always get what you want, i sing with them, even if they are 70, because they mean it

they, mean, it

every single fucking song i heard them playing live, was a statement about life that they have experienced many times, and they have the authority to sing about those stuff
not authority, maybe authenticity

they are fucking real

but watching these stage designs with tool, ah.... with vicarious, and stuff like that

seriously come on

anyone who have experienced that deep and moving, many times catharctic momentum of Aenima and Lateralus, and Undertow
anyone who really went down with that ride, can not seriously say that vicerious or anything from that album is on the same level, the same ground

just lets say it out loudly, that the emperor is naked

yes, they made an album where the singer publicly regrets his lyrics (in interviews), telling that it was a mistake, and yes you made an album, that is not finished, and that is not working that much
its not perfect, 10kdays could have had, and should have had two more years to work on, at least

it was not the best album that TOOL was capable of doing in 2016, it was not their final fruit and i think they really hurt by it, and they dont like those songs

and that white design, with the lasers, and the same, same music, how can they not feel ashamed, when almost i feel emberessed for them, jesus.

ah i just thought about jambi and vicarious and instantly feel tired and burnt out

sorry for long post dont know if anyone reads it basically it just felt good to let it out

fuck you tool, at least you should have kept your legacy pure for us

cheers
post of the week
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

How dare you disparage "Jambi"!

So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
_peterpwn
Has been

Post by _peterpwn »

i was coming off a coke-frenzy
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

I just wanted to vent about no news about the new album. This is ridiculous!! I haven't been bitching about it very much but the frustration just hit me today. I got my tickets to the Salt Lake City show and very excited to see them live again but I would love some new tunes for fucks sake.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ The Chill. My advice to you: Chill.
Ki77aan :twisted:
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

"Calmer than you are"

ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Salvador Dali is right
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Thanks John.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

the chill wrote:I just wanted to vent about no news about the new album. This is ridiculous!! I haven't been bitching about it very much but the frustration just hit me today. I got my tickets to the Salt Lake City show and very excited to see them live again but I would love some new tunes for fucks sake.
Fucking oath I wish these motherfuckers would just give us something.....
Kittaan wrote:@ The Chill. My advice to you: Chill.
I know this is tongue in cheek, but it is in the grudge to let off steam...
Be good to each other.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Hey now! It was merely a jest. Bash away motherfockers. For all the good it will do....
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Boy, 11 years sure is a long time in retrospect.
also, Avatar!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

no
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

a billion years is a long time in retrospect
Don't mow your lawn
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Surely there is a middle ground.

20 years? After 20 years can we declare it legally dead?
also, Avatar!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

No, 1,000,000,000 years. Image
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:a billion years is a long time in retrospect
Even to Mother Earth!
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

If you think 10 years is a long time you should have to endure the period from the dawn of existence to the birth of pugs otherwise known as the dark ages. That is a real long time.
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Conversing with you on this forum feels like a long time.
Hey! Denty!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

You're both 110% right. Time measured on a scale of human life is so last year.
also, Avatar!