The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: Ten Years, Shmen Years)

Post by Busty McCracken »

Wait wait...this isn't a white power mans forum?? All these years posting and I had no idea.
Listen to All Them Witches
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Busty McCracken wrote:Wait wait...this isn't a white power mans forum?? All these years posting and I had no idea.
I know, right???

It's super confusing.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

It's more of a white mans power forum
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

So if this isn't a white power forum how come i had to answer whether I was jewish when I signed up?

Seriously i thought this was a place white supremacists could gather together in unity and discuss power tools?
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

@NXRM - So Danny told you they were planning on recording in the fall? Danny is getting old maybe Alheizmers is setting in? :roll:

That interview with Adam makes it pretty clear. Still not close to done. Adam is a control freak nut job delusional fuck. Those Tool fellas are sitting on two albums worth of material and still touring their greatest hits and you chumps keep getting milked.

Maybe Blair will guilt you all again with another call for positivity while you wait for an album that will never see the light of day.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:@NXRM - So Danny told you they were planning on recording in the fall? Danny is getting old maybe Alheizmers is setting in? :roll:
Yeah, I'm not actually counting on them recording this fall. I'm hoping they do, but I believe we can all easily find comments from Danny over the past few years indicating they'd be recording or releasing soon. A genuinely nice and down to earth guy, with pure enthusiasm for making/playing music, but he's not the most reliable source of information. I just shared with HB what he told me during our brief conversation that night. Again, the only reason I went down there was to try and dispel the rampant speculation that this upcoming tour was part of a surprise album release. Everything else was just gravy.

Funny you mention his age though. That night at the Baked Potato I noticed he had a Disabled Parking Placard hanging from the rear view mirror in his truck, and overheard him talking to JZ about it. Apparently it was a recent acquisition, which sounded like it had to do with a recent injury or surgery.The dudes are definitely getting old.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Yep, they are my age. A wonder they are still walking!

Moggie, you back on a downswing in life or just taking the piss in the Grudge thread? Think of your health, it's not worth obsessing over a band.
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Tool can "milk" me for as many live shows as they want. That they're playing new material or not has no relevance on whether I'd attend a live show.

It's been noted many, many times over the last 10 years - Danny is a terrible judge of when an album is going to be done/recorded. Like some Tool fans, he's the eternal optimist. I don't believe he is deliberately misleading us though, for the sake of "milking" ticket sales. That's quite a stretch from a logical perspective.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Kittaan wrote:Yep, they are my age. A wonder they are still walking!

Moggie, you back on a downswing in life or just taking the piss in the Grudge thread? Think of your health, it's not worth obsessing over a band.
Combination of taking the piss and genuine disgust. It's fun stirring the pot a bit when things get stale. That said I also made a huge mistake by allowing myself to become interested again in Tool's music. If you recall I was away from Fourtheye for a significant period of time.

During that sabbatical at some point I started listening to Tool's music again. I figured I would give the band another shot. One last chance to see if they could finally get their shit together. So I came back to Fourtheye with a positive mindset.

And the months went by and it became obvious that nothing had changed. That they were no closer to a new album and still conducting themselves in the same unprofessional manner. Still lying to their fanbase to milk them for their retirement fund and generally treating their fans like shit.

So at that point I realized it was a mistake even giving them a chance. I should have known better. So now I am back to calling them out on their bullshit. Obviously it will change nothing. Tool is gonna do what they do and their fan base will defend them to the end.

Now you don't see me putting people on blast or spamming threads nonstop. I am fairly chill about everything. Much more mellow than the old days.

If it makes you feel any better Tool isn't even number one of my musical shit list at the moment. That spot goes to Meshuggah. See I am not a fanboy. When a band I like massively fucks up I am not gonna support their behavior. I will never be an apologist for anyone or anything.

At the end of the day I love Fourtheye. I respect Hellboy and admire his dedication to this site/forum over all these years. This has been an incredible place to find new music and to share music finds with others. It is full of interesting people with diverse musical tastes. But when it comes to Tool I think many of you still have rose colored glasses on.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

I don't follow them too closely- What's the deal with Meshuggah?...
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Mog,

Most of us in here don't give a fuck. Who exactly is it that is still delusional about Tool's progress with the album? Some might be a little too hopeful at times, but I think most of us in here have a decent grasp on the situation. I just don't understand the logic in your posts directed at some of the members on this site. Not to mention your posts are pretty fucking stale.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Bill Hilly wrote: Most of us in here don't give a fuck. Who exactly is it that is still delusional about Tool's progress with the album?
This is what bothers me - what it's M0g audience? Most here are under no illusions as to where Tool are at, or what they are doing. Mog's rants mostly come off as:

fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

“Our band has always taken the route of what would we want if we went to a show and what I would want if I bought a ticket, a T-shirt or a record, is to get my money’s worth."
Wake up Adam, it's 2017 and nobody wants to hear Schism or Vicarious anymore. MJK picks the setlist but he's gotta have some kind of input or veto power. It is his band afterall. I wonder if they ever get into arguments over the setlist.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

fortysixand2 wrote:
“Our band has always taken the route of what would we want if we went to a show and what I would want if I bought a ticket, a T-shirt or a record, is to get my money’s worth."
Wake up Adam, it's 2017 and nobody wants to hear Schism or Vicarious anymore. MJK picks the setlist but he's gotta have some kind of input or veto power. It is his band afterall. I wonder if they ever get into arguments over the setlist.
I really don't think that statement is true - I'd expect well over 50% of fans at a Tool show are more "casual" in nature and have no problems with those "singles" being played.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I'd argue that you'd easily find more than 50% in any given audience that would walkaway downright disappointed if they were at a show and didn't hear those songs. Unfortunate fact of life as a long term fan with multiple gigs under your belt is you are going to get repeat songs.
most bands are generally going to cater to both sides of the fence and be considerate of first timers.

Not only that i imagine some songs fit comfortably into a set from an aging band member perspective. Eg schism vicarious would likely be a nice easy rest song for the band after playing a grudge / parabola type tune.

As to Mog it is your own insecurities and down right fan boyism that you rally against that leads you to get so upset. The fact you take such offence to messugah or Tool is a projection of how you are in fact one of those fan boys you ridicule so much. How else do you explain your own personal hurt?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Busty McCracken wrote:As to Mog it is your own insecurities and down right fan boyism that you rally against that leads you to get so upset. The fact you take such offence to messugah or Tool is a projection of how you are in fact one of those fan boys you ridicule so much. How else do you explain your own personal hurt?
Ouch.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/opini ... ml?mcubz=1
Ki77aan :twisted:
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

@Bill :roll:

@Busty - Flawed Logic. I am not personally hurt by anything. I see bullshit, I call bullshit. You are just another delusional Toolio who feels compelled to defend his heroes. Sad shit. There will never be a new Tool album and your favorite band is a pathetic shell of what it once was. Don't play psychologist you're simply not sharp enough to pull it off.

@Kitaan - Hammer Nail Cute...but a link to an article regarding sexual preference? Have you become a gun bearing republicunt in your old age?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Just remember I will always love you,
As I claw your fucking throat away.
It will end no other way.
It will end no other way.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:@Bill :roll:

@Busty - Flawed Logic. I am not personally hurt by anything. I see bullshit, I call bullshit. You are just another delusional Toolio who feels compelled to defend his heroes. Sad shit. There will never be a new Tool album and your favorite band is a pathetic shell of what it once was. Don't play psychologist you're simply not sharp enough to pull it off.

@Kitaan - Hammer Nail Cute...but a link to an article regarding sexual preference? Have you become a gun bearing republicunt in your old age?
Delusional? Mate i have said to my friends for over 5 years I'll be surprised if a new album ever even sees the light of day. I hope it does but if it doesn't, yeh it will suck but life goes on.. hell, I will still pay my hard earned to fly down and see their greatest hits show with absolute enthusiasm, without hesitation and I am fine with that.

You on the other hand have pissed and moaned, carried on like a phsycopathic scorned lover raging with mixed emotions that has no idea how to conrol them... " I love tool, i hate tool, i love tool & then let them back into my life and now i hate myself for allowing them to do that to me. oh and dont get me started on messugah, i hate them now too even though I've argued for them in the past as a band that actually does care about their fans, but now theyre cunts too coz I'm a realist who calls bullshit when i see it"

You hide behind your unstable emotions as "piss taking" all the while being EXACTLY the type of tool fan the band hates that you yourself claim to despise and then have the audacity to call me delusional?? Fuck me mate you are all over the shop and for all you know i am a psychologist??
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Busty McCracken wrote:hell, I will still pay my hard earned to fly down and see their greatest hits show with absolute enthusiasm, without hesitation and I am fine with that.
^ And that folks is exactly the problem. Enabler apologist bullshit.

See you missed the boat entirely on this one. I have never said, not once, that Tool have done anything to me. I have been consistent in my distaste for Tool for a very long time. About six months back I decided I would give these unprofessional fucks one more chance to redeem themselves and they haven't. Same bullshit. So fuck em.

And as for Meshuggah, since I am not an apologist fanboy like 99% of you Tool fans are, I quickly called them out for an obvious unprofessional move.

You fanboys make apologies and defend your heroes. I tell it like it is. I was right about Tool when I called all this shit out 5-6 years ago on this forum. I am right about Tool now.

If you don't like it I don't give a fuck. You and your cohorts represent everything I think is wrong with most music fans. Nothing but apologist hero worship drivel.

So yeah MATE, have fun lining their pockets while they do nothing. Easiest retirement fund I have ever seen.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Do you realize that you sound like a little bitch? Honestly, you seem to need to get over yourself more than your unhealthy infatuation and expectations for a band that you don't even personally know. The "I told you so" schtick is pretty lame. Get a grip, man.
munchieswolf
Bronco's Fan

Post by munchieswolf »

hellboy wrote:
fortysixand2 wrote:
I really don't think that statement is true - I'd expect well over 50% of fans at a Tool show are more "casual" in nature and have no problems with those "singles" being played.
I'm so tired of this argument. The audience for every band is smarter and less "casual" than anyone gives them credit for being. And if they're not, the band should be. The defense keeps shifting back and forth from, "The band doesn't owe you anything," to "They're in a different head space now," to "They can't change lighting and visuals on the fly," to "Maynard can't sing some of the songs," to "Casual fans want to hear the hits," and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting, and every single one of them has been proven to be bullshit.

And this doesn't just apply to TOOL. People need to stop giving complacent, wealthy artists who are clearly resting on their laurels the benefit of the doubt. Playing virtually the same setlist night after night is inexcusable.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Nice editing job.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Bill Hilly wrote:

Nice editing job.
Yeah just don't give enough fucks to keep debating it. We all know where we all stand on everything after all these years.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

You do realize that most of my posts come from the Grudge, after all these years? Don't act like we are on opposite sides of the debate. I've had my share of Tool jabs over the years. My issue is your constant rehashing of how much smarter you are than everyone else. You weren't debating anything in that post you removed. You were defending your ego, and you probably realized that you sounded like an ass.