The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
Shed523
Geacon

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: It Hapenned!!)

Post by Shed523 »

M0G wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:18 pm
Boldizar wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:12 am
Takeo wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:07 pm Maybe not for fans who continue to manufacture ways to convince themselves they like it more than they actually do.
DAMN! He saw right through me! Takeo knows best.
It means I think the fucking album is on par with (or very very close to) Lateralus and Aenima and better than 10,000 Days, Undertow, and Opiate.

Agreed

P.S. Its funny watching the Grudge thread eat itself, No Grudge left to give!
All well Whatever, Nevermind
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

Shed523 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:21 am
M0G wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:18 pm
Boldizar wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:12 am

DAMN! He saw right through me! Takeo knows best.
It means I think the fucking album is on par with (or very very close to) Lateralus and Aenima and better than 10,000 Days, Undertow, and Opiate.

Agreed

P.S. Its funny watching the Grudge thread eat itself, No Grudge left to give!
We are Tool fans here, so we will always have some grudge!
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

bob wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:05 pm
The entire new Tool album is basically Lateralus part II without as many words but the same meaning and it sounds like the patient a little bit in some parts.

fixed.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

Is there an interwebs pic of mog floating around? I’d love to see this douche.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Takeo wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:46 pm Is there an interwebs pic of mog floating around? I’d love to see this douche.
If he were the most handsome man you'd ever seen how would that work for you?
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

That's how I've pictured him for years, a mix of Jared Leto and Christian Bale, boyish yet roguish. I mean you don't go through life as an ugly fuck with a personality like his, would never happen.
Canned audience laughter
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Takeo wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:46 pm I’d love to see this douche.
Is that your opinion or did you manufacture that sentiment to pretend you dislike him more than you actually do?
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

I think he fancies M0G. “Love” and “douche” usually are only used in the same sentence by woman or stay at home dads who put together model airplanes in their cramped/damped basement.
SteveBobSteve
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Appropriate songfor Mog in this thread

Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY TOOL PINBALL MACHINE 46 & 2 MILLION POINTS AHEAD OF ME
Canned audience laughter
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

I've never been too much of a negative nancy and typically don't post in this thread, only time I think was to do with recent presale bs.

But seriously Tool, why no FLAC love for those who bought the album first time? It ain't fair that those who bought it off your website get it exclusively and us who painstakingly went the extra mile the first time around to lose out on a high quality download. Maybe find a way for people to use their original download codes to get the FLACs? You know Trent Reznor would applaud that, it's just the right thing to do. End Rant.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

limeygringo wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:56 am I've never been too much of a negative nancy and typically don't post in this thread, only time I think was to do with recent presale bs.

But seriously Tool, why no FLAC love for those who bought the album first time? It ain't fair that those who bought it off your website get it exclusively and us who painstakingly went the extra mile the first time around to lose out on a high quality download. Maybe find a way for people to use their original download codes to get the FLACs? You know Trent Reznor would applaud that, it's just the right thing to do. End Rant.
Yea, it is a mess. It is pretty clear even the 8-30 date was rushed. I am convinced there are only two real variations and the others are test/defect runs they ended up changing but kept for stock.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Not releasing lossless with album purchase on the first round was a dumb mistake.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

hellboy wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:28 pm Not releasing lossless with album purchase on the first round was a dumb mistake.
It ain't too late to fix it! Just let everyone reuse their original code and download it one more time.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
7oolband
My pain is just an excuse

Post by 7oolband »

I had a great day no thanks to TOOL. The worst part was when I went to the thrift store after work. I usually go for the used bra section, but this trip was to find maynard's sober reading festival onsie. Despite experiencing a tasteful array of boob tubes, my search for 7ooL memorabilia was all for naught, and for the fourth time this month. Fuck! (here we go again...)
:?: i was right, this changes everything|devil&his had me down|this tedious path i've chosen here|what's coming through is alive|slipping back into the gap again|rRrreal fuckin high on drugs|spark becomes a flame|mention anything to me :!:
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

You sniff used bras, or live out Aenima-Maynard fetishes? I’m confuzzled. Also, fuck tool for not giving any update on their Australia tour. Some of us have to plan trips months in advanced, Tool!

Dicks.
SteveBobSteve
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

snazzlefrass wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:21 am You sniff used bras, or live out Aenima-Maynard fetishes? I’m confuzzled. Also, fuck tool for not giving any update on their Australia tour. Some of us have to plan trips months in advanced, Tool!

Dicks.
Yeah cunts! If they do appear on download festival (if that even goes ahead) you'd have to assume a line up drop would be fairly imminent.
Alittlevil
Has been

Post by Alittlevil »

limeygringo wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:55 pm
hellboy wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:28 pm Not releasing lossless with album purchase on the first round was a dumb mistake.
It ain't too late to fix it! Just let everyone reuse their original code and download it one more time.
I bought the original album but have not yet used my download code. I wonder if I use it now since waiting if it would be different or the same as day 1?
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Alittlevil wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:28 pm
limeygringo wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:55 pm
I bought the original album but have not yet used my download code. I wonder if I use it now since waiting if it would be different or the same as day 1?
same.. i imagine it is jsut standard mp3 though. Until the link expires
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

With the Aussie $ in the toilet Tool tickets are going to expensive, like $200 GA expensive :(
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Damn!! Didn't think of that. Wonder if that would then make VIP more expensive
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I haven't been keeping notes, but is the AUD that much worse than when it was back in 2014?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Hovered around 0.90 for most of the year in 204, now it's down to 0.65.
Canned audience laughter
7oolband
My pain is just an excuse

Post by 7oolband »

snazzlefrass wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:21 am You sniff used bras, or live out Aenima-Maynard fetishes? I’m confuzzled. Also, fuck tool for not giving any update on their Australia tour. Some of us have to plan trips months in advanced, Tool!

Dicks.
i wear them on top of my head like maynard did in that one adam sandler movie. i get in the mood by jamming to CCT in the dressing rooms as my pre game warm up ritual. now u know my business, thanks a lot. oh and thanks tool, ya jerk offs!

edit: for the swines:

:?: i was right, this changes everything|devil&his had me down|this tedious path i've chosen here|what's coming through is alive|slipping back into the gap again|rRrreal fuckin high on drugs|spark becomes a flame|mention anything to me :!:
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I keep waking up with the same song stuck in my head
also, Avatar!