The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
M0G
Lungsmen

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: It's HAPPENNING!!!)

Post by M0G »

thekillingjoke wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:14 am Thank you. I'll withhold the rest for my upcoming Netflix special.
Well done you made me proud
The most intelligent person on this forum
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

I missed the George RR Martin content though. As a side effect: all this tool hype l build up last month has made me forget about George.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

Chewie, your guitar work on FI is subpar. That is fucking all.
SteveBobSteve
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

'My allegorical elegy'

Canned audience laughter
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

I'll admit, that line has yet to grown on me.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

theyre trying to outdo themselves more then thinking about how well a song flows if you ask me. thats how i kinda take FI. some parts are awesome but some throw the song off. i still like it but its not the same feel as when pushit slows down or third eye, etc etc. ya i know, its not going to be or suppose to be but still. when i picture hearing this live it feels better. so theres def that!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

That's your first mistake there ma man. Don't compare these new songs to pushit , 3rd eye and you'll enjoy them more. I know I've changed a hell of lot since 1996.

Oh and fuck those guys and all that
Listen to All Them Witches
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

"Allegorical allergy" works for me I've decided.

Hey Bob, go with the flow. When the current changes submit. You are not the cruise director.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:42 am That's your first mistake there ma man. Don't compare these new songs to pushit , 3rd eye and you'll enjoy them more. I know I've changed a hell of lot since 1996.

Oh and fuck those guys and all that
naah, its not that im comparing them when im listening going wha wha..its just not as good imo. somethings a bit off. i listened to it constantly the first day. i dont know how many times..a lot! so you know. Live i think i'll get into this more. big surprise. its always the way it is.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

liz wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:15 am "Allegorical allergy" works for me I've decided.

Hey Bob, go with the flow. When the current changes submit. You are not the cruise director.
still going on about that ? ive moved on, you should too ;) and your comparing apples and oranges. not very flow like :D
Last edited by bob on Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

By saying it's not as good , you are comparing it though. The musicians that wrote this new album wrote Aenima 26 years earlier. Their inspirations, angsts, motives have changed substantially since then so no point trying to hold up their art against that period of their lives

And yes... these songs live will be absolute tits
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:34 am By saying it's not as good , you are comparing it though. The musicians that wrote this new album wrote Aenima 26 years earlier. Their inspirations, angsts, motives have changed substantially since then so no point trying to hold up their art against that period of their lives

And yes... these songs live will be absolute tits
thats stupid! lol. its just not as good, simple as that..dare to compare,who cares.. im not trying to say it should be aenima. not at all. everything up to 2001 i thought was amazing. lateralus was amazing from the first time i heard it. thats good stuff!

this is different. im liking the vibe more then i was on 10k but the peak was over after Lateralus. i can accept that but it feels like theres a better song inside FI but they screw around too much and it takes away from it sometimes. its still TOOL and i dig it but id be lying if i said this was really getting me cause its not entirely.

ya, live can change things so im looking forward to that for sure. im still a beileber but thats whats happening in ''bob world'' haha
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Well you have fun grudging it up in Bob world then ma man. I'm gonna go over to the fear inoculum thread and fap over how fucking mint that song is!
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:02 am Well you have fun grudging it up in Bob world then ma man. I'm gonna go over to the fear inoculum thread and fap over how fucking mint that song is!
its just diff and the old stuff has a better feel over all. just how i feel about it. i do like it but something is a miss. anyway. not all of the story belongs here, so.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

bob wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:29 am
liz wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:15 am "Allegorical allergy" works for me I've decided.

still going on about that ? ive moved on, you should too ;) and your comparing apples and oranges. not very flow like :D
This is the grudge. There is no moving on from that. :D

Apples and oranges are both similar sized round fruits.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
myke
Maynard Believer

Post by myke »

Honestly the chorus of FI really throws the whole song off. The guitar part along with the "exhale, expel" vocal delivery just sound super generic & cheesy. Plus there is barely any dynamic change on the instrumental side. Everything else is great
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

myke wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:25 am Honestly the chorus of FI really throws the whole song off. The guitar part along with the "exhale, expel" vocal delivery just sound super generic & cheesy. Plus there is barely any dynamic change on the instrumental side. Everything else is great
I think the chorus would have been stronger if at least part of it stayed in straight 4/4 with the snare on 2 & 4. Instead they they do that weird phrasing and accents in four bars of 4/8.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
myke
Maynard Believer

Post by myke »

I agree, it really throws it off with the sudden change up after building up to that moment for so long
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Maybe something like Parabola where the second time through Danny loses the driving snare for something more broken up. I used to hate that it was different the second time but I really like it now... and now he's started played it straight both times live :P
Raffa D
of Arimathea

Post by Raffa D »

Maybe you should join a band and make your own cd or maybe you should just listen to Nickelback. 😉
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

What’s wrong with Nicklesack?
SteveBobSteve
alteridiom
Bronco's Fan

Post by alteridiom »

It bugs me that the first time around he says "contag-E-on" and the next time he says "contag-un".
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

I’m sure it was intensional
SteveBobSteve
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

ContagEon Blue Apocalypse
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

Alright I need more news. Gratify me immediately thx.