The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I don't understand at all the hate that Tool are getting for trying to make the best album possible. They are Tool for goodness sake, the best band of all time. Remember how long it took for 10,000 days to come out? You know the undisputed greatest album of all time? God that album is like totally a part of me now, it's like in my blood, I can feel it moving inside of me when I'm not even listening to it, amazing and I'm sure you all feel the same So why would you complain about them taking there time to create the next best album our universe has ever seen? Some of you need to see a therapist because your clearly mentally ill. In the mean time Maynard is still releasing music with Puscifer, while not as good as Tool it is still better then 99.999% of music out their, I mean did you hear that cover of bohemien rhapcity? Simply amazing, the best cover song I have ever had the grace to listen to, Maynard's dolcet tones are gifts from the angels (on the side lines, tee hee, guess where that is from ) themsleves. Also have you tasted his wine? My god, while I'm not much of an expert on wine and haven't really tasted it before, Maynard's wine is hands down the best wine I have ever tasted, mmmmm, so good. Did anyone else pick up one of Danny's pillows? Just like Tools music the quality of these pillows are amazing, so so comfy. So in conlusion, you people should take a cold hard look at yoursleves, because any TRUE Tool fan (like me) would wait forever for there music, so stop being such negative doo doo heads and just weight for the new album, you know be patient
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

When did Tool sell posters for $350?  I thought $100 was pretty much the going rate for most shows I read about.

I would dispute the statement that Tool have told us the album is nearly done for the last couple of years. They've expressed desires to get into the studio at certain times that haven't eventuated, and they've talked about having a certain number of songs written, but I don't ever remember them saying they're nearly done.

I think resenting their fans is too strong a statement as well.  There's not a popular band in the world that would take much pleasure in some of their more overly obsessed fans.  In my experience Danny & Justin at least have plenty of time for their fans.  Saying that "Tool hate their fans because they are all assholes" is complete bullshit imo.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

@Toolphish:

So you think they are postponing their new album just to fuck with their gullible fans in order to get more money? That is illogical. If Tool were about the money then they would have released 10 albums by now, along with several live albums and compilations.

Don't you think that if Tool could have released the album earlier they would have. Just because it took 5 years to release their last two albums doesn't mean it will take the same amount of time on this record. They are getting older; it would be in their favor to record the album as soon as possible. There many factors that go into the music making process (especially at the quality level Tool is at). Each record has been more difficult to write than the one before, and this time there are more challenges to overcome than they have ever had to face. They do have lives outside of Tool also, and in order for a meaningful album to be written, those lives have to be lived properly.

...and you're right, Tool does hate their fans because they are assholes. You are the perfect example.
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

Tyson said
Also have you tasted his wine? My god, while I'm not much of an expert on wine and haven't really tasted it before, Maynard's wine is hands down the best wine I have ever tasted, mmmmm, so good.

My favorite part.  Too bad it's wrong to say that's idiotic just because it's an "opinion".
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

phox_ said

Tyson said
Also have you tasted his wine? My god, while I'm not much of an expert on wine and haven't really tasted it before, Maynard's wine is hands down the best wine I have ever tasted, mmmmm, so good.

My favorite part.  Too bad it's wrong to say that's idiotic just because it's an "opinion".

Nothing wrong with saying that at all.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Whats idiotic about it?
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

toolphishdhs said
Hellboy, you have some decent points. i may have exaggerated a bit (except i really think they say they are going into the studio as a way to maintain fan interest while they are busy being lazy), DJA are probably not huge assholes, MJK is though. a doodle at the ATL show was $350. and no a doodle is not different than an autograph. 

children, good god you are hopeless(or maybe rather too hopeful). eventually you will realize. they are on permanent recess. lazy motha fuckassss!!!!!!! 

a doodle is different than an autograph. autographs are far less rare than doodles
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

doodles, tee hee
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

I'm not angry because it's taken them seven years to produce absolutely diddly squat in terms of new music.

Actually..........no, that is the reason I'm mad with them.

That and the fact that Maynard made that silly wine movie.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

toolphishdhs said
a doodle at the ATL show was $350. and no a doodle is not different than an autograph. 

A doodle is different from an autograph.  Perhaps not $200+ different, but value is in the eye of the beholder I suppose.  I wouldn't pay $350 for one that's for sure.

For what it's worth, I don't really have any issue with that kind of profiteering - if people are willing to pay the money then no real harm done.  People work hard to afford luxuries in their lives, be it Tool merchandise or a fine meal - I'm not enough of a communist to begrudge anyone that.

If Tool were to jack up the price of "staple" items such albums or concert tickets above those of their peers, then I'd start getting upset.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Hellboy has lost his fucking mind.  Some of this shit belongs in the Bicker thread.  This is the FUCK TOOL thread.  You positive mother fuckers have the rest of the forum.  GTFO

I wanna give a shout out to snazglerock, mr. phish, professor crow and the kitty that is bad.  Much love.  Bitches.

Fuck Tool.  Fuck Puscifer.  Fuck Volto.  Fuck MT Void.  Fuck APC.

not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

hellboy1975 said

If Tool were to jack up the price of "staple" items such albums or concert tickets above those of their peers, then I'd start getting upset.

$150 is pretty steep though
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Tyson said

hellboy1975 said

^

$150 for a poster, signed or unsigned, is marginally retarded.  

It's Tool man.  Spiral out.  It's not about the money.  Bullshit.  Sell em for 30 bucks and they would still make a killing.  $150 is rape.

Like I said, Tool fans seem to enjoy getting their anus pulverized.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

I was talking ticket prices
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

mogeffingmog said
Hellboy has lost his fucking mind.  Some of this shit belongs in the Bicker thread.  This is the FUCK TOOL thread.  You positive mother fuckers have the rest of the forum.  GTFO

I wanna give a shout out to snazglerock, mr. phish, professor crow and the kitty that is bad.  Much love.  Bitches.

Fuck Tool.  Fuck Puscifer.  Fuck Volto.  Fuck MT Void.  Fuck APC.

how cute... i mean shameful
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Tyson said
I was talking ticket prices

Applies just the same.  I wouldn't pay 150 to see Tool.  Maybe if it was their last fucking show of all time or something to that extent and I was guaranteed that they would play No Quarter and Eulogy.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

children said

I wanna suck Maynard's dick. 

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Tyson said 

It would be steep if they were that price.  I posted this to Reddit a while ago which pretty much debunked the whole "Tool shows are too expensive myth"

hellboy said 
Here's a quick comparison of coming gigs at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre:

Ringo Star: $129 - 189

Cliff Richard: $99 - 139

Neil Young: $105 - 156

Deep Purple + Journey: $99 - 135

Santana: $114 - 159

Robert Plant: $119 - 149

Paul Simon: $99 - 179

Bryan Adams: $97 - 139

Tool: $105 - 134

Pink: $109 - 149

One Direction: $79 - 99

There's no point comparing those prices to US concert tickets - it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise a $135 in the US to too expensive, but thankfully for you yanks they are considerably cheaper than that.

mogeffingmog said
$150 is rape.

I can accept you think it's expensive, and I don't disagree. Comparing it to rape is both immature and incorrect.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

mmm... Maynard's dick... yummy yummy. Thanks for reminding me.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

75% of those acts are for baby boomers, for a band of our generation to charge that much is steep.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy1975 said

mogeffingmog said 
$150 is rape.

I can accept you think it's expensive, and I don't disagree. Comparing it to rape is both immature and incorrect.

Oh fucking come off it.  Figure of speech.  Did you get those tampons I sent you?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Tyson said
75% of those acts are for baby boomers, for a band of our generation to charge that much is steep.

I can go find some examples of other generation X bands if that would make you happy?