The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: Meh... why bother?)

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:Thing is, when they were asked they have every intention of getting it done. That's not lying. Laziness sure, but I'm not sure they acted deliberately to mislead.

I told my wife weeks ago I'd mow the lawn sometime soon. It still hasn't been done. I had every intention on mowing it so it wasn't a lie as such, I was just lazy. The lawn is getting mowed this weekend FYI.
CONFIRMED: Tool album released this weekend
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Uh... I'm pretty sure that's NOT what he's saying there...
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

blacksabbath wrote: I'd say that you lied to your wife. And then you rationalized it into just being lazy.
I disagree. I lie would be if I said "I'm mowing the lawn right now" when in fact I was inside watching the football while drinking beer. It's more of a broken promise.

If I said "I'll see you at the football game next week" and then I died in a car crash on the way there, would that be considered a lie?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

A lie has to be intentionally misleading. If it's the truth in the moment, it's not a lie.
Don't mow your lawn
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Men in speedos lives matter. This might also be a lie.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

UndKeineZwEier wrote: Like if it's consensual in the moment, it's not rape.
Just let it go, UKE. Ravenpig feels bad enough as it is.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Technically, "no" was never said due to the gag in his mouth.
Hey! Denty!
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

hellboy wrote:
blacksabbath wrote: I'd say that you lied to your wife. And then you rationalized it into just being lazy.
I disagree. I lie would be if I said "I'm mowing the lawn right now" when in fact I was inside watching the football while drinking beer. It's more of a broken promise.

If I said "I'll see you at the football game next week" and then I died in a car crash on the way there, would that be considered a lie?
Did you really ever intend on mowing the grass?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Yes, and I contend that Tool had every intention of finishing the album.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

When I mow my lawn there is a chance of getting hit by a golf ball. The closest so far is about 3 feet. The sound when they hit a tree isn't very reassuring either.
go taff!
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Tool has taken so long with this album that most of us have even given up on having a grudge about it in The Grudge. Let's just change this thread title to: Lawn mowing Adventures.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: Lawn Mowers!)

Post by budsyralli »

hey he brought it up.... hahaha
go taff!
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

hellboy wrote:Yes, and I contend that Tool had every intention of finishing the album.
I'm not sure I believe you. Have you mowed it yet? Usually our intention will lead action.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

blacksabbath wrote:
hellboy wrote:Yes, and I contend that Tool had every intention of finishing the album.
I'm not sure I believe you. Have you mowed it yet? Usually our intention will lead action.
You genuinely think Tool were trying to mislead you? To what end? The main problem I have with the whole "tool are liars" stream of thought is that I can't think of a good reason why they would want to lie to us.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Tool have turned into a giant, fat money making (blankets?) karaoke version of themselves - trotting out the same schtick year after year, whoring themselves to the ever diminishing "die hards", constantly "promising", never delivering and making pathetic excuses as to the reason for years of nothingness. Even Metallica tried to up the ante a bit, mix things around and gave the fans something new. Granted some of those things backfired but AT LEAST they were putting themselves OUT THERE. And yet people giggle at the mere mention of their name. I think they're "giggling" at the wrong band.

All we've had for the past 4 or 5 years are silly newsletters promising "big things to come" - things which never see the light of day. EVER!! What were they doing in the studio back in February?? SEVEN months ago?!?!?! Any chance we'll be seeing the fruits of those labours in, oh I dunno, the next two years? If ever?? What about that audio that Adam was tinkering with at home with King Buzzo, nearly two years ago?!?! What about the little Sober figurine that came from the 3D printer that was held up as some sort of cryptic clue? Or the "light at the end of the tunnel" pics that Adam kept dropping, only to have them drop right off...

I could go on, but I'm hungry.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

hellboy wrote:
blacksabbath wrote:
You genuinely think Tool were trying to mislead you? To what end? The main problem I have with the whole "tool are liars" stream of thought is that I can't think of a good reason why they would want to lie to us.

OMG. When have they ever done anything other than try to mislead us? But I'm ok with it. I still like them and it keeps me on the edge of my seat. What about when lateralus "leaked" with all those fake titles? But this isn't about Tool. It's about you getting out there and mowing the damn lawn.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

New grudge. I'm living in a van for the next couple weeks and spilt juice from some packaged salmon. Now the whole thing stinks like fish.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Any 4thEyers, other than me, mow the lawn today?...
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

blacksabbath wrote: OMG. When have they ever done anything other than try to mislead us? But I'm ok with it. I still like them and it keeps me on the edge of my seat. What about when lateralus "leaked" with all those fake titles? But this isn't about Tool. It's about you getting out there and mowing the damn lawn.
I'm talking specifically about the new album. Sure, Tool have a history of misleading (though to be fair they're mostly just taking the piss), but I'm not so convinced they aimed to mislead when they talked about hoping to have the album done at a certain time.

And yes, the lawn has been mowed, at least half of it anyway. Ran out of room for lawn clippings, so part 2 will be in a couple of weeks time (weather permitting).
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

What's the goal though?
Don't mow your lawn
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

I still believe Tool will have a new album out in 2016. If Tool doesn't have a new album out next year, I will mow every 4th eyer's lawn.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

hellboy wrote:
blacksabbath wrote: OMG. When have they ever done anything other than try to mislead us? But I'm ok with it. I still like them and it keeps me on the edge of my seat. What about when lateralus "leaked" with all those fake titles? But this isn't about Tool. It's about you getting out there and mowing the damn lawn.
I'm talking specifically about the new album. Sure, Tool have a history of misleading (though to be fair they're mostly just taking the piss), but I'm not so convinced they aimed to mislead when they talked about hoping to have the album done at a certain time.

And yes, the lawn has been mowed, at least half of it anyway. Ran out of room for lawn clippings, so part 2 will be in a couple of weeks time (weather permitting).
I'm pretty sure they have been stringing us along with this album release. But if you feel differently that's fine. Glad to know you mowed some of your lawn.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Bill Hilly wrote:I still believe Tool will have a new album out in 2016. If Tool doesn't have a new album out next year, I will mow every 4th eyer's lawn.
Joke's on you I don't have a lawn.
Hey! Denty!
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

I will lay sod for you if Tool doesn't have an album out before Trump is elected.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

blacksabbath wrote: I'm pretty sure they have been stringing us along with this album release. But if you feel differently that's fine. Glad to know you mowed some of your lawn.
I don't disagree that they've been stringing us along. Calling them liars is a strong term though. I just don't agree when people consider Danny saying something like "we plan to be in the studio by the end of the year" deliberately deceptive.

There's a whole bunch of things that don't seem right in regards to this latest album. Something is or has been wrong within the band, either it's extreme laziness, some kind personal problems, writers block or all of the above.