The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
liz
Lunchinator

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: It Hapenned!!)

Post by liz »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:42 pm Damn, it is nice to see the grudge continue. And to think I thought it would be all roses and candy in here after the new album came out.
It's the nature of a grudge. They are hard to let go of. And lets face it Tool aren't really behaving like a band with a brand new album on this tour. You could argue that they are actively courting fan dissatisfaction. Although why they would do that is anyone's guess.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Specter wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:16 pm
Boldizar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:31 pm Dick move to release something like Tempest and not perform it. Probably the stupidest thing this band has ever done. I'd rather see a shorter show of just new songs.
Go to that band’s show.

They’ll play Tempest soon.
Don’t wad your panties up yet.
Oh it's way too late for that hey
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

We won't see 7empest live in 2019 imo
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeh I think we've reached a point where it's downright unexpected
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

whats unexpected is tool not properly supporting a new album release, a release that could be the most widely anticipated/long awaited, behind chinese democracy, in the music industry
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Possible reasons they aren't playing 7empest:

-could simply not be ready
-could be waiting for the DC show to make a political statement (highly unlikely imo but who knows, it would be subtle enough)
-could be waiting for last show to get people to come back next tour (highly probable)
-after dropping onto streaming, they want to cater to new fans along with old fans and better balance the set
-Maynard's not happy about the length of time he's not present and is holding it hostage (seems waayy too childish and unlikely to me)
-they just like to see us beg
Ahhh, Infotainment!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

limeygringo wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:59 am Possible reasons they aren't playing 7empest:

-could simply not be ready
-could be waiting for the DC show to make a political statement (highly unlikely imo but who knows, it would be subtle enough)
-could be waiting for last show to get people to come back next tour (highly probable)
-after dropping onto streaming, they want to cater to new fans along with old fans and better balance the set
-Maynard's not happy about the length of time he's not present and is holding it hostage (seems waayy too childish and unlikely to me)
-they just like to see us beg
I think the most likely reason is it is a highly intricate song musically which would lead to difficulties nailing it perfectly night in and night out; also due to the length of 16 minutes, it is very demanding stamina wise
GabesCaves
My pain is just an excuse

Post by GabesCaves »

liz wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:54 pm
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:42 pm Damn, it is nice to see the grudge continue. And to think I thought it would be all roses and candy in here after the new album came out.
It's the nature of a grudge. They are hard to let go of. And lets face it Tool aren't really behaving like a band with a brand new album on this tour. You could argue that they are actively courting fan dissatisfaction. Although why they would do that is anyone's guess.

They are playing 3 songs at or over 10 minutes apiece and 1 shorter one. That's equivalent to 7 songs if compared to a band that has a more standardized song length . That seems very fair to the new album
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:25 am I think the most likely reason is it is a highly intricate song musically which would lead to difficulties nailing it perfectly night in and night out; also due to the length of 16 minutes, it is very demanding stamina wise
Agreed. They're perfectionists, and they're letting it bake a little while longer. They've definitely got me coming back if they play it. San Antonio was probably the best performance I've seen out of 12 shows since 2001. It was so damn good it didn't really matter what they played, and the new stuff kills live.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

They want to give you a reason to come back next tour.
Canned audience laughter
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Send more money
Bring more money
Buy more tickets
Fuck you, buddy
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

is 7empest even all that political? The current climate make it pretty easy to say "it's about Trump" but my interpretation is much more broad than that.

I doubt Tool are likely to use the song as some form of political statement
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

tys0n wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:43 pm They want to give you a reason to come back next tour.
Agreed. :D
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It's kind of a redundant point though - what band doesn't want you to come back next tour?
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

GabesCaves wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:34 am
liz wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:54 pm

They are playing 3 songs at or over 10 minutes apiece and 1 shorter one. That's equivalent to 7 songs if compared to a band that has a more standardized song length . That seems very fair to the new album
Its only 3 new TooL songs and a bit of Danny fun, less than half the album. For the last 13 years they have played their older material and we've played it at home. I mean, I like their old stuff and all but this is what we waited for, played and replayed, and then got excited to see live.

You can excuse them if you want and feel you are getting what's "fair", I reserve the right to say fuck you guys! Which I shall immediately take back and apologise for if they lift their game for the Australian Tour.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

And its not like they can come back in 20 years and do an album cover to cover tour like TMOC did for Battlesick this last tour.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

hellboy wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:07 pm is 7empest even all that political? The current climate make it pretty easy to say "it's about Trump" but my interpretation is much more broad than that.

I doubt Tool are likely to use the song as some form of political statement
Obviously it's about the Russian hooker that pissed on Trump

Actually, I agree with you 100%. I only mentioned that in terms of all the realms of possible outcomes of it's debut, and by possible I mean not literally impossible. Tyson's guess is my best guess, they know how to milk it. And after seeing the San Antonio show, where they broke my heart by skipping Part Of Me, I'll tell you it was probably the best Tool show I've ever seen. Every song was executed perfectly, and the new stuff really delivers.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I imagine it's as simple as they couldn't get it nailed live before the tour kicked off.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Adi Granov made an image for Tool to sell on tshirts for this tour called "The Tempest"

Professor of Lesbian Science
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

basejumper wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:48 pm Adi Granov made an image for Tool to sell on tshirts for this tour called "The Tempest"

Hasn'7 even got 7 arms. Grudge suppor7ed!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

For every whining cunt complaining about this tours set list Jesus H Christ, we've gotten the same complaints for 13 years now and now they are finally touring a new album you complain about the new tracks they don't play?

Like I said before the tour, they are going to treat these new songs like pokemon, gotta catch them all. Where is the appreciation you actually get to hear 4 new songs from Tool live instead of the same old complaint you been spweing for years about 'same old rehashed set list'

No matter what they do, even if they offered to fellate you after the show you'd still complain because you're cunts, Tool fans are cunts and y'all are just thirsty for the six inch wrench.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

tys0n wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:19 am For every whining cunt complaining about this tours set list Jesus H Christ, we've gotten the same complaints for 13 years now and now they are finally touring a new album you complain about the new tracks they don't play?

Like I said before the tour, they are going to treat these new songs like pokemon, gotta catch them all. Where is the appreciation you actually get to hear 4 new songs from Tool live instead of the same old complaint you been spweing for years about 'same old rehashed set list'

No matter what they do, even if they offered to fellate you after the show you'd still complain because you're cunts, Tool fans are cunts and y'all are just thirsty for the six inch wrench.
^ this!

The best part is, everyone posting on here that's seeing them is saying they haven't sounded this good since 2001 and they are STILL fucking whinging. Constant over stimulation numbs me and all that
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Well, I could close this thread I guess
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

218 pages of whining, why stop now!
Canned audience laughter
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

To clarify, I ain't complaining. The show was amazing. Sure, I would've traded out a couple tunes here and there, but if the setlist choices ensure great performances, that's what matters at the end of the day.
Ahhh, Infotainment!