Tool - Nothin But Love

The Main Event
Specter
Pencildick

Re: Tool - Nothin But Love

Post by Specter »

nxrm wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:29 am
liz wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:01 pm It's more of a quality issue for sure.
^This.
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

lukas wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:56 am do you think Tool will do some album promo interviews like url= one (amazing video quality btw)[/url] for the upcoming album?
This always makes me cackle! “Billy Pumpkin”
Thanks for posting it; I couldn’t find it on YT.
Good interview!!!
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

I expect they will have to promote the album somewhat. Looking forward to hearing about the recording process especially. It would be great if they would do something similar to that revolver special edition release.
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

95 days!!! \m/
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

If I remember correctly they filmed and documented their entire recording process. Should see the light of day in some form someday
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:25 pm If I remember correctly they filmed and documented their entire recording process. Should see the light of day in some form someday
Where did you hear this? Recording process for which album? I'd love to see more footage of Tool in the studio just gave up hope of ever seeing something like that.
snazzl3frass
Has been

Post by snazzl3frass »

Aenima thru current there's sure to be some form of recording of their process. Part of the whole "they can get more money once independent" deal. I'm sure it'll be after they call it quits maybe. Tool movie/live release/etc.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Tool_User wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:47 pm
xZ1mM3r wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:25 pm If I remember correctly they filmed and documented their entire recording process. Should see the light of day in some form someday
Where did you hear this? Recording process for which album? I'd love to see more footage of Tool in the studio just gave up hope of ever seeing something like that.
There were certainly cameras spotted in some of the studio pictures (mostly GoPro type devices fixed around the place). Whether or not this footage is enough to say they "recorded the process" is anyone's guess.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Nice one cheers guys you have given me some hope! Although given how much of a perfectionist Adam seems to be(that's not a dig!) I'd still be surprised if they de ide to release that footage because it definitely takes away some of the mystery and thats a big part of Tool.

Also thanks for the nice comments in the other thread about me seeing Tool for the first time guys it means a lot. If anyone wants me to try live stream it for them I'll be happy to have a go. If not I'll just try get a pic or two and share my experience instead 😊
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Leave ya camera in ya pocket and enjoy the show dude.
Listen to All Them Witches
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I might take a pic or two but was gonna get my girlfriend to maybe try live stream some of it but probably not worth the hassle I'll get from asking her to do it she doesn't even wanna be there as it is lol
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Okay time for a little positivity. I have been rough on them Tool fellas lately.

Descending, just hearing it live so far, is absolutely in my top 10 all time favorite Tool songs. I suspect after I hear the studio version it will likely creep up higher. If the rest of the album is on par or even close to Descending and Invincible man this is going to be a seriously good fucking album.
The most intelligent person on this forum
snazzl3frass
Has been

Post by snazzl3frass »

No shit? Your excitement gives me hope, Moggles. Without thinking too much, here's my current top 10

10. Ticks
9. Rosetta
8. D/R/T
7. Undertow
6. Jimmy
5. 3rd Eye
4. Opiate
3. 4 deg
2. Lateralus
1. Parabol/a

Other than #1 and 2, I would call it a dynamic list. I'd add cold and ugly and a bunch more but can't fit into a top 10.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I just started doing a top 10 list in my head and all I can say is no wonder I rate Aenima as my favourite album.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

What in the actual fuck are you doing.
also, Avatar!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Only 90 days away my friends!!!
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Stay strong, it will be worth the wait. I listened to Invincible again last night after giving it a rest for a little while and it's fucking incredible. It's Tool at the top of their game. Danny's drumming towards the end is like a mix between the end of the grudge and the end of 46 and 2. Fucking epic. I can only imagine how much better it will sound on cd.
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

Love lists!

1 Stinkfist
2 Ticks & Leeches
3 H.
4 Aenima
5 The Grudge
6 Right In Two
7 Swamp Song
8 Cold and Ugly
9 Reflection
10 Undertow
snazzl3frass
Has been

Post by snazzl3frass »

I recently put my brain thru a course of meds and listened to 3rd Eye for the first time in about 6 months. I remembered where I left my Tonka truck from 5th grade but forgot about it once the song ended. Thanks Tool!
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

I came here to talk about invincible, but let’s get some
Things out of the way first. I fucking love aenima as an opener. They somehow made it into a punk rock song a la sedated but let Danny be Danny. The pot sounds fantastic and MJK really sets the scene for the rest of the band. Parabol(a) is still one of the most centering songs around. I always feel alive when I hear it. I feel like descending is an inverse of 10,000 days. Similar structure, but instead of a dirge, it appears hopeful. Schism is obviously a fan favorite. Everyone sounds great and there is a reason it won a Grammy. Crowd pleaser like sober back in the day. What do I say about invincible. It is my new anthem. I put on my worn thin armor everyday, suck in my belly and sharpen my mind for the fray. I love how the band has evolved their soun and invincible is the new 46&2, schism, Jambi. I’ll be seeking ponce de Leon’s all of my days. Also. Thanks to the band for Intolerance: timely and necessary. Looking forward to third eye and lateralus on the next go round. Otherwise everything is flawless. Peace.
“Casual Fan”
Primate
Maynard Believer

Post by Primate »

I agree: Aenema is a great opener. After being conditioned to think of it as the closer or one of the closers of a show, i was pleasently surprised to hear them play it first.
In my opinion, opening every show with ´Some say the end is near´ renders any discussion about more albums after the upcoming one moot. On the other hand, opinions are like assholes, and we all remember what Burroughs and Cronenberg taught us about assholes. So who knows or cares...

Nothin butt love, i might add.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I'm hoping they keep anemima as an opener for the whole album tour. I reckon she'll be a ripping opener just as penis with a hooker was.

As for how they are playing a set of just the hits. They are a legacy act with songs that average 8-9 minutes in length and a 2 hour set. Of course they're gonna play schism, stinkfist for the first timers and casual fans. Ad in new songs and then any songs like Intolerance etc are bonuses. Some folk just love to piss and moan I guess.
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

Let us celebrate this chance to be alive, and breathing
A great people have been here since day whatever and the great people of this community continue to rely on comfort in this forum.
-Abraham Slinky

Treasures and flesh never few
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

And shucks!.....Tool nailed it with The Grudge
DCarey is not an average drum enthusiast
❤️