Post by Kittaan »

That is all.
Ki77aan :twisted:
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Re: Tool - Nothin But Love

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

ilikecheese wrote:
Kittaan wrote:That was me, with Bootsy's head. If you don't know who Bootsy is, you should never address me again. That is all.
Who's boobsy?
He's the monkey from Dora The Explorer, of course a horse!
Don't mow your lawn
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:
ilikecheese wrote:
Kittaan wrote:That was me, with Bootsy's head. If you don't know who Bootsy is, you should never address me again. That is all.
Who's boobsy?
He's the monkey from Dora The Explorer, of course a horse!
you had me at lesbian horse boots.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Kittaan wrote:That is all.
kittaan, hey...
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
shout out to Bootsy, rocking the Macho Man Randy Savage glasses. holla!!
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

The bootsiest, baby.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:shout out to Bootsy, rocking the Macho Man Randy Savage glasses.
I think you got it backwards, bra.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Kittaan wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:shout out to Bootsy, rocking the Macho Man Randy Savage glasses.
I think you got it backwards, bra.
was waiting for someone to correct me because I had to dip to work and was too lazy to edit. my man.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I played Aenima for my Texas Country loving friend at work today. He was generally quiet and weirded out by it but did offer up these comments:
L
Stinkfist/Eulogy/H/46 & 2- this rocks but why am I having trouble head banging to it?"
Die Eier Von Satan- "what are we listening to? (Genuinely concerned look on his face) Told him the truth,
Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Ravenpig wrote:I played Aenima for my Texas Country loving friend at work today. He was generally quiet and weirded out by it but did offer up these comments:
L
Stinkfist/Eulogy/H/46 & 2- this rocks but why am I having trouble head banging to it?"
Die Eier Von Satan- "what are we listening to? (Genuinely concerned look on his face) Told him the truth,
On behalf of the entire global TOOL community, I'd like to say the following:

Right on, brother. You did good.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

The problem was you didn't offer a handjob during the listen, that's how most of us got hooked.

Right?
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Not Tyson wrote:The problem was you didn't offer a handjob during the listen, that's how most of us got hooked.

Right?
eh, no.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Not Tyson wrote:The problem was you didn't offer a handjob during the listen, that's how most of us got hooked.

Right?
He didn't not not not imply that he didn't.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

i've tried to get people into Tool but everyone says "It's just noise, no chorus and the songs are to long." Every. Time.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Ettan wrote:i've tried to get people into Tool but everyone says "It's just noise, no chorus and the songs are to long." Every. Time.
do or do not. there is no try.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Ettan wrote:i've tried to get people into Tool but everyone says "It's just noise, no chorus and the songs are to long." Every. Time.
Not sure if I've told my TOOL story here, but fuck, why not eh.

I was . . . fourteen? I was in foster care. I had saved up my cash to get a CD/tape player/recorder. You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

"Stinkfist" had caught my ear a few times, as it was on fairly heavy rotation on Triple J (Aussies? Do you remember?). I'd FINALLY got to the point where I had trapped that bastard: I finally owned "Stinkfist".

Man, I played that sucker on repeat for weeks. I was huge into writing (lol even then) and lyrics, so I used to stick my ear RIGHT into a speaker just to hear what was being said.

I was way off, I would learn eventually; but fuck it - that was never the point.

I didn't hear much from this incredibly new band that was so unlike NIRVANA, PEARL JAM, or BUSH. My beloveds had had to take a backseat to this bizarre new thing. It wasn't music. It was . . . weird, man. Exciting.

Things fell apart in my foster home, as they do. Homeless. Got given an apartment as a trial to see if fifteen year olds could cut it on their own. I did.

I used to get a government allowance. Enough for rent, bills, food, maybe smokes, and a cheeky CD if you were good with your bills.

"AENIMA", motherfucker.

Can you imagine being a fifteen and a half year old dude in his own apartment listening to "jimmy" for the first time in his life?

I can.

And for that, I thank you, TOOL.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The Boss wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:I played Aenima for my Texas Country loving friend at work today. He was generally quiet and weirded out by it but did offer up these comments:
L
On behalf of the entire global TOOL community, I'd like to say the following:

Right on, brother. You did good.
Thanks.

I fell asleep while writing this, I guess I pressed submit at some point. So allow me to finish up.

After I told him what our boy UKE's favorite Tool track is about he laughed loudly. You could say he loled. "Oh really?! Awesome!"

Ions also messed with him. ( I guess the segues are easier to get at first?)

Third Eye- Is that Bill Hicks? Cool! (During the first "so good to see you") That sounds like some heartfelt stuff.

He wasn't blown away by it, nor was I expecting him to, but he seemed to enjoy it. I found his Von Satan and "why can't I head bang comments" funny.
Hey! Denty!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The Boss wrote:
Not sure if I've told my TOOL story here, but fuck, why not eh.

I was . . . fourteen? I was in foster care. I had saved up my cash to get a CD/tape player/recorder. You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

"Stinkfist" had caught my ear a few times, as it was on fairly heavy rotation on Triple J (Aussies? Do you remember?). I'd FINALLY got to the point where I had trapped that bastard: I finally owned "Stinkfist".

Man, I played that sucker on repeat for weeks. I was huge into writing (lol even then) and lyrics, so I used to stick my ear RIGHT into a speaker just to hear what was being said.

I was way off, I would learn eventually; but fuck it - that was never the point.

I didn't hear much from this incredibly new band that was so unlike NIRVANA, PEARL JAM, or BUSH. My beloveds had had to take a backseat to this bizarre new thing. It wasn't music. It was . . . weird, man. Exciting.

Things fell apart in my foster home, as they do. Homeless. Got given an apartment as a trial to see if fifteen year olds could cut it on their own. I did.

I used to get a government allowance. Enough for rent, bills, food, maybe smokes, and a cheeky CD if you were good with your bills.

"AENIMA", motherfucker.

Can you imagine being a fifteen and a half year old dude in his own apartment listening to "jimmy" for the first time in his life?

I can.

And for that, I thank you, TOOL.
Thanks for sharing. It's a good story. Mine isn't as interesting but I'll add it anyway.

That I can remember (I had more than likely heard Sober a few times) my first exposure to Tool (heh) was in Beavis and Butthead. The song and video were weird/interesting (Prison Sex) and while B/B did make their fair amount of jokes of what was happenning (hey Beavis you know what this band is called? Tool. Uh huh huh) they liked it overall.

Over the next few years I'd commonly notice a combo of NIN/Tool stickers (especially the wrench) on cars. To this day I find that weird because at the time I wasn't into either band.

In 2000 I went to go see NIN in Houston when APC was their opening band. When APC came out my friend leaned over and said, "the singer is Tool's singer". May Jay knocked it out of the park that night. (May Jay-ism: "Our album comes out at midnight, so uh, go buy it" The way he said it was pretty funny.) That's right, I saw APC live before I'd even heard a single Tool album.

Sometime after that a girl I "dated" played Undertow for me, and I was hooked.

My most random memory of that time period is walking into a Musicland with my friend who was looking to get something for his girlfriend and seeing a single copy of Salival there..... We didn't even know it had been released! Ah the days where a new release could still catch you off guard. The cashier mentioned that my friend got one of the 3 copies they'd put up for sale cause it was limited edition. So weird.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

The first time I heard Tool my brother was taking me and my sister to the mall and he was showing off some impressive Danny Carey drum fill, which to this day I still have no idea what song it was, but he was skipping around a lot and fast forward so none of it really stuck except for the name. And also that they had all met in an insane asylum. That stuck me with me too.

Later on I got into Nine Inch Nails and I created a Nine Inch Nails Pandora station and I would download songs that I liked. I ended up downloading The Grudge, Vicarious, Weak and Powerless, and another APC song, I can't remember which. At the time I had no idea A Perfect Circle and Tool were related. I wasn't really paying attention to the songs when I was listening to them in Pandora, I would just take note of the ones I didn't hate and download them later.

Anyways it was right around the time of my sister's birthday and we had driven up to the city to go to some restaurant and on the way back we were going to stop at the mall. So I was listening to my iPod in the backseat and Vicarious came up on my iPod and I was absolutely captivated. I listened to it like three times before we got to the mall and I remember just walking around the mall thinking about it. By the time I got home that evening I had pretty much kicked Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails to the curb and Tool had become my new favorite band. Just from listening to The Grudge and Vicarious.
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Oh man so you became a fan pretty recently (in Tool time anyway). I've always thought I became a fan pretty late in the game (2000).
Hey! Denty!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Tool - Nothin But Love

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I became a tool fan in 2011 haha. Friend burned me a copy of lateralus and told me to listen to it on my road trip. I was driving alone for 20+ hours. Lateralus on repeat. Made me a super fan
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

The first time I heard TOOL I was burning down this gook fuckers hooch. It was 1967 South Viet Nam and we were choppered into the DMZ to cut enemy supply lines. I was really into shooting smack and banging bokodinkydow hookers. This gook village had neither but they did have an ample supply of RedBull. We were jacked up on about four cans each as we rounded up the villagers to interrogate them. We were in a frenzy 'cause earlier that day our buddy was killed by a sniper while updating his facebook. It was a different time back then what with all the hippies and that son of a bitch Regan in the White House. I was starting to get the shakes 'cause I hadn't shot up since breakfast when Sargent Barnes popped this one old gooker right in the head with a round from his AR. And like that it was on. My buddy texted me, "lets do this whole fuckin village". Just then someone took the Creedence CD out of the Humvee and put on this sound that I had never heard before. I didn't know it at the time but the song that played was Stinkfist. That village might have stood there a thousand years but they never saw the men of Kilo Company 2nd Batallion 5th Marines coming that day.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Nate wrote: The first time I heard TOOL I was burning down this gook fuckers hooch. It was 1967 South Viet Nam and we were choppered into the DMZ to cut enemy supply lines.
Before I read another word of this I had to stop and give you props. Hopefully the rest doesn't suck.

Edit: Well done. Now, can you please animate the monkey in your avatar and make him tell the story? In between drags on the cig? Thank you in advance.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:10 am
Wait, what the fuck? I'm pretty sure this used to be right. What happened?
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

@Nate

That was a fantastic read. Post of the year!
Hey! Denty!