Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
User avatar
tiresias
Has been
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:24 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tiresias » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:11 am

Re: The Newsletter

Robinia pseudoacacia (Black Locust) blossoms in May and June in the Eastern/South-Eastern US and canada. And the Hellboy reference points to Maine. So maybe a eastern US/ Canada tour around the album release in June including a date on the waterfront in Bangor a la 2017?

User avatar
tiresias
Has been
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:24 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tiresias » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:33 am

Well. May at least. In June they are off to Europe.

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 10946
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:14 am

I still reckon we'll see more US shows in April around the festivals, but it's getting a little on the late side. Half of me thinks they were hoping to be able to announce an album release date + tour by now, but shit's not ready.

User avatar
Ravenpig
Peen Taster
Posts: 5111
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Ravenpig » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:40 am

Are you saying the album is delayed???
Hey! Denty!

User avatar
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick
Posts: 8661
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:10 am
Location: (c is da toot of crakter)

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by UndKeineZwEier » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:41 am

hellboy wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:14 am
I still reckon we'll see more US shows in April around the festivals, but it's getting a little on the late side. Half of me thinks they were hoping to be able to announce an album release date + tour by now, but shit's not ready.
Lol I've been saying this since those first few dates were announced back in October.
Don't mow your lawn

User avatar
fortysixand2
Hasheeshian
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 10:02 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by fortysixand2 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:11 pm

They better come on with these tour dates before I buy a ticket to some stupid festival.

User avatar
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick
Posts: 8661
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:10 am
Location: (c is da toot of crakter)

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by UndKeineZwEier » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:14 pm

Why buy tickets to a Stupid Festival when you can just come to Fourtheye dot net?
Don't mow your lawn

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 10946
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:50 pm

UndKeineZwEier wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:41 am
hellboy wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:14 am
I still reckon we'll see more US shows in April around the festivals, but it's getting a little on the late side. Half of me thinks they were hoping to be able to announce an album release date + tour by now, but shit's not ready.
Lol I've been saying this since those first few dates were announced back in October.
Lol so have many other people

User avatar
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick
Posts: 8661
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:10 am
Location: (c is da toot of crakter)

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by UndKeineZwEier » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:58 pm

Name two
Don't mow your lawn

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 10946
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:22 pm

Bob Smith and John Doe

User avatar
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick
Posts: 8661
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:10 am
Location: (c is da toot of crakter)

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by UndKeineZwEier » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:01 pm

Never heard of them
Don't mow your lawn

User avatar
Ravenpig
Peen Taster
Posts: 5111
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Ravenpig » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:57 pm

I hsve
Hey! Denty!

User avatar
Bill Hilly
Droner
Posts: 1626
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:29 pm
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Bill Hilly » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:14 pm

UndKeineZwEier wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:58 pm
Name two
hellboy wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:22 pm
Deez nuts

FYP
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy

User avatar
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick
Posts: 8661
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:10 am
Location: (c is da toot of crakter)

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by UndKeineZwEier » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:30 pm

Never heard of them
Don't mow your lawn

junior
Has been
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:11 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by junior » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:09 pm

unclejackson wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:09 pm
Keep expecting a few shows to be added in May. Seems odd that they'd preform three festivals a week apart in the Eastern US. Junior, would that be unusual?
Unusual, but not unheard of.

User avatar
Kittaan
Creeper
Posts: 4608
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:56 am
Location: , Location, Location!

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Kittaan » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:52 pm

Hey Junior. I’m assuming you’ll be working the Tool gigs, but I know you work with other bands. Just curious if there’s a band/situation you would choose over Tool, if that choice needed to be made?
It’s my signature!

User avatar
tys0n
Adsense Clicker
Posts: 2189
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tys0n » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:54 pm

Yeah Junior, tell us which bands you'd throw Tool under the bus for!
Canned audience laughter

User avatar
Specter
Excrementor
Posts: 734
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:29 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Specter » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:35 pm

That’d be Filter. It’d be a short bus, though.
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom

User avatar
Kittaan
Creeper
Posts: 4608
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:56 am
Location: , Location, Location!

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Kittaan » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:12 pm

@ Tyson - shhhh. I’m trying to help Junior negotiate a raise with Tool.
It’s my signature!

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 10946
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:57 pm

So I hear that the new album should be mastered this week. Reportedly Danny didn't appear at the Baked Potato tonight as planned because of this.

User avatar
novaconda
My pain is just an excuse
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:26 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by novaconda » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:04 pm

hellboy wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:57 pm
So I hear that the new album should be mastered this week. Reportedly Danny didn't appear at the Baked Potato tonight as planned because of this.
Daaaannngggg.... That's awesome news. Taken as a rumor or pretty legit information?
The last mile is the one you really need to make.

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 10946
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:16 pm

novaconda wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:04 pm
hellboy wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:57 pm
So I hear that the new album should be mastered this week. Reportedly Danny didn't appear at the Baked Potato tonight as planned because of this.
Daaaannngggg.... That's awesome news. Taken as a rumor or pretty legit information?
Comes from an unknown source so can't say with any certainty. Someone may be able to confirm Danny's absence perhaps?

User avatar
novaconda
My pain is just an excuse
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:26 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by novaconda » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:01 pm

hellboy wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:16 pm
novaconda wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:04 pm
hellboy wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:57 pm
So I hear that the new album should be mastered this week. Reportedly Danny didn't appear at the Baked Potato tonight as planned because of this.
Daaaannngggg.... That's awesome news. Taken as a rumor or pretty legit information?
Comes from an unknown source so can't say with any certainty. Someone may be able to confirm Danny's absence perhaps?
Still exciting nonetheless. You know what was fun? I remember when I first listened to Lateralus on my Sony discman. It had a little anti-skip switch on the side that was perfect for driving on the bumpy roads. I listened to it on a warm summer night driving country roads with the windows down. Such awesome memories of the summer of 2001. Now, it's forever ago.
The last mile is the one you really need to make.

User avatar
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick
Posts: 8661
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:10 am
Location: (c is da toot of crakter)

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by UndKeineZwEier » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:22 pm

I'm not entirely sure why, if the album was being mastered this week, that would mean Danny couldn't play at the Baked Potato?

The band doesn't really need to be there for that part of the process.
Don't mow your lawn

User avatar
tys0n
Adsense Clicker
Posts: 2189
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tys0n » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:40 pm

He's standing over Bob ready to rap his knuckles with a drum stick if he puts the drums too low in the mix.
Canned audience laughter

Post Reply