Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
tys0n
Streeper

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tys0n »

lol he said it's gong to be a good friday when it actually IS going to be Good Friday

Spiral out dudes and dudettes
Canned audience laughter
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

He’s trolling hard core. If anything, he’ll give some sort of Puscifer news. Rocking the Birks with socks is funny shit though, he truly has become a old fart.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

He’s not giving Puscifer news anytime soon, it’d be completely buried and forgotten the moment actual Tool news comes out.
Hey! Denty!
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

aah, 'let it go for a day' sounds about right. a week or so ago i felt like i had an itch i couldnt quite reach but im ok again. when you least expect it usually is when things happen, so.....
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

You'd think after 13 years people would have learned to be patient.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Not so sure of an Easter announcement, so don't get your hopes up. Carina & Mat both seem to be in town with Maynard at the moment, so imagine that they are working on Puscifer - I shouldn't expect much news of that just yet though.
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

And what the hell is "#egghangry"? Is Puscifer putting out an Easter song for fun or something?
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

The #nailedit and #hungovertheweekend are two sneaky, albeit somewhat insensitive puns for the Easter long weekend :)

Here's my take:

1) Hangry is informal for 'hungry' and 'angry'. So are there Easter eggs, as in subtle clues, in this pic? We are hungry for new info so #EggHangry makes sense.
2) "Hope the weekend doesn't get outta hand" could be referring to the album info about to 'drop' out of their hands or the album is in their hands almost ready to be shared or dropped.
3) #LetItGoForaDay is them about to let this info drop in a day or so, not just asking us to move on.
4) The 3 thought bubbles go Wednesday, April 17, Friday, April 19 and maybe Easter Sunday, April 21. Is this info coming on Sunday?
5) #NotNewTool obviously means don't expect to hear new music anytime soon etc., not this weekend at least.

The #nailedit bit intrigues me; is MJK nailing this troll/post or have we nailed it with these predictions?

Either way, I really appreciate his efforts here. Love it :)
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

http://dannycarey.org/birthday-message- ... o-maynard/

Haha man... Feel bad for Danny, he's such a nice guy :(
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Holy shit :lol:
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Some many people on Reddit thinking we're getting a new single on Good Friday, because if Tool are anything, they are a band that likes to celebrate religious observances
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Well, it would be an appropriate day to release the opiate remix/video...
“Casual Fan”
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

yea I've always thought the drip of information will be Opiate video > Music on streaming services > Single > Album. I have always thought there will be an announcement of an announcement type post. So maybe opiate video this weekend, streaming next weekend, single right before first show, album right before first EU show.

Or maybe there will be another fire and we will never hear any of it. all of it seems equally plausible.
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

let's not forget (and thus appreciate) that this is most likely the last time we can build hype and get excited for a new tool album. enjoy crossing the finish line! once the album is out, I think a big part of the tool community will leave fourtheye, reddit, etc. and just move on.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The speculation is flat out absurd.
"They didn't release anything on Maynard's birthday
**checks calendar**
Good Friday is next - ah I see their plan now, surely that's when they will release the new single"
Queue complaints about how Tool are unprofessional assholes
Repeat forever
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

Adam's instagram had an image of some "rendering" he was working on, and re-appearance of a comic book style Tool drawing that I know I've seen before. "I'm always the red one."
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

hellboy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:40 am The speculation is flat out absurd.
"They didn't release anything on Maynard's birthday
**checks calendar**
Good Friday is next - ah I see their plan now, surely that's when they will release the new single"
Queue complaints about how Tool are unprofessional assholes
Repeat forever
People definitely read way to far into everything they do, but to be fair for years the only real info tool fans got was from deciphering Blair cryptic newsletters so I reckon that's partly to blame. That and Tool fans being nutters.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I'm chill today. Got booked in with me therapist for next weekend ahhhh. Long weekend the weather's meant to be nice and I'm gonna clean up the bbq and get some cheese on the go. I'm gonna say I don't think we will get anything this weekend, then if we do it will be a nice little bonus.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

lukas wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:37 am once the album is out, I think a big part of the tool community will leave fourtheye, reddit, etc. and just move on.
That's interesting. I'm not going anywhere, and I don't imagine too many of us will just leave after this album cycle is over. As long as Fourtheye keeps going, I'll still pop in regardless of whether this is Tool's last album or not. I really don't see Tool or its fan base going anywhere for a while. Who knows? Tool are soon to be free agents. There's always a chance that they actually start being more productive and cranking out more art in the next decade. They're no spring chickens, but they are also not on their death beds either.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Bill Hilly wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:48 am
lukas wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:37 am once the album is out, I think a big part of the tool community will leave fourtheye, reddit, etc. and just move on.
That's interesting. I'm not going anywhere, and I don't imagine too many of us will just leave after this album cycle is over. As long as Fourtheye keeps going, I'll still pop in regardless of whether this is Tool's last album or not. I really don't see Tool or its fan base going anywhere for a while. Who knows? Tool are soon to be free agents. There's always a chance that they actually start being more productive and cranking out more art in the next decade. They're no spring chickens, but they are also not on their death beds either.
I'll probably go back to just lurking but I'll be here. Watching you.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I don't find that creepy at all. No worries.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Yeah. I expect Puscifer to playing the retirement club circuit 25 years from now.

“Casual Fan”
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

I’m hoping once this album is out and they are free from their label they will put more salival like releases out. Would love to see what live footage they throw out for us to see.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Been bush for the last 6 days. Came back and no album announcement yet. Thought they definitely would have checked my schedule and announced a new album to suit
Listen to All Them Witches
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Bill Hilly wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:48 am
^ I am with Bill. I haven't been here for Tool for a very long time. I have hated Tool for a number of years and just recently had a change of heart/perspective with regards to Tool and the new album. Although lately with the radio silence and Maynard's continuing trolling I am starting to remember why I grew to dislike Tool so much, but that is a discussion for another day.

I am here because I like talking music and movies/tv and games etc etc with the crazy bunch that frequents this odd little corner of the internet. I even think of a few of them as friends. Hell I have even grown fond of Tyson who would have thunk it?

Fourtheye isn't about Tool for me. No matters what happens with the new album I imagine I will be around here as long as Hellboy decides to keep the doors open.
The most intelligent person on this forum