Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

Tool, Gojira, Architects, Ministry, Fu Mancho, Crystal Method & Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes are all decent acts imo. It's a long way from terrible.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Surely people are going to get sick of seeing the same legacy bands year in year out?
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

tys0n wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:33 pm Surely people are going to get sick of seeing the same legacy bands year in year out?
Maybe, but legacy acts playing on festivals aren't really a new phenomenon
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

So there's an unverified rumour going around that record stores are being advised that they can expect a Tool album in August. Reportedly stores were advised in a recent email. Who want's to contact their local record store and see if they got a similar email?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

August, lol
Canned audience laughter
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

UndKeineZwEier wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:05 pm Uh, yeah no that lineup is pretty fucking terrible.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Where’s the rumor from? August would be annoying, but probably likely at this point. This band is so tardy with everything it’s crazy. As long as there is new music at the shows people may not lose their heads entirely.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

UndKeineZwEier wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:05 pm Uh, yeah no that lineup is pretty fucking terrible.
For 2019? Yup.

For 1999? Not as bad.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Could that be perhaps just vynl though? Anyway I don’t believe rumors.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Capt. Shipwreck wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:25 pm Where’s the rumor from? August would be annoying, but probably likely at this point. This band is so tardy with everything it’s crazy. As long as there is new music at the shows people may not lose their heads entirely.
A guy on reddit who contacted his local record store. As I said, unverified so don't go booking holidays for August.
Could that be perhaps just vynl though? Anyway I don’t believe rumors.
If it's not coming until August, then I suspect it'd be for packaging related reasons. I'm not entirely convinced they'd delay the release of the album just for vinyl though.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Out of curiosity (and boredom) I called the two largest chains in SF. Neither of them had heard anything about it. One chuckled and said he was waiting too... the other one put me on hold, checked with his buyer who said definitely not. Likely BS, but you already knew that.
Ki77aan :twisted:
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

hellboy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:25 pm So there's an unverified rumour going around that record stores are being advised that they can expect a Tool album in August. Reportedly stores were advised in a recent email. Who want's to contact their local record store and see if they got a similar email?
Records as in vinyl or just music stores? I’d check around if you have more info but why this news all of a sudden vs what Maynard tweeted?(mid-may/June). Also people on reddit keep referring to your source. What’s your info from your source thus far?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

rshforgothispw wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:38 pm
Records as in vinyl or just music stores? I’d check around if you have more info but why this news all of a sudden vs what Maynard tweeted?(mid-may/June). Also people on reddit keep referring to your source. What’s your info from your source thus far?
Allegedly the record store guy said "actually yeah we got an email recently telling us to expect shipments of the new album in August."

Let's assume for a moment it's not just made up - if record stores are hearing this, then I expect an announcement pretty soon.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Do record stores get these types of emails in preparation for fairly big releases? Does this still happen?

I reckon this is just a rumour. August seems too far anyway... I give up now
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I'm not buying it. This is a big announcement I doubt they'd let it slip over an email to a record store. I might be wrong but nahhh.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Records as in vinyl or just music stores
i didnt think about RECORD VINYL when hellboy first said this and i was kinda gutted from it. very good point! good chance this could very well mean the VINYL will be out in August which sounds a lot more likely at this point. i hope. ha
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

10,000 days still hasn't come out on vinyl so I doubt the new album would be released on vinyl this year/decade.
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

What would the benefit of emailing record stores this information be? Obviously bs
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

rinkwhopper wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:19 am What would the benefit of emailing record stores this information be? Obviously bs
Yeah we'll just tell the release date to the people who are normally responsible for album leaks and trust them to keep their mouths shut. Just so they know and have time to prepare their shelves.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

How many times are we going to allow Hellboy to release bs rumours on this forum?

Dude needs to be banned.
Canned audience laughter
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

tys0n wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:41 am How many times are we going to allow Hellboy to release bs rumours on this forum?

Dude needs to be banned.
Oh he's in on it alright. Probably sat out back with his feet up on a box of wine listening to the new album as we speak.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Haha never change Tyson, you crack me up
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

rinkwhopper wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:19 am What would the benefit of emailing record stores this information be? Obviously bs
Especially 4-5 months in advance. Why would a store need that amount of prep time?
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

Moridin wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:55 am
Especially 4-5 months in advance. Why would a store need that amount of prep time?
this. record stores be like "yep....um....so we'll wait til August then. Thanks for the heads up".
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Sure hope it is fake because if not I am going to be extremely pissed off. This continual delay is reminding me why I grew to hate Tool so much. I am past the point of long winded profanity infused rants but as the radio silence continues I find it hard to stay positive when a band that has been around for 30 years continues to function like a bunch of amateurs fumbling around trying to release their first record.
The most intelligent person on this forum