Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

M0G wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:38 pm Wouldn’t be surprised at all if the back catalogue was released sooner not much involved there as long as the money/licensing is all hashed out. Would love to see the Opiate rework pop up for purchase digitally but I doubt it will happen. Would be at least something newish to dig into.
The time is ripe for that Opiate reworking. That it hasn't been already I find stranger than the "delays" in the new album.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

....and the Pot video?

LMFAO
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

it surprises me how many "die hard" fans on reddit expect some kind of surprise release. Maynard gave a clear statement: NO
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Yeah, NO

Those are the same geniuses that thought this guy:

just joined Tool Army to buy some new swag for the album.
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

So they're debuting stuff on an outdoor festival stage knowing the rest of the world is going to see/hear it though some shitty crowd recording.
No complaints, but that's just... weird
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

inequitude wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:07 am So they're debuting stuff on an outdoor festival stage knowing the rest of the world is going to see/hear it though some shitty crowd recording.
I don't think it's how anyone really wants to see it go down, but here we are.

I half expect that the festival shows will be just the same as the last tour (in regards to what new stuff is played) and that they will save new material for their own gigs where a bit more phone enforcement can be maintained.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Maybe you're onto something there.

If someone told me that the first new Tool song in 13 years would be debuted live on stage in Jacksonville, Florida, I'd have a hard time keeping a straight face.....but here we are.

*Edit: r/floridaman
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I reckon they'll debut a new song or maybe more on sunday, and also release it as a single the same day. We'll see soon
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

I take comfort in the knowledge that there'll be people who get to hear this new stuff first after having bought a ticket for the primary purpose of enjoying an afternoon of Papa Roach.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Well they already have debuted new music from a mobile phone and it was done by none other than Adam Jones lol I think they are going to milk it for all its worth so I'm expecting more hints and hype to build up the digital release of their back catalogue first etc It's going to drag out which is rather tedious but fuck it. It is what it is!
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

hellboy wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:10 pm lol at anyone who expected a release today
hey! u thought a single might be out around this time too! new tune sunday for sure...at least its a festival so Descending part 7 or whatever will be showing up. then Descending part 4 will be after that. haha that was good!

so tech a single can come out any day ? i really dont know how that works these days. who knows. looking at Lukas's pictures is prob the best form of therapy around here. lol. love that!
Last edited by bob on Fri May 03, 2019 4:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Hmmm, what if this small run of USA shows in May is just a tease of 2 or 3 new songs, maybe even just one Descending, and the full album is released Friday, May 24 or Friday, May 31 just before they start their European tour in Berlin on Sunday, June 2. That's a sneaky way to build up massive hype for all of your fans back in the USA, especially if European fans are getting the new stuff (i.e. 5 or 6 new songs) live before anyone in the States does. It would also tie in nicely if in the midst of your little European run you announced you were doing a US run of shows from mid-October onward. If the Aftershock festival is October 13 in Sacramento, surely TOOL could do the West Coast run of arena shows throughout the rest of October, November and some of December.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Seems kinda odd, but it is Toolarchive, the guy doesn't seem to fuck around.
alright, ive kept my mouth shut long enough about this asshole. you do realize this guy also sells bootlegs and is no different then you or me and has no connections or fuck all right ?

he takes everything he finds and runs Toolarchive to build his channel/make cash by using other peoples stuff.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

He provides easy access to stuff most people otherwise wouldn't find, and AFAIK he does not sell bootlegs.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

I forgot who entertained this first if anyone (probably Mog ;) ) but I'm starting to get the impression that at least the arena shows are actually gonna get a full album performance, especially after hearing the descriptions of "no obvious single, too long, etc." Maybe the album is really vinyl-geared, 4 sides, 4 tracks. Anyway, perfect way to troll the fans after the 10k days leak and years of bootlegging, "oh this is how you like to listen? Enjoy!" , lol I did hear some rumors of of reddit that they may enforce the cellphone pouches, though it seems y'all ticket holders would already know.
Last edited by limeygringo on Fri May 03, 2019 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Ettan wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 4:02 am He provides easy access to stuff most people otherwise wouldn't find, and AFAIK he does not sell bootlegs.
i never knew who ran that YT channel back in the day but certain things sure line up that it was a certain someone and that didnt just come from me. whatever though, i wasnt even going to bother saying anything but it didnt seem right but ok, maybe it is, maybe it isnt.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Maynard will announce release date 70 mins in the set after descending
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

hellboy wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:13 am
inequitude wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:07 am So they're debuting stuff on an outdoor festival stage knowing the rest of the world is going to see/hear it though some shitty crowd recording.

I half expect that the festival shows will be just the same as the last tour (in regards to what new stuff is played) and that they will save new material for their own gigs where a bit more phone enforcement can be maintained.
If they do that I will be fuckin PISSED! I bought epicenter tickets the second they announced tool would be there. This is my first time seeing them since 01. There were no fuckin private shows to pick from I got three fuckin kids and a life I can’t go to every tool show just to make sure I get a different experience.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

bob wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:55 am
alright, ive kept my mouth shut long enough about this asshole. you do realize this guy also sells bootlegs and is no different then you or me and has no connections or fuck all right ?

he takes everything he finds and runs Toolarchive to build his channel/make cash by using other peoples stuff.
Bob you're the same guy that claimed Tool paid their roadies shit and now this crap?

Shut the fuck up mate.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

if you think so but no. diff thing entirely. and i never said $$ shit! just what they had to. its just he said,she said shiit....thats what she said!

what the fuck, ya fuckin fuck! fuuuck. ever heard that one ? ;)
unclejackson
My pain is just an excuse

Post by unclejackson »

rshforgothispw wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 4:46 am
hellboy wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:13 am

If they do that I will be fuckin PISSED! I bought epicenter tickets the second they announced tool would be there. This is my first time seeing them since 01. There were no fuckin private shows to pick from I got three fuckin kids and a life I can’t go to every tool show just to make sure I get a different experience.
I expect Tool will play new music at the festival shows too - at the very least the full version of "Descending". Otherwise, recent social media posts wouldn't make much sense. The Jacksonville show was specifically mentioned in the HIGHLY suggestive posts.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

I thought for a quick minute tool got in touch with toolarchive when he disappeared from YouTube and formed some agreement cuz he came back up after a week or so. His VIP audio of the guys is suspiciously clean as if it came from the soundboard. The last video leads me to think otherwise though. Unless that was intensional. They still don’t have a YouTube page right?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I don't believe that same person has run ToolArchive all these years - there was a changeover at some point from memory.

Anyway, ToolArchive is a nice enough chap. I've spoken with him numerous times over the journey. Like Fourtheye he collates Tool information in a format that people appreciate. Some people are visual learners and like Youtube, others prefer to read.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

tys0n wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 5:06 am
bob wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:55 am

Bob you're the same guy that claimed Tool paid their roadies shit and now this crap?

Shut the fuck up mate.
For the record, because everyone has read into junior's comments about that, you can still just as essily assume that they get paid the bare minimum. Not that I give a shit or expect any different. Most companies pay the bare minimum or whatever they can get away with, funny that Tool thanks think their gods must be different.
insertcrypticnameher
Bronco's Fan

Post by insertcrypticnameher »

What a weird and stupid post