Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Busty McCracken »

Yeh I saw them a few times in 2007, 2011 & 2013 and his voice got better each time, but even then he didn't get even close to sounding anything like that. Compare it to his apc show I saw also in 2013 where he was a little bit closer to that at least during the outsider.

What pissed me off the most was hearing him scream well for APC and then 2 months later skip half of the lyrics for pushit. Made no sense
Listen to All Them Witches
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

joeypants wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 1:46 pm I am 100% content if the album is in fact "all clean" (I highly doubt it's that cut and dry but who knows) and this allowing him to still belt out some of the older stuff when they play live. I've heard him scream, and will in again in the live environment, I don't necessarily "need" it on a new album. What I do need is creativity and new territory, and given the two songs they've been playing, they've nailed that part.
This 100% is exactly how I feel. Maynard singing clean on this album just makes sense given where they are as a band. I would rather him stay where he is most comfortable so nothing feels forced or over extended.
The most intelligent person on this forum
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

I would nut (again) just to hear the alt version of Pushit again live. Fuck, I love that version.
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

MJK nailed it perfectly
Last edited by ziggy23 on Wed May 15, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeah that song touches me in special places. Was lucky to see it properly in 01 otherwise I probably woulda bottled him when he butchered it in 2013. Would rather they not play it at all if he's going to half arse it like he did
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 3:50 pm Yeah that song touches me in special places. Was lucky to see it properly in 01 otherwise I probably woulda bottled him when he butchered it in 2013. Would rather they not play it at all if he's going to half arse it like he did
Are you referring to 'Pushit'? I saw them play it on that tour (both nights in Melb) and didn't think it was that bad - well it was better on the second night which was the second show of the tour. From memory he was also suffering a bit of sickness - well I hope he was because he certainly fucked up Vicarious on the first night and wasn't that strong on a number of songs.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

264zn wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 5:40 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 3:50 pm Yeah that song touches me in special places. Was lucky to see it properly in 01 otherwise I probably woulda bottled him when he butchered it in 2013. Would rather they not play it at all if he's going to half arse it like he did
Are you referring to 'Pushit'? I saw them play it on that tour (both nights in Melb) and didn't think it was that bad - well it was better on the second night which was the second show of the tour. From memory he was also suffering a bit of sickness - well I hope he was because he certainly fucked up Vicarious on the first night and wasn't that strong on a number of songs.
Yep talking about pushit. Just the way he skipped half the chorus every time. I was so stoked to hear pushit back in the set. At first I thought he forgot the lyrics but nope he just started cutting his vocals out in the chorus . Is one of my all time favourite songs by anyone and musically it sounded great. Just felt why even bother play it if that's the effort he's gonna put in

gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/revie ... pectations

Old, but cool. This definitely feels like a "prove the doubters wrong" tour. I'm loving how much fun all four of them are having. They know they are killing it.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Looks like Blair has access to post on the Toolband website once again, with information on their support in Europe...and more!
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Part of me sounding great 👍. The screams on opiate were so goddamn raw. Didn't have the chance, but I would have shit a brick hearing jerk off screamed into my face back in the day. Glad we have recording & videos of so many early shows. And these latest shows as well ;)
also, Avatar!
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

Yeah, the bug guy again. Oooooooh mysterious.

#yawn
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

nxrm wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:09 pm Looks like Blair has access to post on the Toolband website once again, with information on their support in Europe...and more!
I'm hoping for primus
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Lol
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

There hasn't been a reason to touch that website since Blaire left.

And even then, really..

<3
also, Avatar!
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

ziggy23 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 3:49 pm

MJK nailed it perfectly
Ahhh, Infotainment!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

It's so refreshing to hear a new tool song. Maynard must be clawing at his eyes screaming about these freaks, here in this hole, this fucking hole we call la
also, Avatar!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

"The only way to fix it is to sing the song again.."
also, Avatar!
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

No one is tasking about cc trip. Sounds great! Is that the new album drum solo?!
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

Somebody mentioned that it sounds like Merkaba 2, which has me hyped. Think I'll abstain from hearing it until the album drops.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I had zero problem with him revising Pushit like he did. I took it as taking a different approach, not "half-assing" something. He still killed the screams and high parts in it, just divided the "chorus" (if you can even call it that) into a different flow.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

gamebounty wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:08 pm Somebody mentioned that it sounds like Merkaba 2, which has me hyped. Think I'll abstain from hearing it until the album drops.
Danny's been doing his synth/drum thing for a few tours or a bit longer even.(cant remember exactly) thats a good way to fill time/give M a break vocally. i dont think this will be on the album. also the ''intermissions'' are about 14 minutes long now? geeze.
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

bob wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:22 pm
gamebounty wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:08 pm Somebody mentioned that it sounds like Merkaba 2, which has me hyped. Think I'll abstain from hearing it until the album drops.
Danny's been doing his synth/drum thing for a few tours or a bit longer even.(cant remember exactly) thats a good way to fill time/give M a break vocally. i dont think this will be on the album. also the ''intermissions'' are about 14 minutes long now? geeze.
I think Danny is the one that needs a break, the dude is pushing 60 and still killing it on the drums, he’s just incredible. We are in for a treat on August 30 from the looks of it, Maynard’s voice is sounding great so i bet he did a great job on the album plus the whole band is sounding tight.
I forgot my pen
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

joeypants wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:16 pm I had zero problem with him revising Pushit like he did. I took it as taking a different approach, not "half-assing" something. He still killed the screams and high parts in it, just divided the "chorus" (if you can even call it that) into a different flow.
Yeah the rest of the song still sounded ok , I just didn't enjoy when he did that part. I took it as half assing. If it was just to give it a different flow, then can someone please tell MJ next time they speak to him that the new flow sucked? K thanks
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I disagree, but that is a totally fair opinion.

Now Vicarious on the other hand... I wish they'd stop playing if he can't/won't nail the end. Kills the entire song for me.