The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

liz wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:35 am
Calfium Jay wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:25 am
hellboy wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:11 pm I'd love to do a listening party - I have a bottle I need to open too a 2010 Mandala. Hopefully it's aged ok - it's not one of the more expensive brews though. I might see if my friend from Sip Wines is keen to do something

Personally I'd rather listen to the new album and then have sex.

:|
It won't be that kind of party.
No Lib voters allowed!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I didn't think there were any Lib voters in Adelaide
Canned audience laughter
Wychowski
of Arimathea

Post by Wychowski »

tys0n wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:53 am I didn't think there were any Lib voters in Adelaide
Sadly not.
It was Adelaide that was responsible for Chris Pyne.
For shame, Adelaide.

Anyway... Tool.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Wychowski wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:18 am
tys0n wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:53 am I didn't think there were any Lib voters in Adelaide
Sadly not.
It was Adelaide that was responsible for Chris Pyne.
For shame, Adelaide.

Anyway... Tool.
Christopher was my local member and close relative to one of my best mates. I have to say that he's a pretty genuine guy and certainly he was a great performer for the libs in parliament. I'm sad he's not my local member anymore.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

So anyway, perhaps there will be one lib voter ( mind you that hasn't always been the case) at the Adelaide listening party.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Wychowski
of Arimathea

Post by Wychowski »

liz wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:35 am Christopher was my local member and close relative to one of my best mates. I have to say that he's a pretty genuine guy and certainly he was a great performer for the libs in parliament. I'm sad he's not my local member anymore.
I'm sure he is. In so far as any politician can be.
Bring back Nick for Sturt, I say!
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:40 am
No Lib voters allowed!

Racist.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Hodef
Bronco's Fan

2 or 3 albums

Post by Hodef »

I came from a forum was convinced that this new album is Tool's last album. I figure there will be at least 2 more Tool albums. What have you heard?
tys0n
Streeper

HELLBOY IS SHUTTING DOWN THE SITE

Post by tys0n »

Interesting
Canned audience laughter
lachrymologist
RIP

DIDNT KNOW THAT WAS A THING... BEFORE NOW

Post by lachrymologist »

tys0n
Streeper

NEW ALBUM LEAKED

Post by tys0n »

Sike
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Wow what incredible posting
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

I think this might be it with regard to TOOL albums. Seems like they have put everything into this one (13 years, two 12 minute tracks thus far) and it's the last record on their current contract. Danny just turned 58, MJK is 55, Adam is 54. I'm not sure I can see them doing it all again or starting the creative process again fresh in 4 or 5 years from now. I'm sure they'll stick together and play live shows for the next 5 to 10 years but I won't be surprised if this it it with albums.

There is the snippet about Danny saying they wanted their discography to surpass Led Zeppelin's but we'll see... 5 full length albums and Opiate as an EP is pretty solid though.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

ah, like others have said, Danny is prob the least reliable when it comes to anything like this. hes the friendliest of the bunch and thats great but i donno bout that album thing he said :S

if they get back on track like they did from aenima through 10k will get another one in 5 years IF were lucky but im not betting on it or anything.
Wychowski
of Arimathea

Post by Wychowski »

I wish I could be as optimistic about the potential for future releases, as others here... But i think mattw's summary is pretty realistic. Times have changed in ways that don't promote confidence in releases beyond this one. They are older, have families, interests that compete for how time and energy are invested, and they certainly don't need the money. After what will undoubtedly be an extensive touring schedule... I just can't see them having much motivation to starting writing again. I wouldn't. Its fair to say that getting this album out hasn't been a priority, so why would making another one be? I'd like to be proven wrong... but.

What'll be interesting though is whether this is a double album. Again, not optimistic... But hopeful that there's a chance.
Also... They were in the studio a few years back, for something (I think the rumor was for an Opiate re-recording)... Which hasn't seen the light of day. I personally wouldn't be unhappy with disk 2 of said double-album being re-recordings of all the extended versions they've performed live over the years (Stinkfist, Jerkoff, Schism PS OTRM, Opiate etc.)
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I've said it several times - this is not a double album. I know some of you are holding out for this to be the case, but my understanding is it's definitely not.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

So it's a triple album!

Wow!
Canned audience laughter
Wychowski
of Arimathea

Post by Wychowski »

hellboy wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:34 pm I've said it several times - this is not a double album. I know some of you are holding out for this to be the case, but my understanding is it's definitely not.
You know this categorically, in the sense that you'd bet your house on it?
i.e. Are you privy to unofficial yet 'official' information that confirms this as such?

I 'know' it's not a double album too... But without having some reliable confirmation that it isn't, then there's enough to hang one's hopes one. It's nice to have such hopes... But if you're saying with certainty it's pointless in this case, then fair enough.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Wychowski wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:47 pm
hellboy wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:34 pm I've said it several times - this is not a double album. I know some of you are holding out for this to be the case, but my understanding is it's definitely not.
You know this categorically, in the sense that you'd bet your house on it?
i.e. Are you privy to unofficial yet 'official' information that confirms this as such?
Not categorically unfortunately, but from a good enough source that I'm about 98% confident. From someone close to the band who's heard the album.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

it would be nice if whoever only heard one of the discs and didnt know it. 2% hook us up! 8-)
Wychowski
of Arimathea

Post by Wychowski »

bob wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:14 am it would be nice if whoever only heard one of the discs and didnt know it. 2% hook us up! 8-)
I like this. I'm going to take this as irrefutable fact & hang all my hopes on it now.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

August 30th! But first June 18th, ziggodome. Yay.

And all this in a periode of post-European elections and to Brexit times.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Wychowski wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:40 am
bob wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:14 am it would be nice if whoever only heard one of the discs and didnt know it. 2% hook us up! 8-)
I like this. I'm going to take this as irrefutable fact & hang all my hopes on it now.
ya me too! sorry in advance just in case! baha...seriously though, i really hope its something like that.
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

hellboy wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:06 am Not categorically unfortunately, but from a good enough source that I'm about 98% confident. From someone close to the band who's heard the album.
May I ask....did the person hear the album w. lyrics? How did the person like the album? Did the person hear the mastered stuff or "just" the play through during their rehearsal prior recording?

What could be possible is that they have 6 tracks + 6 intermissions. 3+3 on each "CD", making it a pseudo double album