Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by rshforgothispw »

can you ask them if descending and invincible were part of the music they heard?
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

ziggy23 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:09 am Image
No lying down. This is a marathon, and we're just getting warmed up. :D

I think the most difficult point will be if/when a single is released...or a leak!

Probably just going to have to keep away at that point.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Didn't watch other clips to confirm this, but the recent show I was watching, Maynard completely leaves the stage for the final 7 minutes of Descending after his lyrics section concludes.

I guess I'm not too surprised though either. They have an intermission 2 songs before their set is over.

EDIT: this was my 2000th post. Wtf am I doing with my life...
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Jesus fucking Christ does Hellboy have to repeat this in multiple languages it is not a double album. There will be at minimum 5 songs and no more than 7. Descending is just under 12 mins. Invincible is 12 and a half. They have spoke a number of times about a 15 minute song. Those three take up half the album. If I had to bet 6 is probably the magic number with some short seques and Danny’s synth thing. If it only ends up being 5 songs one or two of them will likely be multi-part like Wings/10k Days...Lost Keys/Rosetta...D/R/T etc.

Bottom line it won’t be a short album all the songs are long I believe there was mention of them all being at or over 10 minutes although that may have just been a rumor.

This will be Tool’s last full length album. Enjoy it. Maybe we get a DVD at some point. Maybe some unreleased tracks or a Salival type release but no way they do another full album. They wasted an entire album cycle getting to this point which is such a damn shame but at least we finally have new Tool songs and Descending and Invincible are both fucking incredible.
The most intelligent person on this forum
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I'm looking forward to a new Tool album that blows our fucking ears off. You cynical fucking cunts can eat shit & wash off in the afterglow of a new goddamn tool record. I can't wait to hear more
also, Avatar!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

El nuevo álbum "Tool" no será un álbum doble.

Das neue "Tool" -Album wird kein Doppelalbum sein

новый альбом "Tool" не будет двойным альбомом
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

rshforgothispw wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:41 am can you ask them if descending and invincible were part of the music they heard?
Nah, but I think anyone entertaining the idea that they won't be on the album is a little loopy.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

hellboy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:12 am El nuevo álbum "Tool" no será un álbum doble.

Det är med andra ord inget dubbelalbum denna gång.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I post all my secret stuff in zapf dingbats
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Imagine almost giving up a once in a lifetime opportunity just because you couldn't take your retarded pug with you
Canned audience laughter
Raffa D
of Arimathea

Post by Raffa D »

M0G wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:00 pm Jesus fucking Christ does Hellboy have to repeat this in multiple languages it is not a double album. There will be at minimum 5 songs and no more than 7. Descending is just under 12 mins. Invincible is 12 and a half. They have spoke a number of times about a 15 minute song. Those three take up half the album. If I had to bet 6 is probably the magic number with some short seques and Danny’s synth thing. If it only ends up being 5 songs one or two of them will likely be multi-part like Wings/10k Days...Lost Keys/Rosetta...D/R/T etc.

Bottom line it won’t be a short album all the songs are long I believe there was mention of them all being at or over 10 minutes although that may have just been a rumor.

This will be Tool’s last full length album. Enjoy it. Maybe we get a DVD at some point. Maybe some unreleased tracks or a Salival type release but no way they do another full album. They wasted an entire album cycle getting to this point which is such a damn shame but at least we finally have new Tool songs and Descending and Invincible are both fucking incredible.
You don't know that this will be Tool's last full length album. Because they don't know either. They will just see what the future brings. No person in this world can predict the future.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

hellboy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:12 am El nuevo álbum "Tool" no será un álbum doble.

Awesome.
So a triple one then. :lol:
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

M0G wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:00 pm Jesus fucking Christ does Hellboy have to repeat this in multiple languages it is not a double album.

This will be Tool’s last full length album.
Goddamnit Mog. You done did broked my heart.

But you're probably right. Probably.

#nope
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I'm more interested to know whether they'll do another one after the next one after the one we're getting in august.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Why are people so hung up on the 7 track thing? The impression I got from Adam at the clinic was that there were about 10 tracks plus interludes that they were sort of each working on themselves.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

TOOL'S ORIGINAL BASSIST PAUL D'AMOUR JOINS MINISTRY

Ministry have welcomed bassist Paul D'Amour as the newest member of the band's lineup. The former, founding member of Tool (who played on Nineties classics Opiate and Undertow) will first appear on Ministry's European tour, kicking off June 16th in Austria — see dates below.

In a new interview with Revolver (to be published in full shortly), Ministry main man Al Jourgensen expressed his excitement about D'Amour joining the band — "he was recently here in the studio working on some new stuff!" Jourgensen enthused — and shared the story of how they met in 1992 at Lollapalooza.

"I used to live with Timothy Leary, and he had given me these bottles of liquid LSD to bring on tour," Jourgensen told us. "I'd put two drops in my bottle of whiskey that I'd bring onstage. I'd drink about half the bottle during a show. So we were on Lollapalooza in '92, I think it was San Francisco, and when we came offstage there were these two guys who were like, 'Great show, dude!' So I gave them my bottle of Bushmills, but I forgot that I had put LSD in it. So they drank it and they were tripping balls for, like, two or three days. They didn't know what was going on and they were freaking out. They were ready to call suicidal hotlines. It turned out to be Paul and Maynard from Tool! ... But he actually thanked me for that moment because he said it really got Tool going into being a psychedelic band. Pretty cosmic, right?"

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/minis ... aul-damour
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

that is a bad ass story
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Boldizar wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:54 am Why are people so hung up on the 7 track thing? The impression I got from Adam at the clinic was that there were about 10 tracks plus interludes that they were sort of each working on themselves.
10 ideas does not equate to 10 tracks. 10 tracks doesn't even equate to 10 tracks on Tool records. They talk about 7 as a theme on the record, which could also include the number of songs on the album. Plus, we're just doing the math. If this is a single record and every song is over 10 minutes, that's probably 7 songs.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

You'll get what ya given, an that's ya lot on ya.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Wonder if they've got any surprises for the European tour. Weird to think they are coming to my country soon to play in a field not far from my house. Maybe I could invite them to pop round for a cup of tea and a nice little sit down and chat ☺️
jackob2545
My pain is just an excuse

Post by jackob2545 »

nxrm wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:02 am
ziggy23 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:09 am Image
No lying down. This is a marathon, and we're just getting warmed up. :D

I think the most difficult point will be if/when a single is released...or a leak!

Probably just going to have to keep away at that point.
Agreed nxrm! Feels like autopilot right now. Been pretty easy holding out. I am in the same boat though once official singles and possible leaks come into the mix. Going to have to go dark for a while! Silver lining to all this is I have time to set up the listening room in our first home the wife and I just bought... now to just find a way to make sure I have any money left to buy the damn album come 8/30 lol.

Stay strong!
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

for those that arent listening to the new songs, are you reading the reviews/opinions on here about the songs? and if so, dont you feel like reading enough reviews/opinions for 3-4 months will ultimately sway your personal opinion/or give you a preconceived notion before you hear the songs?

nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

brewdog123 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:25 pm for those that arent listening to the new songs, are you reading the reviews/opinions on here about the songs? and if so, dont you feel like reading enough reviews/opinions for 3-4 months will ultimately sway your personal opinion/or give you a preconceived notion before you hear the songs?
I haven't read much about the new songs, and my only take away at this point is that they sound like Tool. :D
jackob2545 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:08 pm Agreed nxrm! Feels like autopilot right now. Been pretty easy holding out. I am in the same boat though once official singles and possible leaks come into the mix. Going to have to go dark for a while! Silver lining to all this is I have time to set up the listening room in our first home the wife and I just bought... now to just find a way to make sure I have any money left to buy the damn album come 8/30 lol.

Stay strong!
Where are we at now...93 days...and counting! Ever closer.

The European tour kicks off in 4 days, and I'd bet there are going to be a few more new album details released while they're on the road.

\m/
xZ1mM3r wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:50 pm EDIT: this was my 2000th post. Wtf am I doing with my life...
Congratulations? :D
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Bill Hilly wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:57 am
Boldizar wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:54 am Why are people so hung up on the 7 track thing? The impression I got from Adam at the clinic was that there were about 10 tracks plus interludes that they were sort of each working on themselves.
10 ideas does not equate to 10 tracks. 10 tracks doesn't even equate to 10 tracks on Tool records. They talk about 7 as a theme on the record, which could also include the number of songs on the album. Plus, we're just doing the math. If this is a single record and every song is over 10 minutes, that's probably 7 songs.
^^^^ This fuck what is wrong with people when did Math stop becoming a thing.

Descending just under 12 mins
Invincible is 12 and a half mins
Blair has stated on a number of occasions there is a 15 min song.
That is between 39-40 mins...three songs take up half the album.
A CD can contain max 79 mins of music
Rumor has it all the songs on the album are over 10 mins.
So using MATH...anywhere between 5-7 songs, likely 5 with some multi-part or 6 as 7 is pushing it when you add Segues and Danny's Synth thing, which is reported to be on the album. I still don't think 7 is likely unless they changed their plans and shortened a few songs.

7 isn't so much a theme as Adam said many of the songs are in 7 in parts (time signatures)

MATH

Not sure why anyone cares whether it is 5, 6 or 7 songs. These are all long songs so the album is going to be just as large as Lateralus and 10,000 Days. It will likely push that 79 minute threshold.
The most intelligent person on this forum