Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
M0G
Lungsmen

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by M0G »

Hey only three fucking months left and we still don't have a name.

#fuckpackaging
#whileiamworkingiamwhining

Thanks Bizarro Adam

Tool fucking Tool fucking Tool :roll:
The most intelligent person on this forum
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

We already got the name: MMXIX
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

ms2r wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:29 pm We already got the name: MMXIX
That isn't the name. That was just part of that shitty twitter/facebook announcement vid.

If by chance that ends up being the name...wow...those fucks spend 13 years between albums, delay the release by months for battery powered packaging and the best name they can come up with is 2019?

Fucking Tool

Anyhoo time to go listen to Descending and Invincible it's been a few days. See I have started working off the idea that those two songs ARE in fact the new album, that way if August 30th rolls around and I am still here hey that's a bonus.

Don't just call me a pessimist try to.....bwahahaha oh god i will never be that guy :lol: :lol: :lol:
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

I've since stopped listening to those new tracks. I'm going the route of those hipster fans who want to re-experience it when the album drops.

I've also taken up wearing glasses with fake lenses and waxing my legs. Cigarettes? Get the fuck outta here. I'm vaping the fuck outta this shit.
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

snazzl3frass wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:19 pm I've since stopped listening to those new tracks. I'm going the route of those hipster fans who want to re-experience it when the album drops.

I've also taken up wearing glasses with fake lenses and waxing my legs. Cigarettes? Get the fuck outta here. I'm vaping the fuck outta this shit.
:lol: much better you than...nope nope never gonna happen :lol:
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

nxrm wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:51 pm The European tour kicks off in 4 days, and I'd bet there are going to be a few more new album details released while they're on the road.

\m/
I agree. The last time Tool was in Europe was 2007. I would be surprised if there aren't at least a couple interviews from this tour.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

2007 was the last time they were in Europe? Holy fuck and I thought my Tool balls were blue.
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

brewdog123 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:52 am that is a bad ass story
Most likely a bull shit story, but a fun read.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Boldizar wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:54 am Why are people so hung up on the 7 track thing? The impression I got from Adam at the clinic was that there were about 10 tracks plus interludes that they were sort of each working on themselves.
Tracks they are working on is not the same thing as tracks for release on the new album. I have no doubt they have plenty of material "in the works" so to speak, but a massive difference between a few ideas gestating in the Loft and what will actually be released.

I have it on very good authority there will be less tracks then many are expecting on the new album. That's tempered by the news that these fewer tracks are all longer.
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

I’m enjoying this lead up. Just finished Maynard’s book/bio. A lot of interesting nuggets in there and you can understand if not appreciate the comprehensive approach to their releases. Now digging back through my Puscifer vinyls and visiting Merkin Scottsdale at least every other weekend. I do like the Puscifer cider. I figure one month until more album details.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

hellboy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:28 pm
Boldizar wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:54 am Why are people so hung up on the 7 track thing? The impression I got from Adam at the clinic was that there were about 10 tracks plus interludes that they were sort of each working on themselves.
Tracks they are working on is not the same thing as tracks for release on the new album. I have no doubt they have plenty of material "in the works" so to speak, but a massive difference between a few ideas gestating in the Loft and what will actually be released.

I have it on very good authority there will be less tracks then many are expecting on the new album. That's tempered by the news that these fewer tracks are all longer.
Oh goody 4 or 5 songs after 13 years. Stoked!
Listen to All Them Witches
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

10k Days had what 7 songs? I bet we get 8-9 songs with “intermissions” absorbed into the tracks rather than their own track numbers. Maybe even 4 20-minute suites to conform with vinyl format.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

hellboy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:28 pm I have it on very good authority there will be less tracks then many are expecting on the new album. That's tempered by the news that these fewer tracks are all longer.
Damn, sucks for you guys that have already heard half the album already......i kid, i kid.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Takeo wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:04 pm 10k Days had what 7 songs? I bet we get 8-9 songs with “intermissions” absorbed into the tracks rather than their own track numbers. Maybe even 4 20-minute suites to conform with vinyl format.
My bet is 5 "songs". As far as tracks go, I suspect 3 segues on top of that, and perhaps one or two of the "songs' broken into two parts. 10 "tracks" is my prediction
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

this has been a slow month cause of the wait for this and that etc etc. its nice to hear two new songs but i hope June goes by faster and people stop worrying about it so much! :S
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

10,000 Days was pretty much 6 "songs" (3 songs broken into 2 parts) with 2 seques. Not that different.

Vicarious
Jambi
Wings 1 & 2
The Pot
LK/RS
Intension/Right in Two
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Intension and Right In Two are separate songs imo.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

The two new songs blew my fucking tits off, way past vicarious ever did. Or Jambi. Or Rosetta for that matter. The break down in Rosetta/intension/right in two are my favorite parts of 10kd. But this is a goddamn scream from the core. Aenima up-chuck is making me tear up, but I couldn't be happier
also, Avatar!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

You fucking cunts want a new record, you got it
also, Avatar!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

You fucking cunts want new tool, you got it
also, Avatar!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

hellboy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:03 pm Intension and Right In Two are separate songs imo.
Really?? I see Intension being more connected to RI2 than disposition is to reflection. The songs are clearly connected from a lyrical theme. Spark becomes a flame, forge a blade to slay the stranger etc. Was kinda surprised when they started playing it as it's own song to be honest.
Listen to All Them Witches
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Don't die yet <3
also, Avatar!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Intension and writeinttoo are definitely two different songs
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:54 pm
hellboy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:03 pm Intension and Right In Two are separate songs imo.
Really?? I see Intension being more connected to RI2 than disposition is to reflection. The songs are clearly connected from a lyrical theme. Spark becomes a flame, forge a blade to slay the stranger etc. Was kinda surprised when they started playing it as it's own song to be honest.
Sure there's a lyrical connection, but it's pretty clearly a different song. It's not like Reflection leading into Disposition or anything.