Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Busty McCracken »

hellboy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:02 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:54 pm
hellboy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:03 pm Intension and Right In Two are separate songs imo.
Really?? I see Intension being more connected to RI2 than disposition is to reflection. The songs are clearly connected from a lyrical theme. Spark becomes a flame, forge a blade to slay the stranger etc. Was kinda surprised when they started playing it as it's own song to be honest.
Sure there's a lyrical connection, but it's pretty clearly a different song. It's not like Reflection leading into Disposition or anything.
The synth that finishes Intension can be still be heard ringing out at the start of Right in two. Considering that lyrically the themes of the two songs are clearly connected and that musically one song rings into the next, I don't see how theyre clearly different songs or less connected than disposition / reflection myself.
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I think the synth bleeding into RIT is more of a coincidence than an affirmation the tracks are one.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

5 songs would be kind of a bummer, even at 79 minutes. That's 5 ideas explored instead of 7, which would be more ideal. For example, I'd like something meditative like Disposition and Intension, something to trip to like Third Eye or Reflection, and something bright like Lateralus. Obviously, I'm at fault for having such expectations, but 5 songs make those expectations even more unlikely.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

hellboy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:12 pm I think the synth bleeding into RIT is more of a coincidence than an affirmation the tracks are one.
A coincidence?? Well now you're just taking the piss mate
Listen to All Them Witches
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Second half of descending is flooring me like schism did the first time. I can't wait to hear the following tune.
also, Avatar!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

When/where was it said 4 or 5 tracks
also, Avatar!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Why in the *fuck* are you sniffing for the dead end
also, Avatar!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

gamebounty wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:13 pm 5 songs would be kind of a bummer, even at 79 minutes. That's 5 ideas explored instead of 7, which would be more ideal. For example, I'd like something meditative like Disposition and Intension, something to trip to like Third Eye or Reflection, and something bright like Lateralus. Obviously, I'm at fault for having such expectations, but 5 songs make those expectations even more unlikely.
Track length and ideas are an interesting discussion. While I'd be pretty comfortable with 5 Third Eye's I doubt this will be the case. Descending and Invincible, as much as I like them are long variations on a theme - imagine say Schism extended to 10+ minutes. While the likes of Third Eye and Rosetta Stoned are a bit more epic in their songwriting scope.

I hope we get a both of both "styles" in the 5-6 tracks we see.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

First album in a decade & we can't get a little excited about what's to come?
also, Avatar!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

5-6 tracks <3
also, Avatar!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

1 track broken up into 5 sections kinda like 2112
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

trilobite wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:27 pm First album in a decade & we can't get a little excited about what's to come?
I'm super excited for over 60 minutes of new Tool music, regardless of how many tracks there are.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

I will love this album.
LeoMonzo
Bronco's Fan

Post by LeoMonzo »

Do you think tool will mini tour US during Nov|dec ? I remember they use to play Las Vegas during the end of the year on previous tours. Maybe California?
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

5-6 fucking tracks huh.
also, Avatar!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Tool will be touring later this year - that's a sure thing. It won't be just a mini tour though
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Tell me you're not excited about new Tool Hellboy.
also, Avatar!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

& how many tracks
also, Avatar!
LeoMonzo
Bronco's Fan

Post by LeoMonzo »

hellboy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:50 pm Tool will be touring later this year - that's a sure thing. It won't be just a mini tour though
Right, seems logic due the album release date. Fingers crossed.

Regarding the tracks, yes, 5 tracks, one synth only song and 2 Harry manbacks audios would be my guess.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I shouldn't post shit. In retrospect aye.
also, Avatar!
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

All good brother. You're drunk on Tool. It's a beautiful thing.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

The new album is far worth the wait. Descending finishes better than I could've hoped for. If you loved Lateralus, you're in for new album
also, Avatar!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

It's been wonderfully repetitive to Jack each other off.
also, Avatar!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Do any of you remember Tool.
also, Avatar!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:27 pm
gamebounty wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:13 pm 5 songs would be kind of a bummer, even at 79 minutes. That's 5 ideas explored instead of 7, which would be more ideal. For example, I'd like something meditative like Disposition and Intension, something to trip to like Third Eye or Reflection, and something bright like Lateralus. Obviously, I'm at fault for having such expectations, but 5 songs make those expectations even more unlikely.
Track length and ideas are an interesting discussion. While I'd be pretty comfortable with 5 Third Eye's I doubt this will be the case. Descending and Invincible, as much as I like them are long variations on a theme - imagine say Schism extended to 10+ minutes. While the likes of Third Eye and Rosetta Stoned are a bit more epic in their songwriting scope.

I hope we get a both of both "styles" in the 5-6 tracks we see.

Don’t really agree in the case of Invincible in particular it fits more in line with a Rosetta type epic scope with multiple sections. Descending is more a talent showcase, particularly the second half. Tyson made an interesting analysis when he said the second half of Descending is like a best of Tool in the best possible way and I tend to agree. It isn’t that I think Descending sounds like any previous song rather it just feels like a showcase of everything Tool does so incredibly well as a band musically. Technical prowess with an insane amount of creativity. In those nearly 12 minutes it never feels like they are just being technical for the sake of being technical the song is dripping with creativity.

These two songs so far just feel like where Tool should be at this point at their age in their career. There is a maturity to these songs that just makes sense right now. The lyrics are not esoteric but they are extremely thoughtful and fit the songs. Again what I would expect from Maynard at 55 on a Tool track.

I do imagine you will get your wish on that 15 minute track. A track that long is going to have a lot going on and knowing Tool I would wager it will be an epic song.
The most intelligent person on this forum