Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
PulsedHalo
Has been

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by PulsedHalo »

lmao....read the setlist on the bottom of the article!

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/see-t ... bUSwVHHmWo
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

PulsedHalo wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:38 pm lmao....read the setlist on the bottom of the article!

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/see-t ... bUSwVHHmWo
For those stunned and driven away by Revolver's ad assault:

Here's what the full show looked like, courtesy of Setlist.com:

1. Ænema
2. The Pot
3. Parabol
4. Parabola
5. Descending
6. Schism (w/ extended Bridge)
7. Invincible
8. Intolerance
9. Jambi
10. Forty Six & 2
11. Play Video
12. Vicarious (w/ extended Intro)
13. (-) Ions
14. Stinkfist (w/ extended Bridge)
15. Dancing Queen (ABBA cover)

:lol:
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

CC trip is missing, should be added.

Don't they always play Abba at the end.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

During the quiet parts of 10,000 Days I was the guy in the crowd going 'clap, clap . . clap, clap clap clap . . clap, clap, clap, clap, MARIE!' worked well with the beat imo
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

THAT WAS YOU IN SYDNEY! son of a bitch gave me the clap
Listen to All Them Witches
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

brewdog123 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:33 pm ill just say it. there is a large percentage of tool fans that are just pure trash. i know its not a revelation, but..

just needed to get that off my chest.
A large percentage of humanity is pure trash. You can slot and categorize as you see fit.

Re Marie/Wings, I appreciate the personal emotion poured into them. But at the same time, I've always found them monotonous and yes, boring, and tend to skip them when listening to 10k (never experienced live). There's a difference between respecting the art yet not enjoying the songs. It isn't an insult.
Fartypants_McGee
Bronco's Fan

Post by Fartypants_McGee »

brewdog123 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:33 pm ill just say it. there is a large percentage of tool fans that are just pure trash. i know its not a revelation, but..

You said it, brother. Maybe it's just that I'm getting older, but I caught them with a few friends in Louisville, and our general observation about the crowd was that there were a LOT of people there who needed a hug, and a shower. And not necessarily in that order.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

Takeo wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:28 pm

A large percentage of humanity is pure trash. You can slot and categorize as you see fit.

Re Marie/Wings, I appreciate the personal emotion poured into them. But at the same time, I've always found them monotonous and yes, boring, and tend to skip them when listening to 10k (never experienced live). There's a difference between respecting the art yet not enjoying the songs. It isn't an insult.
So yelling and talking during a quiet song is cool with you? Remind me to not sit in your section. I guess i have more respect for artists that i enjoy. Call me old fashioned
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

The Prague show was a fucking blast, a FUCKING BLAST, hell yeah. I'm dead now. Dead and drunk.

PulsedHalo wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:38 pm
15. Dancing Queen (ABBA cover)

:lol:
I was dancing to this song right after the concert :mrgreen:
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Prague poster (06/04 – Prague, CZ @ O2 Arena)

Gonna frame it.

13 years since the last album came out.
12 years since the last time they toured Europe.
What a show, what a night!!! HOLY SHIT.
- You like noisy music?
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Love the pulsing heptagram? made by the lights at the 10 minute mark - never noticed this before:

Primate
Maynard Believer

Post by Primate »

Hall of Mirrors reminds me of TheNewAlbumIsHere. I´m tempted to quote the guy, but I refrain.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

brewdog123 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:47 pm
Takeo wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:28 pm

So yelling and talking during a quiet song is cool with you? Remind me to not sit in your section. I guess i have more respect for artists that i enjoy. Call me old fashioned
I wasn't addressing that point. Talking or yelling at a show isn't something I'm invested in...wouldn't do it myself, but can't control it and don't worry about it. The band is far beyond that stuff. My point was that I don't care much for Marie/Wings yet still appreciate and respect them. A distinction worth noting.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

I get it now. I misunderstood
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I remember when some asshole kept shining MJK in the face with a laser pointer during Wings. He just walked off stage and let the band play the instrumental.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

it isnt anything new. the 06 'warm up tour' everyone thought was just gonna be the ''the hits'' but they continued to play that set for 2 years straight give or take a few songs. adding wings/10k changed it in a better way but that songs kind of boring imo. then when they played in 09 it was basically the same which was lame.
you are not the only one that thought it was boring. ive never heard a crowd talk so much than during 10,000/wings, which sucks because it is a relatively quiet song. obviously MJK took notice as well as they havent played it since that tour and this snippit in a interview:

In retrospect, Keenan regrets pouring his private pain into the album. "I think probably the stupidest thing I could have done on 10,000 Days was put myself out there as much as I did with the tracks 'Wings for Marie (Part 1)' and '10,000 Days (Wings Part 2),'" he explained. "I'll never make that mistake again. It just took too much out of me – too much emotionally, mentally, physically – all those manifestations. Those songs were exploited and misconstrued, people were flippant and dismissive. I won't be doing that anymore. And technically, 'Wings' is very difficult to pull off. If any one of us is off, it falls apart and makes that thing tragic, and that's not a good song for me to have fall apart. It's just too personal."

too bad people were such turds when it came to this song and they could not respect a man that they claim to enjoy/love that is pouring his heart and soul out there. id love to hear this song again, but wouldnt want it ruined by the turds

and you wonder why MJK is an asshole to the fans....

so the trolls are coming along these days ? just cause i said i didnt like the song that much has nothing to do with what it means or being disrespectful/talking at any show for that matter. i dont do that. just like Takeo was saying he doesnt either.

and figures, M kind of blames fans. how would he know anyway? he doesnt give a first look at any fan. bahah oh, maybe the camera flashes going off at the show ? prob something like that.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Can't wait to hear the album version.
also, Avatar!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Looking forward to it
also, Avatar!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:00 pm Love the pulsing heptagram? made by the lights at the 10 minute mark - never noticed this before:

Fantastic vid really captures Danny man he is fantastic on Descending. I absolutely love that fucking song the level of creativity and pure talent mind blowing. Nothing feels out of place. No filler or unnecessary sections the song feels just right and that is something Tool nails time and again. The song couldn’t be any longer or any shorter. Tool just have a knack for knowing exactly what each song needs and where they want to go with every composition.

Tool is what happens when technical prowess, creativity, and imagination all meld together into something that moves you. It is the highest praise I can offer the band.

Enough praise back to bitching about plastic and delays.

Love you Busty ;)
The most intelligent person on this forum
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Why the hell aren't these on Tool Archive yet? After the Birmingham audio I can't believe the Florida ones still stood. These Berlin videos are the best yet!

(I kid, TA, I keeed)

Ahhh, Infotainment!
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

limeygringo wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:03 am Why the hell aren't these on Tool Archive yet? After the Birmingham audio I can't believe the Florida ones still stood. These Berlin videos are the best yet!

(I kid, TA, I keeed)

Them lasers are fuckin wicked!
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

I'm going to have a treasure trove of live videos to check out once this new album is released. :D
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

So did they really play that ABBA song?
I forgot my pen
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

limeygringo wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:03 am Why the hell aren't these on Tool Archive yet? After the Birmingham audio I can't believe the Florida ones still stood. These Berlin videos are the best yet!

(I kid, TA, I keeed)

Can anyone tell what is going on with Danny's part during the verses? He's clearly keeping time in 3/4 on the wavedrum with his right hand, snare on 7 in the song's 7/8, with some bass drums around, but in between these things you hear percussion that sounds like it would be pad samples, but his hands clearly seem to be doing nothing else.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.