Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
junior
Green Herbsman

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by junior »

lukas wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:01 am Junior, is it you?
Yes. Next to Fred.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

junior wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:40 am Yes. Next to Fred.
:D
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

rshforgothispw wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:14 am
inequitude wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:17 am Last night was awesome. The new songs are rad af. Totally worth it. They play something between cctrip and vicarious for a couple mins I think it’s part of a new song check it out
Got any footage of this?

Adam played a clean strumming part back when he streamed vicarious I wonder if it is that same riff.

The new part Adam plays in invincible is awesome this is so exciting!
No footage - I just remember when they came back on after the intermission/CCtrip there was some distinctly new sounding stuff they played for a minute or two, similar to how in Lataralus era the intro for Wings was doodled with I guess.

Also - I know it's been said but the intermission is such a weird thing - they all just head off and the lights come on. For 10 minutes.
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

nxrm wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:11 am
inequitude wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:37 am Had quite a unique view - sat in an empty area by myself almost behind the stage on a balcony - security were cool with it. Went to say hi to junior after but they’d roped off the GA floor by the time I got down.
Sounds like a very cool experience. What was the sound like from that area though?
Yeah dude. The sound was pretty good actually - there was a smaller stack of speakers facing each side of the arena, on top of the main ones which face GA. It was cool to see the lazers dance around ('terminate' - I'm learning) on the foot of the stage where they play from where I was watching, which I think in nearly every other POV you would't get to see it like that.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

inequitude wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:58 pm Yeah dude. The sound was pretty good actually - there was a smaller stack of speakers facing each side of the arena, on top of the main ones which face GA. It was cool to see the lazers dance around ('terminate' - I'm learning) on the foot of the stage where they play from where I was watching, which I think in nearly every other POV you would't get to see it like that.
Right on, glad to hear the sound was good. Looking down onto the stage from that angle would definitely give you a new perspective on the entire show as well. Seeing the guys interact with each other, with the crew, and getting to see the crowd's reaction...very cool.

When I go to big shows like this, and if i'm on the floor, I'll turn away from the stage and face the crowd for a moment to see what it looks like from the band's perspective. The person sitting directly behind me is always puzzled. :lol:
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

inequitude wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:54 pm Also - I know it's been said but the intermission is such a weird thing - they all just head off and the lights come on. For 10 minutes.
Hey Junior, any inside information you can share on why the intermission happens the way it does?

Instead of keeping the lights lowered and some Tool-ish music playing while the guys take a break what's with the silence and turning the lights back on?
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

inequitude wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:54 pm
rshforgothispw wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:14 am
inequitude wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:17 am Last night was awesome. The new songs are rad af. Totally worth it. They play something between cctrip and vicarious for a couple mins I think it’s part of a new song check it out
Got any footage of this?

Adam played a clean strumming part back when he streamed vicarious I wonder if it is that same riff.

The new part Adam plays in invincible is awesome this is so exciting!
No footage - I just remember when they came back on after the intermission/CCtrip there was some distinctly new sounding stuff they played for a minute or two, similar to how in Lataralus era the intro for Wings was doodled with I guess.

Also - I know it's been said but the intermission is such a weird thing - they all just head off and the lights come on. For 10 minutes.
i've noticed this as well...i think thats the oriental-ish sounding stuff that has been mentioned before. i liked it though
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

nxrm wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:46 pm
inequitude wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:54 pm Also - I know it's been said but the intermission is such a weird thing - they all just head off and the lights come on. For 10 minutes.
Hey Junior, any inside information you can share on why the intermission happens the way it does?

Instead of keeping the lights lowered and some Tool-ish music playing while the guys take a break what's with the silence and turning the lights back on?
Yep, for me this killed the atmosphere. Felt like BOOM, concert is over.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Spoonman wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:12 pm

A fan asked Adam this at one of the VIP sessions and he responded 'it's not about you'. Make of that what you will.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

One of the members has terrible IBS
Canned audience laughter
unclejackson
My pain is just an excuse

Post by unclejackson »

Tool_User wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:38 pm

A fan asked Adam this at one of the VIP sessions and he responded 'it's not about you'. Make of that what you will.
I remember this question. I think the question wasn't very clear and/or it was misinterpreted.

Adam answered the question by defending the existence an intermission. Whereas I think the person asking the question was more interested in how the intermission was presented.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

unclejackson wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:45 pm

I remember this question. I think the question wasn't very clear and/or it was misinterpreted.

Adam answered the question by defending the existence an intermission. Whereas I think the person asking the question was more interested in how the intermission was presented.
Oh right I thought it was more along the lines of the way they do it kind of kills the mood but I have got a bad memory so I'm probably wrong.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

The last time they played Australia they did the weird intermission thing but what was worse was no opening act and playing generic dance music before the band came on.
Canned audience laughter
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Oh right I thought he got defensive because the fan was implying the way they do it kind of killed the mood but I have got a bad memory so I'm probably wrong.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

That was meant to be an edit. I should go to bed now.
unclejackson

Post by unclejackson »

How the intermission was presented was certainly the intention of the question, for sure. The question just wasn't clearly stated and/or misinterpreted.
unclejackson

Post by unclejackson »

Forget who asked it, though it was definitely someone on these forums. Maybe they could chime in?
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Well apparently he hasn't been heard from since he complained about it on the Internet. Make of that what you will.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Tool_User wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:55 pm

Oh right I thought he got defensive because the fan was implying the way they do it kind of killed the mood but I have got a bad memory so I'm probably wrong.
Fuck Adam I don't care how the question was asked. First off if you are paying 500 bucks for a fucking VIP experience you can ask whatever goddamn question you want. Secondly the live show is ENTIRELY about the fans. Tool wouldn't tour dive bars for chump change they are making crazy money. Typical Adam bullshit.

See a normal person would have answered the question in a normal way. Maybe explaining they needed a break or Maynard needed a break for his voice or an equipment change, etc. Maybe explain what kinds of changes go into the visual side or if they have things they need to adjust or tweak. Provide an actual answer rather than just it isn't about you.

Adam and Maynard both live in these dream worlds where they think the millions and millions they have made have absolutely nothing to do with fans at all. I guess it is easy to forget the early days in those dive bars where fans go to every show and bring their friends and buy copies of cds for other friends and spread word of mouth. You know all the shit that gets a band off and running. Or the fans that have put up with their bullshit excuses for delays that have largely been about having a poor work ethic and living off greatest hits tours until they finally got around to actually getting something done when they felt like it.

Adam and Maynard just need to keep their mouth shut and let Danny do all the talking for the band. Danny might be a little too optimistic at times but he actually knows how to communicate with people and he genuinely treats fans with respect. He is not going to kiss anyones ass but he doesn't seem as delusional as the rest.
The most intelligent person on this forum
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

unclejackson wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:45 pm I remember this question. I think the question wasn't very clear and/or it was misinterpreted.

If an intermission is needed, so be it. The count down timer is nice, so folks know how long they have to get a drink, hit the merch table, etc., but the lights up and silence after rocking out for so long really messes with the overall vibe.

Thanks for sharing Adam's response when asked about it.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Interesting Reddit post (note possible spoilers):
► Show Spoiler
No idea regarding auithenticity of the claims though.
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

I was just checking to see if anyone saw it. Interesting but I’m a bit skeptical though because it goes against what we heard about album length. Right?
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

► Show Spoiler
Oh yeah, they are hilarious, what the FUCK?

Also I'm calling BS
Canned audience laughter
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

I don't trust this woman.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

Yeah the lyrics are what a 3 week Tool fan would write after hearing Invincible and Descending.

If it turns out to be true, I take back my praise of Jimmy.
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.