Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

limeygringo wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:46 pm I don't plainly believe everything I read online, but I find this believable as much as I am skeptical about it. And the post being deleted just makes me believe it more, though I have absolutely no hopes or expectations regarding it's authenticity.
It wasn't removed because the band have asked to take it down or anything, so you can rule out that.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

While I don't believe Tool will actually be livestreamed, this site claims that there will be on for their next show at the Rock Am Ring festival:

http://www.general-anzeiger-bonn.de/reg ... 71127.html
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

► Show Spoiler
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Primate
Maynard Believer

Post by Primate »

The gender of OP makes no difference to me.
What makes the thing implausible for me is the approval of the ´boyfriend´ to spill the beans. But why mention that then? Writing that backfires in credibility. Why would troll do that.
What gets me is ´her´ mentioning the surprises Descending and Invincible have in store. After hearing those songs live, my gut feeling told me ´No, this is not the composition.´ The more I revisit the songs on the tube, the more convinced I get. Those supposed surprises are info that´s not rehashed from what we´ve known so far. Of all the people complaining about or praising the new songs, I didn´t come across any info or even opinion about the tracks being light versions of the original compositions.
The stuff about Maynards intention or motivation behind the lyrics could be the ´boyfriend´s´ interpretation.

You can tell I want it to be true.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

The mentioning of the second half of Descending being instrumental has been discussed ad nauseam on this very forum. There is nothing in that post that makes it any more believable than any other troll post in the last 6 months from r/cesstool.
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Post by thekillingjoke »

hellboy wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:05 pm While I don't believe Tool will actually be livestreamed, this site claims that there will be on for their next show at the Rock Am Ring festival:

Not saying there definitely won't be a stream, but I think the Rock Am Ring people in the past have announced a stream and/or recording of a prior Tool show there and withdrawn the announcement at a later point, because the band didn't want it. That said, come 11 p.m. I'll definitely be curious.
Primate
Maynard Believer

Post by Primate »

Bill Hilly wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:22 pm instrumental
I might be imagining things, but I hear more stuff missing and being replaced live than just that obvious instrumental part. If it was just that, ´leaker girl´ would´ve been more believable to speak of lyrics instead of surprises.
When that synth comes in to merely suggest another dimension of sound but does nothing. Or that other part where the song grinds to a long halt and they go into repeat. Lots of potential placeholders for surprises of any kind.
I´m not even convinced those tracks are on the album, and I´ll gladly accept facepalms for that.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

I haven't even listened to the songs, because I'm holding out for August 30th. But I'm going to have to give you a facepalm for that.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I'm ok that Descending is half instrumental - that instrumental half is pretty great. The live version does feel to me like it's missing something though, and I suspect that something is some additional guitar layers and such they just haven't really worked out how to add live. Same goes with Invincible, and the recent addition that happened a couple of nights ago.

I don't think we'll see a surprise ending to Descending on the album where Maynard starts singing.
Primate
Maynard Believer

Post by Primate »

Bill Hilly wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:40 pm I haven't even listened to the songs, because I'm holding out for August 30th. But I'm going to have to give you a facepalm for that.
Dude, I usually take pride in being the last guy to spoil a fella, I sincerely apologize if i did. I refused to listen to the cellphone crap as well until I saw them live a couple of days ago. I hope I didn´t take anything away from you.
Thank you for your facepalm. I would´ve preferred one with a little more style, like the picard one, or jack nicholson rolling his eyes, but I like your dry one just as well.
hellboy wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:48 pm I don't think we'll see a surprise ending to Descending on the album where Maynard starts singing.
I´d like to hear the teased grunts n squeals in that ending. Did ´she´ mention yodeling?
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Primate wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:00 pm
Dude, I usually take pride in being the last guy to spoil a fella, I sincerely apologize if i did. I refused to listen to the cellphone crap as well until I saw them live a couple of days ago. I hope I didn´t take anything away from you.
Thank you for your facepalm. I would´ve preferred one with a little more style, like the picard one, or jack nicholson rolling his eyes, but I like your dry one just as well.
No worries, Primate. You didn't spoil anything. I'm enjoying reading everyone's descriptions for these new tunes. It's all I have until T-Day. Welcome to Fourtheye btw.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Descending and Invincible sound complete to me, you guys are insane and asking to be disappointed. Tool changing their songs in a live setting is nothing new.
Canned audience laughter
Primate
Maynard Believer

Post by Primate »

Bill Hilly wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:04 pm Welcome
Thank you so much! After lurking for an eternity, I´m dipping my toes.
Primate
Maynard Believer

Post by Primate »

tys0n wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:12 pm insane
Yes.
tys0n wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:12 pm Tool changing their songs in a live setting is nothing new.
In advance?
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

You guys ever think it's futile to speculate about what direction a situation will take before it happens. Because you're not directing the situation
also, Avatar!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

tys0n wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:12 pm Descending and Invincible sound complete to me, you guys are insane and asking to be disappointed. Tool changing their songs in a live setting is nothing new.
I currently think the songs are great, so not convinced I'll be disappointed.
Primate
Maynard Believer

Post by Primate »

trilobite wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:31 pm You guys ever think it's futile to speculate about what direction a situation will take before it happens. Because you're not directing the situation
Imagining the future is pretty essential, don´t you agree? It´s what humans do.
hellboy wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:34 pm
tys0n wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:12 pm asking to be disappointed
I currently think the songs are great, so not convinced I'll be disappointed.
No way the record could in any way disappoint me. I can´t wait. The anticipation has me feeling like a teenager again, like it was 1996 or 2001.
I just finished reading Neil Youngs ´Waging Heavy Peace´, and what he has to say about expectations of a fanbase is very interesting. I´m glad to´ve gotten an artists POV on that matter.
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

thekillingjoke wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:30 pm
hellboy wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:05 pm While I don't believe Tool will actually be livestreamed, this site claims that there will be on for their next show at the Rock Am Ring festival:

Not saying there definitely won't be a stream, but I think the Rock Am Ring people in the past have announced a stream and/or recording of a prior Tool show there and withdrawn the announcement at a later point, because the band didn't want it. That said, come 11 p.m. I'll definitely be curious.
I remember one time it was announced on TV and right before the time Tool started, the cameras turned off/turned to some people doing random interviews.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Spoonman wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:38 am
thekillingjoke wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:30 pm

I remember one time it was announced on TV and right before the time Tool started, the cameras turned off/turned to some people doing random interviews.
I seem to remember at a US festival I assume in the last couple of years there was a late announcement that Tool wouldn't be streaming after all. I expect it will be the case at Rock Am Ring as well
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

why would the band even invite people to play the album now that is has been finished and gone through mastering? it made sense before they hit the studio, but why would they even do that now? and why would they re-arrange the songs? lets say you were in Tool, why da fahq would you risk a potential bootleg and thus album leak? I call BS.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Exactly. Rubik's cubing? Fuck outta here. You think this band, that has taken 13 years to write a record, would have the time to invent a new way to perform their music live - called cubing?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I thought the rubik cube comment was more about the so called double album, as in the songs randomly shuffle position whenever you play it, which I dopn't think is possible on CD and obviously not on Vinyl
Canned audience laughter
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Either way, this rubik's cubing thing sounds like more horseshit than the double album rumor.
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Post by thekillingjoke »

The company providing the Rock am Ring streams (MagentaMusik 360) has clarified on its FB page - no Tool stream.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

trilobite wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:31 pm You guys ever think it's futile to speculate about what direction a situation will take before it happens. Because you're not directing the situation
Nah, it's just fun. To take speculations seriously, that is futile.
Ahhh, Infotainment!