Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Bill Hilly »

hellboy wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:46 pm Invincible has some stellar bass work. Probably the best bass driven Tool song since Schism.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

71 Days, 21 Hours, 30 Minutes, 30 Seconds.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Bill Hilly wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:27 pm :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

71 Days, 21 Hours, 30 Minutes, 30 Seconds.
It's going to be so awesome! Hang in there man!
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Big call but not going to argue with it. I remember listening to Jambi & Wings 2 especially on first listen and being blown away by both of those songs so have a special love for those two from 10K days, but yeah Invincible has got one hell of an impressive groove to it. I was trying to find the notes and trying stuff much harder than what it is. Once I found the notes I was sitting there in disbelief at how easy and simple it is. Literally a beginner player could get that but maaaan.. What a lick!
Listen to All Them Witches
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

I do hope that when the Aussie tour comes around, and the album is released, we actually get the play through. That would be awesome.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

And it will be. Waiting heightens the joy.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Mods are deleting listening party rumours?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Oh, limeygringo just deleted his post. What are you trying to hide?
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

I love invincible but the bootleg bass solo doesn’t have me sold yet. As of now it doesn’t hold a candle to schism. That song is still king. The little thing Justin was playing at NAMM was really cool though and I hope that is somewhere on the album.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

I think people waste too much time comparing the new stuff to the old. Just take this stuff in for what it is. And for me at least it is really fucking good. Descending and Invincible are so creative and just feel perfect for Tool at this point in their career. These are the kinds of songs I hoped for but didn’t think we would see. Plus let’s keep in mind the larger composition the bass line might not be highly complex but it is highly creative. When you look at the entire composition Invincible is a very complex piece of music.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeah when I was talking about it's simplicity it was as a compliment mate. They make the simple sound absolutely incredible.

Well Danny is just a flat out freak and it all sounds ridiculous but justin and Adam are so simple with their approach but make it sound amazing. That is a massive talent to have
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

It's got all of tools signature sounds so it sounds like them but it's also the sound of a bunch of professionals in their prime who have got their shit down well and truly. Couldn't ask for more it's gonna be fucking great.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

hellboy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:43 am Oh, limeygringo just deleted his post. What are you trying to hide?
I'll tell if someone fills me in on those deleted rumors on reddit. It's only fair. :D
Ahhh, Infotainment!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

limeygringo wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:17 am
hellboy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:43 am Oh, limeygringo just deleted his post. What are you trying to hide?
I'll tell if someone fills me in on those deleted rumors on reddit. It's only fair. :D
There was nothing else posted on reddit other than what I posted here AFAIK
hellboy wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:57 am According to a recent Reddit post there's a new album listening event for European media happening either tonight, or has happened recently. I expect an embargo will prevent any reviews getting out, but maybe we'll here some snippets of info in the coming days.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

hellboy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:50 am
limeygringo wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:17 am
There was nothing else posted on reddit other than what I posted here AFAIK
hellboy wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:57 am According to a recent Reddit post there's a new album listening event for European media happening either tonight, or has happened recently. I expect an embargo will prevent any reviews getting out, but maybe we'll here some snippets of info in the coming days.
Oh ok, cool. Yeah, some posts keep getting deleted and the responses say "oh that's just a rumor". Seems odd.

My original post compared that to a bonfire of 2 Live Crew albums from Tipper Gore, or something of that nature. I was drunk when I posted it. That and something about Chöd being a trigger word around here.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

Alright last pic of me and stuff - Adi Granov VIP pin smashed into a Peak Design backpack my GF is ambassador for... and a piercing cause... it's cool. On a scale of one to good times, the last fortnight for me going to Vienna and meeting cool folk, traversing back via SEAsia to see family in a stupidly long time, and just the phenomenal banter on here the last month has been rad. Hope we can all meet one day at the Adelaide Oval.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 9.57.01 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 9.57.01 PM.jpg (128.37 KiB) Viewed 8651 times
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

limeygringo wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:02 am Oh ok, cool. Yeah, some posts keep getting deleted and the responses say "oh that's just a rumor". Seems odd.
No posts deleted here. On Reddit there were some posts deleted by the users, not by mods. Despite all the rumour deletions and such, it's my understanding that the listening event did take place.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

hellboy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:25 am
No posts deleted here. On Reddit there were some posts deleted by the users, not by mods. Despite all the rumour deletions and such, it's my understanding that the listening event did take place.
Ok, gotcha. And for the record, I know you wouldn't be doing that here. I definitely believe the listening party took place.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Apparently due to a bad reaction from the press at the listening party they have decided to scrap it and start again. 🥴
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

stfu
OLDGREG
Maynard Believer

Post by OLDGREG »

lol what
Tool_User wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:24 am Apparently due to a bad reaction from the press at the listening party they have decided to scrap it and start again. 🥴
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

13 years, pt II :D
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
novaconda
My pain is just an excuse

Post by novaconda »

Hey Junior-- this doesn't warrant a long answer, but do you feel like certain songs call for the same lighting motifs and colors? I've always noticed that typically stinkfist and aenema have always had blue and green combinations. Lots of deep purples for lateralus era songs. Do you put into account the colors mainly used in album art while doing lighting design for the live gigs?
The last mile is the one you really need to make.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

And the ants during Invincible on the video screens! Rance!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Can I just ask why anyone cares about a listening party? If such a thing occurred there would be NDAs out of the asshole so nothing is leaking. No recording devices would have been allowed. And it is not like this is the first time Tool have played the new album for anyone. A number of people have heard it. Tom Morello comes to mind. A number of others have tweeted about it. The only fucking mystery is why in the hell we don't know the name of the album and why in the hell we can't pre-order the damn thing yet.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

OLDGREG wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:54 am lol what
Tool_User wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:24 am Apparently due to a bad reaction from the press at the listening party they have decided to scrap it and start again. 🥴
It's called humour Greg. He was being whitty in case you didn't quite pick up what he was putting down