Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
bob
Toast

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by bob »

earthrocker wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:55 am
ms2r wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:40 am From Blair on toolband
On “Bourdain Day” (would have been his 63rd orbit around the sun), LaraLee has a Double Double “Animal Style”, even though I was hoping for a Bootleggers dinner.
Referring double and bootleg in one sentence. Ooooohhhhh
Blair's just yanking everyone's chain....
see, this is where i get a bit annoyed. screw the cryptic messages for once. if Blair has something to say by the end of this month/start of july, just say it. double double,bootleg. come on dude!

lachrymology is also real. still waiting to here what he meant by that after i said it was pure b.s and everyone knew it already ;)
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Tell em bob this smoke and mirror magical mystery tour bullshit is old. Stop fucking around and make normal fucking announcements like normal fucking bands do.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

Normal bands announce album details 2-3 months out. Normal bands also drop albums out of nowhere. With Tool, we've already heard two new songs and have a solid release date. More details in July. There's no mystery here. It's on a normal track, other than a supposed ~one month delay for packaging which is rather insignificant. Any frustration pertains to the last decade, not this album release cycle.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Horseshit take your apologist drivel and shove it this album release cycle is a fucking joke. Delayed for months because of a battery in plastic disc packaging. Little to no communication during the entire process with a random release date tossed up and no album name. Drivel and nonsense. At this point the album should be available for pre-order and at least one single available for digital purchase.

Fuck Tool and their bullshit.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Bottom line they hit the studio last fucking April and the album isn't out until August 30th it is fucking pathetic
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

But on the bright side, it could have been next year or the year after that. It's happening this year. Let's be thankful. Lett get excited. We have no idea what is coming and I am loving it. It's part of the fun to be completely in the dark. Don't pretend like you ever expected any different.
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

children wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:53 pm But on the bright side, it could have been next year or the year after that. It's happening this year. Let's be thankful. Lett get excited. We have no idea what is coming and I am loving it. It's part of the fun to be completely in the dark. Don't pretend like you ever expected any different.
No being in the dark is not fun it is dull, inane and ridiculous. They are all in their 50's the mysterious act has run it's course. Clear, concise information and updates.

Now onto the positive I like the little guitar part Adam has added into Invincible. I am curious as to why he just now added it. I wonder if that is what is on the album and if it was just a section he was having trouble transitioning to or something along those lines. It would be bizarre so say the least if they just started adding things to songs that won't end up on the album. The songs they are playing should be accurate reflections of what we can expect to hear on the album.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Yeah I was wondering about that too. Very strange. You really have to sit back and laugh at how ridiculous it all is. They must be enjoying themselves by how much we scrutizine every little thing they do. You have to put yourself in the their shoes. If you have been putting up with people making a fuss over every detail that goes on in your life, you would want to give as little as possible to the public. They are just a group of guys that make music and yet people put so much pressure on them to constantly satisfy them. Of course they would just not bother after decades of being harassed, yes harassed.
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

M0G wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:09 pm
children wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:53 pm But on the bright side, it could have been next year or the year after that. It's happening this year. Let's be thankful. Lett get excited. We have no idea what is coming and I am loving it. It's part of the fun to be completely in the dark. Don't pretend like you ever expected any different.
No being in the dark is not fun it is dull, inane and ridiculous. They are all in their 50's the mysterious act has run it's course. Clear, concise information and updates.

Now onto the positive I like the little guitar part Adam has added into Invincible. I am curious as to why he just now added it. I wonder if that is what is on the album and if it was just a section he was having trouble transitioning to or something along those lines. It would be bizarre so say the least if they just started adding things to songs that won't end up on the album. The songs they are playing should be accurate reflections of what we can expect to hear on the album.
I think the problem here is that they are not feeling your entitlement to information, updates, or an expectation that what you hear them play (via unauthorized recordings) is a precursor to a particular album style.

The problem is Mog, you are quite presumptuous. :P

Quite obviously this group of senior citizens is behaving the way senior citizens usually behave. Precisely how they wish.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

On “Bourdain Day” (would have been his 63rd orbit around the sun), LaraLee has a Double Double “Animal Style”, even though I was hoping for a Bootleggers dinner.
This is really, really fucked up.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

liz wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:27 pm
M0G wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:09 pm

I think the problem here is that they are not feeling your entitlement to information, updates, or an expectation that what you hear them play (via unauthorized recordings) is a precursor to a particular album style.

The problem is Mog, you are quite presumptuous. :P

Quite obviously this group of senior citizens is behaving the way senior citizens usually behave. Precisely how they wish.
Fuck them fans made them rich lazy fucks don't pull that entitlement shit with me. No fans no money no band fuck that noise. I tell it like it is. The only reason they get away with the shit they do is because 98% of their fanbase is ready to suck their collective asshole on demand.

I am not entitled to autographs or pictures or information about their personal life couldn't give a shit about any of that don't give a shit about anything they do outside of Tool but goddamit yes all the fans are entitled to accurate information and realistic timelines. I am sick of the narrative that they could make it without fans fuck that noise. Show the fans some goddamn respect. And respect is not $500 dollar "VIP" sessions respect is sticking to realistic time lines with accurate updates and information. Respect is not responding to questions with snarky bullshit half ass answers or mystery science theater cryptic posts or newsletters.

Act like fucking professionals. None of us could pull this kind of shit in our daily life. Good luck telling your boss you are gonna be 13 years late on that project you are working on. Good luck going off the grid for months and keeping your job.

Being a professional musician that gets paid significant amounts of money is a job. Fucking conduct yourself accordingly. Be prompt, professional, and get your shit done. And for fucks sake never bite the hand that feeds you.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

M0G wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:50 pm
Fuck them fans made them rich lazy fucks don't pull that entitlement shit with me. No fans no money no band fuck that noise. I tell it like it is. The only reason they get away with the shit they do is because 98% of their fanbase is ready to suck their collective asshole on demand.

I am not entitled to autographs or pictures or information about their personal life couldn't give a shit about any of that don't give a shit about anything they do outside of Tool but goddamit yes all the fans are entitled to accurate information and realistic timelines. I am sick of the narrative that they could make it without fans fuck that noise. Show the fans some goddamn respect. And respect is not $500 dollar "VIP" sessions respect is sticking to realistic time lines with accurate updates and information. Respect is not responding to questions with snarky bullshit half ass answers of mystery science theater cryptic posts or newsletters.

Act like fucking professionals. None of us could pull this kind of shit in our daily life. Good luck telling your boss you are gonna be 13 years late on that project you are working on. Good luck going off the grid for months and keeping your job.

Being a professional musician that gets paid significant amounts of money is a job. Fucking conduct yourself accordingly. Be prompt, professional, and get your shit done. And for fucks sake never bite the hand that feeds you.
They've made their money, they've put in the work. They are reaping whats already been sewn. There is no debt to be paid here and whatever contract restraints remain in place I'm sure they are are being "professionally" considered.

And in the end I'm sure they do it because they love it. If you or I happen to love it too then we have been given a gift (and in the case of this album one that was never a certainty in my mind). As Tom Cruise says "put your manners back in", say thank you.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

liz wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:09 pm

I am not entitled to autographs or pictures or information about their personal life couldn't give a shit about any of that don't give a shit about anything they do outside of Tool but goddamit yes all the fans are entitled to accurate information and realistic timelines. I am sick of the narrative that they could make it without fans fuck that noise. Show the fans some goddamn respect. And respect is not $500 dollar "VIP" sessions respect is sticking to realistic time lines with accurate updates and information. Respect is not responding to questions with snarky bullshit half ass answers of mystery science theater cryptic posts or newsletters.

They've made their money, they've put in the work. They are reaping whats already been sewn. There is no debt to be paid here and whatever contract restraints remain in place I'm sure they are are being "professionally" considered.

And in the end I'm sure they do it because they love it. If you or I happen to love it too then we have been given a gift (and in the case of this album one that was never a certainty in my mind). As Tom Cruise says "put your manners back in", say thank you.
Who made them rich? Did they get there by themselves? Who was in those small clubs buying merch and bringing their friends and buying copies of CD's to give to other friends? Who spread the word? Who pays ridiculous amounts of money to fill up arenas? FANS. Thank you? FUCK THAT. They can thank me.

If they do it because they love it they are afforded the opportunity to even take that approach because of the FANS. The FANS made them rich beyond their wildest dreams. The FANS have allowed them to take 13 years between albums, something very few bands could ever do and survive. The FANS supported them during their 8 year greatest hits tour, which they shouldn't have because then it would have put pressure on the band to actually feel the need to stay relevant. Sadly Tool fans let them get away with bullshit and so we get bullshit album cycles like this one.

I would rather cut my own fucking hand off than thank Tool for this new album.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

[media][*][/media]
PulsedHalo wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:42 pm
This is really, really fucked up.
exactly, and not kissing Mog's ass or anything but thats part of whats hes talking about and i dont blame him for that. im all for a little mystery and the build up etc etc but sometimes when stuff like that is put into news or newsletters it does get old. year after year etc etc.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

M0G wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:19 pm

Who made them rich? Did they get there by themselves? Who was in those small clubs buying merch and bringing their friends and buying copies of CD's to give to other friends? Who spread the word? Who pays ridiculous amounts of money to fill up arenas? FANS. Thank you? FUCK THAT. They can thank me.

If they do it because they love it they are afforded the opportunity to even take that approach because of the FANS. The FANS made them rich beyond their wildest dreams. The FANS have allowed them to take 13 years between albums, something very few bands could ever do and survive. The FANS supported them during their 8 year greatest hits tour, which they shouldn't have because then it would have put pressure on the band to actually feel the need to stay relevant. Sadly Tool fans let them get away with bullshit and so we get bullshit album cycles like this one.

Their music made them rich. Their music produced the fans and merch sales and the tour attendance. You are a product of TooL Mog. A cog, Mog, if you will.
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

Due to the amount of backlash from a certain member on a certain forum, Tool has announced that the album will come out next year so the band can think of a cool enough name to satisfy expectations.
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

ah damn, i actually wasted time looking up some of these phrases. '''double double - animal style'' is a type of burger from the In & Out burger joints you guys in the US have. Bootleggers could be a restaurant. i see names of pubs and resturaunts with that phrase in it. whatever, its still b.s but maybe its simply just that.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

liz wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:25 pm

Their music made them rich. Their music produced the fans and merch sales and the tour attendance. You are a product of TooL Mog. A cog, Mog, if you will.
Horseshit. Lots of bands out their making AMAZING music never get rich. Don't have the fans. Niche genres, etc. Tool got lucky. Tool owe their fans big time. Tool should be thanking their fans every fucking day for the lavish lifestyles they live.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

OMG, they’re we go... Bob has now infected Mog.
Ki77aan :twisted:
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

M0G wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:51 pm
liz wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:25 pm

Horseshit. Lots of bands out their making AMAZING music never get rich. Don't have the fans. Niche genres, etc. Tool got lucky. Tool owe their fans big time. Tool should be thanking their fans every fucking day for the lavish lifestyles they live.
The fact that there are talented bands making little money does not negate the argument that TooLs music produced their wealth.

At what point does a musician owe a debt to someone who pays for their product? Am I owed when I go see a local band? Am I owed as soon as I attend a concert or buy an album from a major artist. Its a market exchange not a blood pact.

Feeling TooL owe you something is like an audience clapping and cheering for one more song at the end a gig. Perhaps they'll get it. Perhaps not. There are no guarantees real or implied.

"The harder you work the luckier you get."
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Kittaan wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:01 pm OMG, they’re we go... Bob has now infected Mog.
If we don't get rid of the anti vaxers soon we'll have a real cluster fuck on our hands.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Now I know why they invented the scroll wheel for the mouse.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Tool owe me nothing more than the chick at Macca's who sold me the cheeseburger.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I miss Mog's old rants when he actually used punctuation. Now he just doesn't give a fuck at all whether he uses a period or repeats himself to get his .point. across.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

hellboy wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:34 pm Tool owe me nothing more than the chick at Macca's who sold me the cheeseburger.
Why does TooL owe you a chick?

And I thought Mog was being presumptuous...