Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

That's awesome. Good way to get word out. Details. All the info we need. I'll do my best to catch it live!!
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

Countdown to Joe Rogan show begins... Now
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

What time do Rogans podcast usually drop I would love to catch this live?!
All well Whatever, Nevermind
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

Great way to promote the album, getting back on one of the biggest podcasts in the world. It's been a while, too, couple of years.

MJK's first appearance on JRE was how I found it, incidentally.
Shed523 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:59 am What time do Rogans podcast usually drop I would love to catch this live?!
There's no set schedule, it could be any time between morning and late night.

And unfortunately he doesn't stream live anymore
earthrocker
Rhandy
Height: Short

Post by earthrocker »

FWIW JRE podcasts upload approx 12-14 hours after airing on Stitcher
Deftones!
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

This could be the social media news for the day. I’m hoping for the 10k days album drop but wouldn’t be surprised if that doesn’t happen.

I’ll check out the JRE but not giving a time for when it’s avail doesn’t sound too good for me to catch it live. Is it even live anymore?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

FYI Joe doesn't stream live anymore, it's prerecorded.

Blame Adam Conover.
Canned audience laughter
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

dont tell me the big lead up and expecting a ''track'' is M being on Joe Rogan. i dont mind JR and ive listened to quite a few people on his podcast but if this is the big news that kinda sucks. enough of the reindeer games already.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Has a certain symmetry to it if may jay announces new album info on Rogan.

Over the last decade I found his last Rogan podcast the most informative bit of info on exactly where the band were at with recording. He vented his own frustrations at the delays so seems fitting if he can now come back on and proudly announce the albums arrival.
Listen to All Them Witches
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

What a doof if a podcast would have the album info and all before other sources.

Because... What are podcasts? Who is Joe Rogan? Is this in the same league as movie reviews on YouTube? Daftness.

Written word ftw.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I doubt he's going to announce everything for the first time on the podcast. I think it will coincide with an announcement from the Tool camp on Monday. Also, 50/50 he just trolls Tool fans for the entire podcast. It's going to be a captivating listen/watch either way.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Fartypants_McGee
Bronco's Fan

Post by Fartypants_McGee »

If he goes on Rogan and talks about nothing but wine and Puscifer without ever mentioning Tool, I will 100% laugh my dick off.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

ms2r wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:40 pm What a doof if a podcast would have the album info and all before other sources.

Because... What are podcasts? Who is Joe Rogan? Is this in the same league as movie reviews on YouTube? Daftness.

Written word ftw.
Joe Rogans podcast on YT is pretty huge. like you said though album info and all that coming from a podcast seems lack luster. id rather have it come from the band too instead of M blubbering on about whatever on JR`s podcast. millions will hear it (literally prob). its a big platform this day in age but that cant be all this week was leading up too, if it is, thats crap.

google Joe Rogan. hes had his hands in all kinds of things. Tv shows,UFC announcer,a comedian,his podcast which is doing super well for a long time now.

i wondered if M would do Joe Rogan for the tool album but i honestly figured he wouldnt for this. guess he is!
zellatron
Maynard Believer

Post by zellatron »

earthrocker wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:21 pm FWIW JRE podcasts upload approx 12-14 hours after airing on Stitcher
I’m not familiar with stitcher so sorry if this is a dumb question but does he air his podcast live on that platform or does it just get uploaded there before YouTube?
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

He could play the podcast any number of ways, but have to think he at least offers the album title. Maybe some tour news. It should coincide with updates on Tool media shortly after the podcast is uploaded - Tuesdayish.

Real question is whether Joe plays a song on the podcast.
LeoMonzo
Bronco's Fan

Post by LeoMonzo »

I don’t think we need an “announcement” we already have the big one, Tool , new album , August 30th, that’s what matters, on that day we will be able to download it for sure and of course at least there will be a CD. Any other announcement is small compared to that fact.
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

As I mentioned earlier, I found JRE because of MJK back in 2012. The fact that Rogan was able to get notoriously interview avoidant MJK to sit down and chat for 2-3 hours was really surprising.

Pretty cool (and lets face it, very handy in terms of marketing) that he'd go back on now to announce Tool related things. He seems to have struck up a friendship with Joe.

And nobody has to watch it it they don't want to, all the Tool related info will be all over the internet within milliseconds of the episode being released.
ms2r wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:40 pm What a doof if a podcast would have the album info and all before other sources.

Almost ;)
Written word ftw.
The words will all be written afterwards.
Fartypants_McGee wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:59 pm If he goes on Rogan and talks about nothing but wine and Puscifer without ever mentioning Tool, I will 100% laugh my dick off.
I fully expect 60 seconds of chatter on the new Tool album (title, single announcement, roughly when they'll be touring) and then the other 2 hours 59 minutes will be about absolutely everything and anything but Tool-talk. Probably Jiu Jitsu, wine and psychedelics.
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

Moridin wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:22 pm
Probably Jiu Jitsu, wine and psychedelics.
This
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

^That line is brilliant :)

After the podcast comes out and the TOOL news dies down, someone will probably time or calculate exactly what percentage of the podcast was attributed to discussion of those three topics... and it might be a significantly large number!
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

ziggy23 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:11 am Image

I fucken hate that guy.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Calfium Jay wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:27 pm
ziggy23 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:11 am Image

I fucken hate that guy.
Literally no one is surprised.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Hating a television presenter you're not forced to watch and can easily ignore :lol:
Canned audience laughter
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

What other than the release date will MJK reveal in the podcast? Surprised yet not surprised they are releasing info via his podcast.