Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Specter
Pencildick

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Specter »

junior wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:28 am
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:32 pm Why did Adam Jones have his old Mesa Boogie instead of his 2 Dieizel amps? (during the Glendale Az show January 16th 2020)? As far as I know, he replaced his Mesa with a 2nd Diezel amp. Just very curious on why he was using his old set up.

Mesa boogie2.jpg
I know he had a head replaced mid-show early in the January tour. It was probably that Diezel, and stayed replaced until fixed.
Your responses are informative to us Tool fans; thanks for that.
If I may ask, how many engineers control the sound board?
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

Busty McCracken wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:54 am
xZ1mM3r wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:56 am
Busty McCracken wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:49 pm

If was a betting man I"d say money. If youre a bass player and a company offered to pay you to endorse a bass they wanted to make , and associate with your name, you'd be mad not to take it.
Justin, and really any member of Tool, doesnt strike me as the spokesperson/"do it for the money" type... i highly doubt that any of them would be willing to lend their name to a product that they didnt believe in. Im sure the Warwick signature series vs Wal live concert is simply a preference or availability.
I own and play a warwick bass, they're amazing quality guitars and I'm sure Justin absolutely believes in the brand as most bassists would. They question was what's the point of doing a signature series bass if he never uses it live. Of course it would be a buzz to have a company craft a bass in your honour but would no doubt be a handsome monetary reward as well.
Busty, so please forgive my ignorance on the Warwick Basses. I hadn't realized how nice they are. My mind for a nice bass has always been a Music man bass. I just looked up Warwick basses and these things are beautiful. What model do you have? What amp do you use? Do you use effects pedals when playing?
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Specter wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:56 pm
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:32 pm Why did Adam Jones have his old Mesa Boogie instead of his 2 Dieizel amps? (during the Glendale Az show January 16th 2020)? As far as I know, he replaced his Mesa with a 2nd Diezel amp. Just very curious on why he was using his old set up.

Mesa boogie2.jpg
I know he had a head replaced mid-show early in the January tour. It was probably that Diezel, and stayed replaced until fixed.
Good question Specter. I hate to say this, but I think the guys running the audio and the visuals job may be a lot more difficult than what our 4 heroes are doing on stage. I'm just saying. Junior is a badass at his job, but there are several more humans involved. We are just lucky enough to listen to Juniors insight.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Found the commie!!!!
Canned audience laughter
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

Tangentially Tool-related, for anyone interested, a previously unreleased Peach tune was just posted by the Suns of the Tundra guys:
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:15 pm

Good question Specter. I hate to say this, but I think the guys running the audio and the visuals job may be a lot more difficult than what our 4 heroes are doing on stage. I'm just saying. Junior is a badass at his job, but there are several more humans involved. We are just lucky enough to listen to Juniors insight.
This was a bad comment/opinion (on my part). I really have no idea who has the more difficult/ complicated job. I understand that it is just these 4 guys creating this music. I guess my point was that all the people (sound guys, lighting guys, guitar techs, bass techs, drum techs) working the concerts really help these live shows happen and it is probably a very complicated job.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Moridin wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:20 pm Tangentially Tool-related, for anyone interested, a previously unreleased Peach tune was just posted by the Suns of the Tundra guys:
Good song man. It took a few spins for me to like it, but it is good. Thanks for sharing.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

This was a bad comment/opinion (on my part). I really have no idea who has the more difficult/ complicated job. I understand that it is just these 4 guys creating this music. I guess my point was that all the people (sound guys, lighting guys, guitar techs, bass techs, drum techs) working the concerts really help these live shows happen and it is probably a very complicated job.

ya, thats a good point. you can watch a cool docu on youtube from Rush's Snakes & Arrows tour from 2007. i didnt know about it till years later but whoever it was made by did a 7 part special or something going through all the diff jobs of touring,its long hours etc,etc. i didnt watch it all and sadly its not the greatest quality but it does the job. i saw the part were they were wiring up the stacks. You gotta be careful lifting them up cause if they get caught on anything you can stretch the cables etc etc. lots of work with everyone doing what they gotta do. ya, i'd say the band has it easy but they are the stars! haha. if your interested though check that out.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:39 pm

Nah you make a great point but at the end of the day people are there to see the artist and could probably care less about how it's put together.

Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

*dubious
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Specter wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:56 pm Your responses are informative to us Tool fans; thanks for that.
As for what the crowd hears, there is one guy (Nobby) in charge of mixing that. He has an assistant engineer (Liam) with him whose main job is to engineer the system and keep it running for Nobby. Liam also coordinates with the traveling sound crew who hang the speakers.
Starting with the 2019-20 tour, Liam also handled the mixing of the atmospheric/surround sound while Nobby did the man mix.

On stage, there is one guy (Beau) who handles the mixing of each band members' monitor mixes so they can hear themselves and/or each other. I think he also provides mixes for some of the band techs so they can hear their guy better.
Beau has a traveling crew of several sound techs who place and wire the microphones and the monitor speakers, and troubleshoot any issues that may arise during the show (bad cable, fallen microphone, etc.).
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

tys0n wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:39 am
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:39 pm

Nah you make a great point but at the end of the day people are there to see the artist and could probably care less about how it's put together.

Yeah, Iv'e been guilty of this in the past too. These days, I watch the tech guys on stage and wonder what kind of problem they are trying to solve. By the way, that god damn note (from Henry Rollins) is badass! He doesn't give a fuck, right? (kind of like honey badger. Honey Badger doesn't give a fuck!).
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

hellboy wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:51 pm*dubious
I'm glad we have a proof reader on board! I'm going to be very careful with my grammmer from now on.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

The country I live in is in a bad place right now. What's going on here is probably on international news. There is this guy that is telling police and local governers (Hellboy, please proof read that word because I don't know if I spelled it correctly) that they are weak and they should use force on protesters. I understand that there are several countries that are and have been dealing with ugliness. (not just this country) I also understand that there are idiot protesters doing the wrong thing (being violent), I think (just my opinion) most protesters are just angry and trying to find justice of the minorities that police kill. I think the racism has always been here, it's just that someone has made (you guys can insert who I am talking about)
them come out of the woodworks. (Don't even know it this is the correct way to spell it. Again I need Hellboy's correction if I spelled it wrong).

Hellboy, I know this sounds like politics, but I hate politics. I just need to express my anger. Personally I'm not participating in anything. I just go to work and come back home. Hellboy, If you think I should not bring this shit up on your site - just tell me and I will stop.

Now that restaurants and other establishments are opening back up, people think that it is okay to go out and do things (socially). I just do not understand that some people think it's okay to go out and socialize. (I was really ignorant back in February/March thinking it was not a big deal).

So, in Australia are things opening back up? I think it is still a dangerous thing to do. I completely understand that places like restaurants and other business places have been losing a lot of money, but it is not safe brothers and sisters (in case there are women on this site)

Dammit man, I'm not a politcal person (I just love bands and music) Don't get me wrong. I believe the protesters are not helping, but making things worse.

Sorry I went on and on about this... I blame Tys0n for egging me on! JK Tyson. (I get tired of typing in the zero for your name... I'm lazy)

Please stay stay safe people. (I know, it is starting to sound like a cliche but seriously - stay safe) It seems that a lot of US (United States) people think - things are getting back to normal, but things are still not safe yet!

Since guys like Bob, Tyson, Hellboy, Junior, Busty and several others like talking about these current events, I thought I would bring this up. Just kidding everyone. I'm the only god damn idiot bringing this shit up.

Dammit! I know this is not the right site to post this, but this is the only site I believe in. It was only toolarmy, but we all know that toolarmy is not a good place right now.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

If you want to talk politics, then this forum isn't the right place. I in no way condone the action of the US government and authorities, but also feel that this forum is not the place for political discussion.

Feel free to head over to the Discord though, where we discuss the topic frequently (albeit without Tyson & Junior): https://discord.gg/NkQyNEK
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Hellboy, you are very quick and you got right to the point. I will stop with my bullshit and just talk about our band! Sorry, just frustrated.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

hellboy wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:34 pm (albeit without Tyson & Junior): https://discord.gg/NkQyNEK
Ouch, my feelings have been hurt. ;)

Thanks for the details junior. Nice to read such stuff.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

hellboy wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:34 pm Feel free to head over to the Discord though, where we discuss the topic frequently (albeit without Tyson & Junior): https://discord.gg/NkQyNEK
I'm still not sure what a Discord is.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Don't do it junior, next thing you know they'll have you playing fortnite and doing tik tok videos.
Canned audience laughter
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

the horror
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

junior wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:09 pm
Specter wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:56 pm Your responses are informative to us Tool fans; thanks for that.
As for what the crowd hears, there is one guy (Nobby) in charge of mixing that. He has an assistant engineer (Liam) with him whose main job is to engineer the system and keep it running for Nobby. Liam also coordinates with the traveling sound crew who hang the speakers.
Starting with the 2019-20 tour, Liam also handled the mixing of the atmospheric/surround sound while Nobby did the man mix.

On stage, there is one guy (Beau) who handles the mixing of each band members' monitor mixes so they can hear themselves and/or each other. I think he also provides mixes for some of the band techs so they can hear their guy better.
Beau has a traveling crew of several sound techs who place and wire the microphones and the monitor speakers, and troubleshoot any issues that may arise during the show (bad cable, fallen microphone, etc.).
Thank you.
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

hellboy wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:34 pm If you want to talk politics, then this forum isn't the right place. I in no way condone the action of the US government and authorities, but also feel that this forum is not the place for political discussion.

Feel free to head over to the Discord though, where we discuss the topic frequently (albeit without Tyson & Junior): https://discord.gg/NkQyNEK
You did start the australian politics thread on here.. Just saying haha. I haven't really been on discord last month or so, can he not have a little rant somewhere in the misc thread or something? Kinda breeds toxic masculinity if the blokes trying to vent and rant and told not up in here is all. Your forum, your rules, i get saying not in the tool thread, just seems odd to completely veto ANYWHERE on this forum though?

Bottles. Play a warwick bubinga corvette pro series. Have a full sv3 pro peavey head and an 8 cab peavey stack from my old playing days. These days when I actually do pick the bloody thing up, I play it through my ampeg 30 watt rumbler practice amp which has a sweet arse tone. For effects, I'm just a multi pedal guy. Boss ME-50, then if i want better fuzz have the Big Muff fuzz.. Yourself?
hellboy wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:34 pm better known as "which dumbass said this":

We have a strong and credible broadband policy because the man who has devised it, the man who will implement it virtually invented the Internet in this country. Thank you so much, Malcolm Turnbull.

Listen to All Them Witches
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

junior wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:33 am
hellboy wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:34 pm Feel free to head over to the Discord though, where we discuss the topic frequently (albeit without Tyson & Junior): https://discord.gg/NkQyNEK
Dis cord. As in: “I accidentally broke dis cord by my feet somehow during the Tool show, and the fucking LAZORS!!! stopped working”.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:28 pm
You did start the australian politics thread on here.. Just saying haha. I
I changed my mind. I think that's ok.

Further to this, as we've had this discussion before, I'd be open to it if people could do so sensibly and respectfully. Sadly a small minority ruin it for everyone, so it's easier just to avoid.

You wanna talk politics - go to the right forum.
You wanna talk Tool and other "easier" topics - this is the right place.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

junior wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:33 am
It's basically a chat room, where a bunch of Fourtheye readers talk, mostly about irreverent stuff.