Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

Cricket got rained out. Only world event of note I can think of
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Not Australia but in the Netherlands that are still having fun with the movie age of extinction.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

We had ZERO cases of locally acquired Covid in New South Wales on Wednesday and police are now giving out $200 fines to people who don't wear masks on public transport or in shopping centres... BUT then you read about what's happening in Washington and it changes your perspective.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

ms2r wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:30 pm Not Australia but in the Netherlands that are still having fun with the movie age of extinction.
Ah, I look forward to seeing it in your best of 2021 list then
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

mattw wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:59 pm We had ZERO cases of locally acquired Covid in New South Wales on Wednesday and police are now giving out $200 fines to people who don't wear masks on public transport or in shopping centres... BUT then you read about what's happening in Washington and it changes your perspective.
Good for you guys for staying careful. There are too many Americans thinking that this is a hoax. This is why too many Americans are getting sick and possibly dying.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

This is the US right now.

Fuck Yeah! President Camacho!
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

Brawndo: It's got what plants crave!
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

HaHa! At least one person knows what I am talking about! Brawndo!!

President Camacho!
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Hey, random TOOL question for all of you. Which track from Fear Inoculum do you think will become a staple in their live shows for the next 10 years? Let's say the band stay together making music, maybe one more album in a few years, and keep playing live shows until 2030. I'm thinking of tracks like Stinkfist, Aenema, 46 & 2, Schism and Jambi that feature in almost every show.

My answer would be INVINCIBLE. I think it sounds amazing live, the band members appear to enjoy playing it (at least to me), it doesn't appear too taxing for Maynard's vocals etc. Wondering what you think...
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Pneuma!
Canned audience laughter
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:56 pm HaHa! At least one person knows what I am talking about! Brawndo!!

President Camacho!
You talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded
Canned audience laughter
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

mattw wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:01 pm Hey, random TOOL question for all of you. Which track from Fear Inoculum do you think will become a staple in their live shows for the next 10 years? Let's say the band stay together making music, maybe one more album in a few years, and keep playing live shows until 2030. I'm thinking of tracks like Stinkfist, Aenema, 46 & 2, Schism and Jambi that feature in almost every show.

My answer would be INVINCIBLE. I think it sounds amazing live, the band members appear to enjoy playing it (at least to me), it doesn't appear too taxing for Maynard's vocals etc. Wondering what you think...
Pneuma.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Yeah would be out of the two mentioned I'd say. Both were absolutely stellar live & had a killer light show, so would be happy with either. Invincible remains my favourite from the album though partly coz it's fucking fantastic but also because it sounds like nothing they've ever done before and at least to my ears, is the most vulnerable of May jays vocals on the album.
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Sound the dread alarm.
Canned audience laughter
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Stay Alive.
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

I’m going to hit the ‘Descending’ button.
‘Pnuema’ is the 2nd choice.
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I fucking WISH Descending becomes a staple!
Canned audience laughter
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

I'm so glad I heard descending live. Who knows when they will come to Europe again.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

All worthy choices. But, as usual, Tyson nailed it: Pneuman!
ms2r wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:22 am I'm so glad I heard descending live. Who knows when they will come to Europe again.
Who knows when concerts will be a thing again? But yeah, I feel really lucky to have experienced nearly all of FI live. Hope they whip out CV when it’s back to some semblance of normal... eventually.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman

mattw wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:01 pm Hey, random TOOL question for all of you. Which track from Fear Inoculum do you think will become a staple in their live shows for the next 10 years? Let's say the band stay together making music, maybe one more album in a few years, and keep playing live shows until 2030. I'm thinking of tracks like Stinkfist, Aenema, 46 & 2, Schism and Jambi that feature in almost every show.

Descending
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Whowatchesthewampas wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:27 pm

Descending
I think Maynard uses distortion too much (his voice is hurtin' sometimes but still) Pneuma is the one i play the most it seems. CV is def last on the list and Tempest is 2nd to last but not cause i dont like it, just cause i guess. If i had to pick one song off FI for someone to hear it would be Invincible. Thats kinda every part of FI rolled into one and has the most vocals so its more people friendly!

Whats Juniors favourite song to do lights too ? as he doesnt really listen to them,baha. That makes total sense, im just teasin' a little. What you said earlier reminded me of what George Lucas said sometime ago ''I'll never see Star Wars'' so true! not exactly the same but same idea. So whats one of your fav light setups you've done, if thats fair to ask ?
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

bob wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:07 am Whats Juniors favourite song to do lights too ? as he doesnt really listen to them,baha. That makes total sense, im just teasin' a little. What you said earlier reminded me of what George Lucas said sometime ago ''I'll never see Star Wars'' so true! not exactly the same but same idea. So whats one of your fav light setups you've done, if thats fair to ask ?
Of the "new" songs I'd just say it's a bummer that the touring industry stopped cold 10 months ago as the production elements for those songs were just starting to evolve a bit more. They'd been doing "Invincible" the longest (not counting "Descending", since it wasn't a complete piece), so it was fairly polished. There's always room for improvements and changes, though. George Lucas certainly seems to think that way about "Star Wars", though most wish he wouldn't. For us, the show always evolves as it goes on. "Pneuma" is in a pretty good place, production-wise. We had a good amount of time to work on that one before the October 2019 tour started. Once we'd heard that "Fear", "Pneuma" and "Invincible" would definitely be on the setlist right away we concentrated on those the most during our pre-production time. "Descending" was going to get a bit of a temporary rest, so we didn't do much with that during the time we had. We knew we had something for it in case they surprised us, but it could still use a bit of a fleshing-out. The lighting for that is still largely free-form. We knew "7empest" wouldn't get added until after the band worked on it for a while, so we kept that one in the back of our minds. They didn't add it until February, and then they only played it live about 7 times, so it still needs some work on our end. There's definitely a lot of room for "exploration" in that one. I can't remember how many distinct changes in tone we'd figured out. I've got hand-written notes somewhere. "Fear" was identified as the opening song fairly early in the process, and we knew we wanted to start with the curtain as the main element, so the lighting has always been minimal on that one, just highlighting the band.
I'd have to think they'll play "Culling Voices" someday. I don't think there are any songs they've put on albums and then didn't play live (not counting segues and intro pieces), so it would be odd if they don't play it. We've not had any serious production discussions about it.

And after all of that, I didn't actually answer your question.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

What we all really want to know is how is the fern going?
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

hellboy wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:55 pm What we all really want to know is how is the fern going?
I saw it about a week before Christmas. It seems fine.
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman

junior wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:21 pm
hellboy wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:55 pm What we all really want to know is how is the fern going?
I saw it about a week before Christmas. It seems fine.
please give fern our warm regards
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite