Uncle Fucker

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by ms2r »

Livestreams from the Loft?
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

ms2r wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:34 am Livestreams from the Loft?
...for Toolarmy only?
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

fortysixand2 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:32 am Livestream event? :shock:
https://store.toolband.com/collections/ ... promotions
Really hope this is the case!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

If it turns out to be the case I sure hope they release it for sale on VHS afterwards!
Listen to All Them Witches
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:43 pm If it turns out to be the case I sure hope they release it for sale on VHS afterwards!
Hellboys odds of stuff was kinda the point and hes just as faithless as a lot of us are about any of it. Not to put words into his mouth but it sure seems it to me. a VHS release is possible :) if they did do a livestream it would prob lag and freeze the entire time (on purpose). What does Junior think it is ? or is he smart enough to not care or think about. Falling right back into it again! Dont fall for the bait! Save yourselves!
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

hellboy wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:10 am So if you think it's nothing from the list, then what do you think it is? Danny having another baby?
HAHA! if your read what I wrote, I had my money on Tool tour 2022. (part of your list of possibilities) You are laying the sarcasm pretty thick. That's what I like about you. Honey badger don't give a fuck!

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:18 pm
I have to disagree with you Hellboy. None of this. There is something positive happening and I guess we will find out soon. From your list, the only thing I can agree with and hope for is the tour 2022.
I read what you wrote Bobby
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

hellboy wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:16 pm
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:18 pm
I have to disagree with you Hellboy. None of this. There is something positive happening and I guess we will find out soon. From your list, the only thing I can agree with and hope for is the tour 2022.
I read what you wrote Bobby
Got it Hellboy. I think I am just being gullible and hoping for something crazy news other than your list.
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

hellboy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:06 pm My odds on what is to come:
  • $150 Tool blankets 15:1
I'LL TAKE 5!!!
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ HB - Well done. I’m interested in the news, but playing it very blasé until there’s a reason not to do so.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

I have to say that I'm not really interested in these livestream-events. It's just like watching any concert on youtube
or whereever, but is in no way comparable to a live concert experience.

If Tool plan anything like that the only cool factor would be that we finally had some (hopefully) good live video
for the future.
No bluray, no dvd or anything, but a screen-capture of a livestream. That would totally fit into the Tool universe.

OK, enough. At this point all is just speculation.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

So the parts I’m focused on is “truly exciting” and also mentioning “sure to excite” and the two main things that would Truly Excite me and I’m sure I’m not alone is New Music or Live Music (no live stream bullshit) and this post is clearly not about playing shows. I saw that it’s been 2 years since the mastering of FI. Maybe just maybe something else was mastered and stored away and this was all part of the timeline regardless of covid. I mean the Puscifer album was already planned. I’m not saying they wrote, recorded and mastered new music during covid like Rammstein but sometime they had tucked away. Highly unlikely but I don’t think it’s out of the question!?
All well Whatever, Nevermind
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

You can't have descending without ascending
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I think a live stream from the Loft would be pretty cool and interesting. Less interested in some kind of attempt to stream a "regular" live show.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

hellboy wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:50 pm I think a live stream from the Loft would be pretty cool and interesting. Less interested in some kind of attempt to stream a "regular" live show.
I completely agree with you on this one Hellboy. This would be very cool. Seriously, the only real high quality footage we have from Tool is Danny Carey's Vic Firth video (which is fucking amazing), but it was only the drums perspective. Since we can not see them live anytime soon, I would be happy with this.

Maybe something similar from Radiohead's "from the basement". This would be fucking awesome!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

My source tells me it's a intimate acoustic set to be streamed, kind of a modern day MTV unplugged set.
Canned audience laughter
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

tys0n wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:34 am My source tells me it's a intimate acoustic set to be streamed, kind of a modern day MTV unplugged set.
At least this would be some kind of new experience with this band.
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

wouldn't it be also very surprising that a band that repeatedly stated that filming a live show doesnt do any justice to the live experience now promoted a live stream event?
it's basically the exact opposite of what tool always "fought" for...
ditchrider1
Maynard Believer

Post by ditchrider1 »

I swear over the years I have seen Blair use the 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' post title before. Anyone know how to do a search through Toolband/TA to see if it was used and if so, what it was referring to?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

It was after he had a meal at Taco Bell
Canned audience laughter
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

ditchrider1 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:29 am I swear over the years I have seen Blair use the 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' post title before. Anyone know how to do a search through Toolband/TA to see if it was used and if so, what it was referring to?
I found this from November 12, 2015 posted to their Facebook. Some sort of tour pre-announcement announcement.
TOOL TOUR VISIONS

SOMETHING WICKED THIS... YOUR WAY COMES!

For those of you who only like NEWS about TOOL, here's something that should be of great interest. The impenetrable veil of my dark scrying mirror FINALLY CLEARED today - enough so, in fact - that I could perceive a large heptagram on a complexly lit stage where four performers were dwarfed by dramatic video projections. Evidently the sonic and visual extravaganza that I was receiving is a rare glimpse of FUTURE TOOL U.S.A. TOUR DATES in the month of JANUARY, 2016 e.v. However, with some of the images in the depths of the black glass not being clearly distinct... YET, fans will have to keep checking back (SOON) on the Tool websites and Tool facebook page for an official announcement containing a list of the SHOW DATES, CITIES and VENUES, as well as for info about a tour support act(s). Regarding an opening band(s), what I was able to discern through the ever-shifting veil will in all likeliness be exciting to many Tool enthusiasts. STAY TUNED, FOLKS... as my trusty SCRYING MIRROR CONTINUES TO CLEAR...
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Nice find! I don't reckon they're going to announce a tour though, at least not for 2021, and it seems to be a little early to be announced 2022 dates (even for EU festivals)

Some bands have been talking up coming to Oz sooner rather than later, so you never know (I don't think Aussie tours in 2021 are a thing either FWIW)
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Not sure why people wouldn’t want to see a livestream from a band with basically zero pro shot material? Sounds amazing to me. Be much happier with that than the music video I’m expecting. A music video I may watch once or twice, not sure why bands bother anymore. All about live.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Capt. Shipwreck wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:25 pm Not sure why people wouldn’t want to see a livestream from a band with basically zero pro shot material? Sounds amazing to me. Be much happier with that than the music video I’m expecting. A music video I may watch once or twice, not sure why bands bother anymore. All about live.
I would love to see this. I just said (a few posts up) that the only pro shot material that I have seen is Danny's Pneuma. Edit: one other pro shot when they played Sober at a festival long ago.