Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
bob
Toast

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:28 am @bob , no use worrying about what will happen. What will be will be. enjoy the fact that for now they're a functioning band and stop pissing and moaning about their sets and just appreciate that they still exist.

@tyson. Imagine not having heard 7empest live hey?! Haha ..
:lol: good one, brah! ya, but you heard 7empest real early on. its got a ways to go before it sounds more cohesive, if it ever will. Not jelly dude! ha

and no way! i'll always moan about the over played tunes. its not riight!
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

junior wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:58 am
bob wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:52 pm Maybe they will need to turn the volume up a little for Danny now. who knows.
I don't know if that's possible. Have you had a look at his drum monitors? He's already got a personal PA that would be suitable for a club or small theatre.
When Showco (from Dallas) was the sound company, they used to call his monitors the "Texas Headphones".
apparently i dont knoow f all, Junior! I didnt think of it that way. Just kinda thinkin' turn the mics up on his kit to help but i guess you got a point there. Im not being heavy about that anyway, just kinda brain storming. i'll stop my whining before Busty pulls a heavy again! hehe

Speaking of hearing damage, nows a good time to ask this. Danny was wearing big yellow ear plugs on the last tour. it was the first time ive ever seen anything in his ears. Possibly IEM's as some said, but if he likes those big monitors (i've def seen those!) im not sure he'd bother with in ears.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

bob wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:13 am
Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:28 am @bob , no use worrying about what will happen. What will be will be. enjoy the fact that for now they're a functioning band and stop pissing and moaning about their sets and just appreciate that they still exist.

@tyson. Imagine not having heard 7empest live hey?! Haha ..
:lol: good one, brah! ya, but you heard 7empest real early on. its got a ways to go before it sounds more cohesive, if it ever will. Not jelly dude! ha

and no way! i'll always moan about the over played tunes. its not riight!
Apparently they had a minor hiccup in Sydney when they debuted it towards the end of the song. We got the second attempt at it in Melbourne and to my ears it was pretty fucking flawless hey.
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Nah, they fucked up the majority of the song, all over the place.
Canned audience laughter
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:16 pm
nxrm wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:40 am
Thanks for this mxrm. I like the idea because Gibson Custom flying Vs are awesome looking. But I have never seen Adam play a Gibson Flying V. Will he start playing one of these live soon? Otherwise, why would there be an Adam Jones Gibson Custom Flying V silverburst?
Not sure exactly what's going on with the Flying V. Interesting indeed.

A follow-up on the replacement of those stolen guitars.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

bob wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:16 am
bob wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:52 pm Maybe they will need to turn the volume up a little for Danny now. who knows.
I don't know if that's possible. Have you had a look at his drum monitors? He's already got a personal PA that would be suitable for a club or small theatre.
When Showco (from Dallas) was the sound company, they used to call his monitors the "Texas Headphones".
apparently i dont knoow f all, Junior! I didnt think of it that way. Just kinda thinkin' turn the mics up on his kit to help but i guess you got a point there. Im not being heavy about that anyway, just kinda brain storming. i'll stop my whining before Busty pulls a heavy again! hehe

Speaking of hearing damage, nows a good time to ask this. Danny was wearing big yellow ear plugs on the last tour. it was the first time ive ever seen anything in his ears. Possibly IEM's as some said, but if he likes those big monitors (i've def seen those!) im not sure he'd bother with in ears.
It was humorous to me since it's been a running thing for probably 20 years amongst those of us out there with it. I wouldn't expect anyone else to notice unless they've been staring at his monitors a lot. Their stage volume in general has always been quite loud. Adam and Justin's rigs are loud. Danny's kit is loud. It's f'n loud up there.
I think the Adam and Justin volume has a lot to do with why Maynard doesn't stand in front of their rigs anymore, and if you look at recent years (before the new 2019 stage setup) there had been plexiglass (or perspex, if you will) between Danny and Maynard. The glass was mostly the idea of the sound department. Since Maynard was standing right next to Danny, his mic was picking up a lot of Danny. Mostly cymbals. Isolating him from all of that environmental sound make the sound guy's job a lot easier, and I'd think it makes Maynard's job easier since he can probably sing a little quieter than he used to and not stress his throat. The new stage has him a bit further away from Danny, except for the few times he wanders onto Danny's riser.

I know the sound crew were trying to get the whole band on IEM's, and I'm pretty sure Danny at least tried it for a while. I don't know if they all switched or not. Maynard has been on them since the start of the Lateralus tour, and I think he used them before that on the first APC tours.
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

junior wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:52 pm

It was humorous to me since it's been a running thing for probably 20 years amongst those of us out there with it. I wouldn't expect anyone else to notice unless they've been staring at his monitors a lot. Their stage volume in general has always been quite loud. Adam and Justin's rigs are loud. Danny's kit is loud. It's f'n loud up there.
I think the Adam and Justin volume has a lot to do with why Maynard doesn't stand in front of their rigs anymore, and if you look at recent years (before the new 2019 stage setup) there had been plexiglass (or perspex, if you will) between Danny and Maynard. The glass was mostly the idea of the sound department. Since Maynard was standing right next to Danny, his mic was picking up a lot of Danny. Mostly cymbals. Isolating him from all of that environmental sound make the sound guy's job a lot easier, and I'd think it makes Maynard's job easier since he can probably sing a little quieter than he used to and not stress his throat. The new stage has him a bit further away from Danny, except for the few times he wanders onto Danny's riser.

I know the sound crew were trying to get the whole band on IEM's, and I'm pretty sure Danny at least tried it for a while. I don't know if they all switched or not. Maynard has been on them since the start of the Lateralus tour, and I think he used them before that on the first APC tours.
Thanks for the info! I thought IEMs would be used by everybody these days?
I hope at least they have a very good (!) hearing protection :shock:
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

junior wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:52 pm

Holy crap! your on a roll! thanks for answering all this. ''Texas Headphones'' haha, that is good! i was too busy saying the other stuff but thats funny. Also, with his big yellow earplugs/iem's maybe. i thought he finally switched to save his hearing. That one guy Mike Oliveria or whatever his last name is, the guy in the wheel chair, you've probably heard of him. He was in the loft a bunch of years ago and he mentioned something about Danny always going ''whaaat?? ,whaat?'' ha, he clearly has damage for sure. Interesting about the cymbols and other noise making M lower in the mix. I hate to say it but its not really working, not cause it doesnt work but hes pretty low still and has been for a long time, ah well, age and all that. I just figured they could turn the volume up on whatever person to make them louder, thats what i meant about Danny, if he doesnt hit as hard after this stuff hes going thru but like your saying, it sounds like theres a bit more to it then just that.

Nice your busy with that job too. Things are moving along with the vaccines as well. Stay safe!
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

Whowatchesthewampas wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:05 am I always admire DC's fashion sense. It's all basketball shorts and college hoodies. I wonder how many jersey's DC owns.
i mean he is basically a high performance athlete who spends a lot of his professional life in arenas, like the baller he is.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

tys0n wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:26 pm Nah, they fucked up the majority of the song, all over the place.
Deadset? Probably picked the perfect time to see em play it then. I remember their brisbane set being amazing following a dismal bdo performance 10 years ago. They seem to step up strongly following a fuck up.
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

rinkwhopper wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:45 am
Whowatchesthewampas wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:05 am I always admire DC's fashion sense. It's all basketball shorts and college hoodies. I wonder how many jersey's DC owns.
i mean he is basically a high performance athlete who spends a lot of his professional life in arenas, like the baller he is.
you are technically right
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

hellboy, would you mind emailing blair and ask him if the wicked tool news was the merch announcement?
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

its happening again!
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

bob wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:24 am its happening again!
Okay Bob, I'll bite, since no one else is and you are bringing this forum to a screeching hault. What is happening again?
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

no screeching hault bro. its just happening again. Look at what Lucas said. asking HB to email Blair to get the skinny on stuff. dont fall for it! save yourselves! :P

and thanks for not ignoring me! i almost cried! haha
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

bob wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:06 am no screeching hault bro. its just happening again. Look at what Lucas said. asking HB to email Blair to get the skinny on stuff. dont fall for it! save yourselves! :P

and thanks for not ignoring me! i almost cried! haha
Haha! No one here is ignoring you BOB. The only main thing thing I have to say that I completely disagree with you is.. you don't think the song 7empest is not one of the bands elite songs. I love third eye, but I think 7empest is their KING KONG OF ALL THEIR SONGS!. I can not stop listening to it!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Actually I'm ignoring him
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Forum improved 76% percent
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

tys0n wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:22 pm Image

Shit ignore me and you're at 99.2%
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

it is lukas with a K, pob
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

hellboy wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:55 pm Actually I'm ignoring him
LOLZ!!
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:18 am

Go Away, Baitin!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:24 pm

Go Away, Baitin!
I go away for a bit and ya post asking where I am. I post and ya tell me to go away. Can't fucking keep up with you sometimes bottles.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:56 pm
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:24 pm

Go Away, Baitin!
I go away for a bit and ya post asking where I am. I post and ya tell me to go away. Can't fucking keep up with you sometimes bottles.
HAHA! Nah bro, this all translates to have a good night, sleep well, and sweet dreams...dream of seeing TooL live again....
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

You're an odd man Bottles but I do like ya ya fucking weirdo