Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by fortysixand2 »

That's cool I guess but how about posting a snippet of a new song or something we haven't heard a million times. :roll:
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

The Boss wrote:
Mog of the Architect wrote:Now that was cool.
hellboy wrote:Adam sharing a little Lateralus from the Loft...
[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Now that was cool
You're right. I clicked on it wanting to hate it (for some reason), but just ended up with a big smile on my face.

When did I become so cynical.
^ Truth. I was all ready to deliver some quality Tool hate and Adam had to go remind me why he is still one of my favorite guitar players. No he is not a technical virtuoso but he has wonderful tone and feel. Plays the guitar with the esthetic of one trained in violin.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

^ "can you feel the love tonight!" Haha

I would think that was recorded with a go pro, right? It has to be a pretty recent video I would think.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Shit. Traveling this week with only iOS devices. The vid requires Flash, so I'm SOL until I get back. If anybody has an alternate link (nothing on YT so far) please post.

On the other hand, Big Sur and the Nor Cal coast are amazing as ever. Killer trip so far.
Ki77aan :twisted:
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

I remember when you were lucky to even get a photo of the loft, so this is pretty cool. I guess. do you think they are starting to understand that fans are getting tired of the waiting game? not just acknowledging the fact that people are bored with it but really comprehending that putting a decade between album releases might kill the vibe they've worked so hard to construct over the years? it's still a way of life for them to put out music for money. 2 or 3 million dollars in the bank doesn't last forever. especially when you have a wife/family. where's the sense of urgency?
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

They have way more than 2 - 3 million in the bank after the lateralus touring.

Once again, Adam released that to say thanks for fans for voting in that stupid poll.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Kittaan wrote:Shit. Traveling this week with only iOS devices. The vid requires Flash, so I'm SOL until I get back. If anybody has an alternate link (nothing on YT so far) please post.

On the other hand, Big Sur and the Nor Cal coast are amazing as ever. Killer trip so far.
It worked on my iPhone. I forgot how I got it there though- had flash on fourtheye home page and was pissed about that.

Check this thread for a link from your ios device. Shit, I'm typing from a laptop and now it's bugging me on how I got it. Almost positive it was on here though.
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

Krazy_blah wrote:
Kittaan wrote:Shit. Traveling this week with only iOS devices. The vid requires Flash, so I'm SOL until I get back. If anybody has an alternate link (nothing on YT so far) please post.

It worked on my iPhone. I forgot how I got it there though- had flash on fourtheye home page and was pissed about that.

Check this thread for a link from your ios device. Shit, I'm typing from a laptop and now it's bugging me on how I got it. Almost positive it was on here though.
Look it up though the FB app on iOs.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

inequitude wrote:
Krazy_blah wrote:

Look it up though the FB app on iOs.
That'll work or so does Puffin Browser App, plays all flash stuff.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I'll give one of the above ideas a try. Thanks peeps.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Not Tyson wrote:They have way more than 2 - 3 million in the bank after the lateralus touring.

Once again, Adam released that to say thanks for fans for voting in that stupid poll.
I'd guess that Adam's laziness has a lot to do with the amount in his bank account.
Hey! Denty!
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

Yea, realistically these guys each have $10-$20 million in the bank. Maynard likely more since he has had multiple platinum albums and successful tours with APC in addition to Tool.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

void wrote:Yea, realistically these guys each have $10-$20 million in the bank. Maynard likely more since he has had multiple platinum albums and successful tours with APC in addition to Tool.
Realistically that's only a guess. It could be just as accurate as one of $1000 because we have no idea their spending habits and lifestyle. Coke, whores, travel, Lamborghini's, vineyards, homes, musical gear, etc. all cost big dollars :)
Professor of Lesbian Science
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Kittaan wrote:I'll give one of the above ideas a try. Thanks peeps.
Yeah- I got it from clicking HB's link from page 20. Here it is if you didn't find it already...
hellboy wrote:Adam sharing a little Lateralus from the Loft...
[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

void wrote:Yea, realistically these guys each have $10-$20 million in the bank. Maynard likely more since he has had multiple platinum albums and successful tours with APC in addition to Tool.
He may have earnt more, but I'd imagine he'd be a bit "poorer", what with his vineyard.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

void wrote:Yea, realistically these guys each have $10-$20 million in the bank.
Are you fucking kidding?? Any idea how much comes OUT of their touring fees to pay for expenses? Sure, they'd be doing well. Enough to buy decent houses and sports cars. But to suggest they are literally swimming in cash is preposterous.

Think they'd made any profit from the recent Opiate reissue??? Pffffft! I can assure they would have paid for that shit themselves.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

They must have a few Bob by now after all the album sales, touring, whoring. As for the opiate reissue, at the price they sold that for, if they still had to dip on their own pockets to pay for it id be very surprised indeed.
aphex0
Bronco's Fan

Post by aphex0 »

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/riches ... net-worth/ ~ 40 million for Mr. Carey according to these guys.

it also claims MJK is worth 45mil FWIW
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

If you consider just money in the bank account - there's probably not millions sitting there.

If you look at the total of all their assets - no doubt each of them would be multi-millionaires. $40 million seems pretty high, but it wouldn't be a massive surprise either.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Yep. Id say that when you get a million or two in the bank and your not an idiot then your pretty much made anyway.

d what even is rich? More money than you need? You don't have to be a millionaire to get comfy or 'lazy'.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

aphex0 wrote:http://www.celebritynetworth.com/riches ... net-worth/ ~ 40 million for Mr. Carey according to these guys.

it also claims MJK is worth 45mil FWIW
I think their evaluation system is flawed...
"The figures are acquired from all publicly available information including salaries, real estate holdings, divorces, record sales, royalties and endorsements. The estimated net worths come from a formula that takes out taxes, manager's fees, agents' fees, and lifestyle."
Professor of Lesbian Science
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

I do know that Adam Jones collects those horror/comic book figurine thingies. According to Buzz (who also collects) he has a whole large room in his house totally devoted to his passion. Must be worth a bit. Some of those things cost a fortune.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

To be fair, they're worth being multimillionairs. They've created some great work, and always put on a great show when they tour.

More than $15 million in any of their bank accounts seems a bit much, though. Would probably be more around $7 million.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Already having had this conversation?: Priceless.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.