Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
M0G
Lungsmen

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by M0G »

joeypants wrote:This past weekend, someone I'm friends with stated their dislike of Louis CK's most recent HBO special that was done "in the round" because "Dane Cook already did that and it just seems like he's ripping him off."

And I thought to myself... WOULD George Carlin leap across the table and choke his dear friend out for such an offense? Probably not, so I didn't. But I thought about it.
WTF? He actually said that? Holy shit that poor guy. Dane Cook shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Louis CK.
The most intelligent person on this forum
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

M0G wrote:
joeypants wrote:This past weekend, someone I'm friends with stated their dislike of Louis CK's most recent HBO special that was done "in the round" because "Dane Cook already did that and it just seems like he's ripping him off."

And I thought to myself... WOULD George Carlin leap across the table and choke his dear friend out for such an offense? Probably not, so I didn't. But I thought about it.
WTF? He actually said that? Holy shit that poor guy. Dane Cook shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Louis CK.
Keep that man away from the Celebrity Theatre in Phoenix where that was filmed. He does not deserve to hear it's brilliant acoustics nor to experience the intimacy that fine establishment has to offer.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
hellboy wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:So that Spartley dude got a happy bday post on toolband.

I forget, wasn't the general consensus that he was made up by Blair?
I expect it's a pseudonym for someone inside the Tool camp. It's been used frequently when they tour Australia, so hopefully they'll announce another tour shortly.
The guy in the picture is holding a Fosters can... could be a sign you are right
The problem with that is that no one in Australia actually drinks Fosters. I did a reverse image search though and it came up with nothing.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Seeing fosters on tap everywhere in London was a trip.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Not Tyson wrote:Seeing fosters on tap everywhere in London was a trip.
They don't even bother with that shit here. They know better.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Do they at least have VB?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

That's the only Aussie beer I've seen in liquor stores here so far.

I'll check the tap situation tomorrow night.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:
hellboy wrote:
I expect it's a pseudonym for someone inside the Tool camp. It's been used frequently when they tour Australia, so hopefully they'll announce another tour shortly.
The guy in the picture is holding a Fosters can... could be a sign you are right
The problem with that is that no one in Australia actually drinks Fosters. I did a reverse image search though and it came up with nothing.
I actually did the same reverse image search. Kinda surprised it's a genuine new image hah.

Yeah I realize no one drinks it there. But you do drink fosters parent company beers, correct?
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Durr, 95% of beers, wines and spirits are owned by 2 companies.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
Yeah I realize no one drinks it there. But you do drink fosters parent company beers, correct?
Not if I can avoid it. Given the choice I only ever really drink Coopers and craft beers. And occasionally Dos Equiis when I go out for Mexican.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

There's a new photo of Danny Carey on the toolband website, grilling chicken on a bbq.

The photo, it says, is taken by BMB.

Anyone think that means that Tool haven't gone away for a few weeks during this Mercury Retrograde thingy and that they're currently working on the album???

I only mention because Rynne said something about going away until July 1st and we all assumed...

Just thought I'd point it out..
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Onions have layers.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

I really hope it was a free range chook.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Tool may or may not be working on the album. It's nice to hear some specifics on their progress, but as I've said before until they announce they're in the studio, I largely don't care.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote:...as I've said before until they announce they're in the studio, I largely don't care.

What other things do you not care about?
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:
hellboy wrote:...as I've said before until they announce they're in the studio, I largely don't care.

What other things do you not care about?
Making lists about things I don't care about.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Such as....?
Ki77aan :twisted:
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Not Tyson wrote:Onions have layers.
Nearly spat my coffee. Thanks.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

The AV Club has a pretty good article about Lateralus.

With Lateralus, Tool built a monument to metal’s evolution
Don't mow your lawn
rimb
My pain is just an excuse

Post by rimb »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:The AV Club has a pretty good article about Lateralus.

The AV Club wrote:bassist James Chancellor
:roll:
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Danny Jones is like the best drummer evah! So cool!
Don't mow your lawn
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

When people give MJK shit for his persona and all, I have to look at articles like this and remember, "oh right, that's probably why he got that way." If you've followed them through all the years or read through years of interviews, you can kind of read between the lines and see his frustration with shit like this where the band is essentially reduced to "Keenan and crew" and I mean... fuck. Can you imagine? Dude's a lot of things, but he has integrity out the whazoo. It seems very obvious that a major component of what went into his move to the back of the stage, and his general caginess in interviews and everything else, was this notion that HE is the band. When really, it's so much more of a 4-way split and it's downright insulting to neglect to mention the other members by name and acknowledge their strong contributions to this band.

I mean, you're ostensibly a fucking "music journalist," do your goddamn research! Fack.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

joeypants wrote:

When people give MJK shit for his persona and all, I have to look at articles like this and remember, "oh right, that's probably why he got that way." If you've followed them through all the years or read through years of interviews, you can kind of read between the lines and see his frustration with shit like this where the band is essentially reduced to "Keenan and crew" and I mean... fuck. Can you imagine? Dude's a lot of things, but he has integrity out the whazoo. It seems very obvious that a major component of what went into his move to the back of the stage, and his general caginess in interviews and everything else, was this notion that HE is the band. When really, it's so much more of a 4-way split and it's downright insulting to neglect to mention the other members by name and acknowledge their strong contributions to this band.

I mean, you're ostensibly a fucking "music journalist," do your goddamn research! Fack.
Rather well played, sir.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

joeypants wrote:

You give Keenan way too much credit. He moved to the back because Tool is at the back of his priority list. It funds his vineyard. He couldn't give a shit less if they ever release a new album. I have no doubt he would happily do mini tours singing greatest hits and making an easy pay check for another 5 years and then call it quits.

As for the article, it is a fucking joke. Clearly written by someone who knows very, very little about metal, or really music in general.

That said, Lateralus is one of the best albums of all time. I will give Tool that much.
The most intelligent person on this forum
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote:
joeypants wrote:

You give Keenan way too much credit. He moved to the back because Tool is at the back of his priority list. It funds his vineyard. He couldn't give a shit less if they ever release a new album. I have no doubt he would happily do mini tours singing greatest hits and making an easy pay check for another 5 years and then call it quits.

As for the article, it is a fucking joke. Clearly written by someone who knows very, very little about metal, or really music in general.

That said, Lateralus is one of the best albums of all time. I will give Tool that much.
I agree with you for the most part about Keenan using Tool as income for his real passion. But i have to disagree with the comment of him never wanting to release a new record. I think he wants to release a new record almost as much as Danny wants to. Albeit mainly for an increased income, possibly, but i do think MJK would like to continue making music on whatever front it might be; if Tool is next in line i dont think he has issue writing new 'Tool' material.

Not to mention the contractual obligation haha