Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by The Boss »

Kittaan wrote:And from what I've heard, it's questionable whether or not most of his sigs are really his.

Although I would assume on a limited run, like this is supposedly, he would actually sign them himself.

All a moot point for me as I'm not THIS kind of stoopid.
I understand your rationale, but really - it doesn't mean much. Just because it's "limited" might even be more reason to just get someone else to do a half-second squiggle.

Was he physically there when these things were printed? How big is his cut?

See what I'm saying?
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Wasn't there a photo a while back of the 4 of them in the loft signing the opiate re-release on rolling chairs and about 10 tables? Or maybe it was just the chairs minus the members in the photo... :lol:
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Bill Hilly wrote:Can't fix stupid.
No you can't. And lets not talk about it. Makes me embarrassed to think I share the same musical taste as morons.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Bill Hilly wrote:Wasn't there a photo a while back of the 4 of them in the loft signing the opiate re-release on rolling chairs and about 10 tables? Or maybe it was just the chairs minus the members in the photo... :lol:
Adam was definitely on one of the chairs, as he should have been: It was his shitty artwork he was hawkin'.

Can't remember seeing the others. Danny's sig I'd assume you could expect is legit, since he seems to be a legit dude. Justin appears to be permanently stoned, so who the fuck knows.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

liz wrote: No you can't. And lets not talk about it. Makes me embarrassed to think I share the same musical taste as morons.
Mouth-breathers.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

The Boss wrote:Danny's sig I'd assume you could expect is legit, since he seems to be a legit dude.
On that note, I need to get some sleep before heading out to Primus tomorrow. I'm going to try to get some good video/pictures. I hate crowds though, especially festival crowds. Fuck it.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Enjoy the show and don't worry about recording it. I'm sure some die hard has it covered and it will eventually surface. Just be there in the moment. I know... I should take my own advice..
Ki77aan :twisted:
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Kittaan wrote:Enjoy the show and don't worry about recording it. I'm sure some die hard has it covered and it will eventually surface. Just be there in the moment. I know... I should take my own advice..
I thought the same thing about KRISTIN HERSH in Auckland. No bootleg has surfaced yet, and I was -----THIS----- close to recording it myself. Shittily, but still.

I would give BLOOD to have a recording of that show. Especially since I cried for a third of it.

Oh sure, they were manly tears of respect for a talented individual, but still. Crying.

Fuck you all, I am what I am.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

The Boss wrote:Oh sure, they were manly tears of respect for a talented individual, but still. Crying.
My best mate was a mess at the Steve Wilson gig we went to last year, it was pretty fkn unbelievable... I'd say when you are in to it let go...

As far as the fkn $300 prints are concerned I thought it was a joke, all 3 Facebook feeds (TOOL, APC, Puscifer) were clogged with that shit today, surely it's a joke.... They all used to spruke that it was about the music (the art) not their faces etc (who they were)..., then MJK is selling pics of himself for $300.... Fuck me....
Be good to each other.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

PimPle wrote:
The Boss wrote:Oh sure, they were manly tears of respect for a talented individual, but still. Crying.
My best mate was a mess at the Steve Wilson gig we went to last year, it was pretty fkn unbelievable... I'd say when you are in to it let go...

As far as the fkn $300 prints are concerned I thought it was a joke, all 3 Facebook feeds (TOOL, APC, Puscifer) were clogged with that shit today, surely it's a joke.... They all used to spruke that it was about the music (the art) not their faces etc (who they were)..., then MJK is selling pics of himself for $300.... Fuck me....
"If you see someone taking a photo in the crowd: Punch them in the face." -MJK, A PERFECT CIRCLE, The Horden, I don't know, 2002? 2003? Who are you, the Gig Police? If so, get a real job.

Yeah, not a huge fan of what these fucking wankers have become. Don't get me wrong - they made some amazing music in their time. But "10,000 WANKSTAINS" was the beginning of the end. They all pretty much changed. The above was even a taste of things to come, if you think about it.

Whatevs. As a consumer, I can listen to and do whatever I want with my habits and money. I'll continue to funnel just those into things I feel are more worthy. Might be a little different from what others think are worthy, but that's OK too.

Just stop giving The 'Nard money. Or Jone$. They're assholes. And they keep pushing to see how far they can take it.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

PimPle wrote:

OH SHIT, PORCUPINE TREE dude. Fuck, that had missed me for a split second. Sorry.

Dude, I don't know. I have no problem with crying at a gig. Only happened with me with KRISTIN HERSH; only because this has been something I've wanted to experience since I was 15. She just walked on to the stage, no lights, no nothing - kind of did a little nod, smiled nervously, waved. Lost it. Fucking gone. Maintained for a bit, then "Gazebo Tree" hit. Gone. Kept going, etc.

Steve Wilson is a tough one. Was there a story behind specific songs, or was your dude just enamoured with the talent of him? Either way is cool. Just curious.

I'm planning on framing my ticket. I still can't believe I've seen her live. It's meant more to me than seeing anyone else, come to think of it.

Alright, except for SNIVLEM. And LOOY.

Back on topic: I personally (through Skype?) know of a person who can vouch for Carey. He seems to be the most together out of the band. I'd happily get on the wagon with that dude, as I don't get the impression he'd ever whore himself out the same way the rest of the band seems to.

Meaning The Nard and Jone$. Justin is pretty much my kind of dude: Deep as fuck, never hear anything about him, plays bass. Fucking clutch brother in my eyes.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

The Boss wrote:I'll continue to funnel just those into things I feel are more worthy.
There are heaps of really awesome bands out there... Some even play outside the key of D minor... Don't get me wrong I am a pathetic lover of TOOL's music... but fuck they suck at just being nice cool guys... Case in point - the question Kanaduh asked (in the way blown out of proportion secret recording) was legit, the bland intermission sucked (lights on etc)... Adam Jones's response was shit... "it's not about you"... why couldn't the dude just be cool, instead of providing a self indulgent response that was lapped up by all of the ego feeders in the room....

I am drunk and really fkn annoyed at the pathetic fkn MJK prints...which will be chewed up by the foolish... so we will get more of it.....
Be good to each other.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

The Boss wrote:Back on topic: I personally (through Skype?) know of a person who can vouch for Carey. He seems to be the most together out of the band. I'd happily get on the wagon with that dude, as I don't get the impression he'd ever whore himself out the same way the rest of the band seems to.
http://shop.dannycarey.org/

:lol:
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

The Boss wrote:Steve Wilson is a tough one. Was there a story behind specific songs, or was your dude just enamoured with the talent of him? Either way is cool. Just curious.
He was playing a mellatron (in between guitar) and he is just super fkn cool, the gig was probably the best I have been to other than Opeth... Awesome small crowd of genuinely interested people, no fuckwits....
Be good to each other.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

The Boss wrote: But "10,000 WANKSTAINS" was the beginning of the end.
>mfw I literally turned off Lateralus after The Patient 5 minutes ago because I wanted to listen to 10,000 days instead

I'm liking it a lot more lately.

>mfw I have no face
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

PimPle wrote:
The Boss wrote:I'll continue to funnel just those into things I feel are more worthy.
There are heaps of really awesome bands out there... Some even play outside the key of D minor... Don't get me wrong I am a pathetic lover of TOOL's music... but fuck they suck at just being nice cool guys... Case in point - the question Kanaduh asked (in the way blown out of proportion secret recording) was legit, the bland intermission sucked (lights on etc)... Adam Jones's response was shit... "it's not about you"... why couldn't the dude just be cool, instead of providing a self indulgent response that was lapped up by all of the ego feeders in the room....

I am drunk and really fkn annoyed at the pathetic fkn MJK prints...which will be chewed up by the foolish... so we will get more of it.....
Right on. Far be it from me to create a fucking echo-chamber, but look:

TOOL (as a collective) have created some fucking incredible music. Yes, literally. Any time I listen to a song on headphones, I get something a little more. It's amazing. Love it.

But this is ridiculous. In this age of pirating etc, the last thing you want to do is estrange your audience. And every step this "band" takes now makes me want to seriously never even buy a concert ticket. My stance on pirating their "next" (LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) album is well-known - but now I would hardly bother to see them live.

For what? To see precision-worthy live attention to detail that I couldn't get from a pair of headphones? All so I can get a bit of a lightshow?

Yeah, no.

Half of the band's behaviour is something I'm not willing to give money to, so I won't. I'm a drop in the ocean, when it comes to people who will pay anything for anything TOOL-related. But still, it makes me feel better.

I'm thinking for myself. Isn't that what you wanted, TOOL?

God, that was not nearly as fun as I thought it would be. Switching from STONE TEMPLE PILOTS to KATATONIA. pwnt.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

not tyson wrote:
>mfw I literally turned off Lateralus after The Patient 5 minutes ago because I wanted to listen to 10,000 days instead

>mfw I have no face
I am a sucker for Jambi it is one of my favourite songs... to listen to and to play....
Be good to each other.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

>mfw?

Still think 10,000 Days is their best album. Closely followed by Ænima.

But I am caring less and less about a new album. If it happens I will buy it, if it never will happen it won't be missed.
Unlike the winds of winter.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

not tyson wrote:

>mfw I have no face
>mfw carey has the eye on his shop page, unironically
>mfw pimple
>mfwyou made me singalong to a tenfousandways song
>mfw on the second bottle of wine and cant wait for the soju after it
>mfw i dont know where you go when you leave this forum and im still here frownyface
>mfw the thing I own's facade at the moment of happening
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

ms2r wrote:>mfw?

Still think 10,000 Days is their best album. Closely followed by Ænima.

But I am caring less and less about a new album. If it happens I will buy it, if it never will happen it won't be missed.
Unlike the winds of winter.
You had so much promise, Rogs.

So much.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

8-)
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

The Boss wrote:
PimPle wrote:

Right on. Far be it from me to create a fucking echo-chamber, but look:

TOOL (as a collective) have created some fucking incredible music. Yes, literally. Any time I listen to a song on headphones, I get something a little more. It's amazing. Love it.

But this is ridiculous. In this age of pirating etc, the last thing you want to do is estrange your audience. And every step this "band" takes now makes me want to seriously never even buy a concert ticket. My stance on pirating their "next" (LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) album is well-known - but now I would hardly bother to see them live.

For what? To see precision-worthy live attention to detail that I couldn't get from a pair of headphones? All so I can get a bit of a lightshow?

Yeah, no.

Half of the band's behaviour is something I'm not willing to give money to, so I won't. I'm a drop in the ocean, when it comes to people who will pay anything for anything TOOL-related. But still, it makes me feel better.

I'm thinking for myself. Isn't that what you wanted, TOOL?

God, that was not nearly as fun as I thought it would be. Switching from STONE TEMPLE PILOTS to KATATONIA. pwnt.
I like the notion of self extension (not penile related) and TOOL (Aenima + Lateralus) provided a soundtrack to that idea, and for a time I thought there were a lot of other people looking beyond their day to day, their desks, their desire to need the unnecessary... (idealistic no doubt no need to give me shit)... but I genuinely thought TOOL as a band would give rise to a movement of 'Thought' ... The same way that RATM galvanised (and still do) the anger against injustice... Seems though that I am the Fool....Because TOOL are selling HD prints of the singer with his fake fucking mohawk for $300....
Be good to each other.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

The Boss wrote:For what? To see precision-worthy live attention to detail that I couldn't get from a pair of headphones? All so I can get a bit of a lightshow?
For Aenima era songs.

And they are far from precision-worthy.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

PimPle wrote: The same way that RATM galvanised (and still do) the anger against injustice
Signed & owned by Sony BMG
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

ms2r wrote:8-)
Someone we both know spoke very highly of you, back in the day.

I have no choice but to assume that you're a cunt now, as you're a Tyson Supporter (TM), but thanks anyway.

No, no; it's OK. Time does it to us all. Some earlier than most (Tyson, Hellboi).

And yeah, no, it won't pass.